Subliminal Talk
whome: UH - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: whome: UH (/Thread-whome-UH)

Pages: 1 2

whome: UH - whome - 03-11-2022

Cycle 1 (Days 1–9)

I posted earlier about how UH needs 8 hours, and how I have popping in my wall from the radiator, which prevents me from listening overnight as I need earplugs to sleep. However, my emotional state continues to not be good, so I bought UH.

What I’ve been doing is that I start playing the ultrasonic loops on my phone as soon as I get home and know I won’t be leaving again until the next morning, and I get as much in as I can before going to bed. Sometimes there’s not much popping, and I go to bed without earplugs and let the 8 hours complete. Sometimes there’s intense popping in my wall, so I put in earplugs, which lets me sleep. Can my brain process the sub through the earplugs? I don’t know, but I consider this to be a better option than not using UH at all.

Whether or not that is Following The Directions, that’s what I can do, so that’s what I’m doing.

I’m nine days in. There’s a light buzz in my arms, but that’s all that I’m noticing for now.

I'm likely not going to post often, but I plan to post at least once per cycle. If I can figure out any other treatment for what I’m dealing with (some variation of Developmental Trauma Disorder, from what I can figure) I’ll be doing it simultaneously. Given that my emotional system is pretty thoroughly broken, I don’t have confidence that UH will work, but I’m willing to try it and see if it can make something move.

RE: whome: UH - whome - 03-26-2022

Cycle 2 (Days 10–24)

Things have shifted some. I’m feeling less filled with grief, and more quiet. This change hit about three days into this cycle, where I was surprised to find that I felt silent inside. It’s different than some other times before when I felt numb, because numbness feels thick and opaque, while this feels quiet and unsettling. The grief has been creeping up a bit but not to the level it was at before.

Is this due to UH? I honestly don’t know. My emotions go through wide swings and changes for all kinds of reasons. This emotional change coincided with it getting warmer, and I find cold weather to be emotionally crushing, so it might be that. The only way I could say that is definitely UH is by watching the longer trend, so while I appreciate the enthusiasm of the folks on this board, I’d like it if we all withheld judgement for now, and waited to see how things evolve.

I used to use an iPhone app called Documents to listen to it, but what kept happening was that while the audio kept playing, the UI of the app would freeze up, so I would lose control. In addition, Documents would burn through so much processing power playing the audio that even while it was attached to the charger at my bedside it would still drain. So I switched to VLC on my phone, and found it to be a lot better, so I’m going with that.

The logistics of actually listening continue to be bad. The popping in the wall still remains an issue, so I start my “overnight” listening as soon as I know I’m not leaving for the night, anywhere from 8PM to 10PM the night before, and then have it continue to play ultrasonic for the 8 hours. Sometimes I do need to put in earplugs when I go to sleep, so on some nights I only get half the loops in before then. I know this isn’t ideal, but that’s how it’s going to be. As soon as it warms up enough that the boiler is turned off, I’ll drop the earplugs and consistently get the time in.

RE: whome: UH - RTBoss - 03-26-2022

Hey, man, a win is a win. Happy you have at least some change in a positive direction, whatever the cause and for however long it lasts. Hope you continue to see improvement.

RE: whome: UH - whome - 03-26-2022

(03-26-2022, 02:13 PM)RTBoss Wrote: Hey, man, a win is a win.  Happy you have at least some change in a positive direction, whatever the cause and for however long it lasts.  Hope you continue to see improvement.

Thank you! My fingers are crossed.

RE: whome: UH - whome - 04-10-2022

Cycle 3 (Days 25–39)

The weather is warming up, and while that will eventually mean less popping in the wall, right now in the intermediate days of semi-warm temperature, the boiler is cycling more, which means more popping. I had to wear earplugs 6/9 nights in this cycle.

My emotions got worse in this cycle, and there was at least one night during the on days in the cycle where the emotions spiraled into terror as I was trying to go to sleep.

Meanwhile, I tested positive, and that sucks for a million logistical reasons. I’m now stuck in my apartment for a week or so, I had to cancel plans to see my family, and now my body’s energy is going towards getting better rather than executing. Sigh.

On to the next cycle.

RE: whome: UH - whome - 04-23-2022

Cycle 4 (Days 40–52)

It’s springtime, and as we move out of the deep freeze the boiler has been cycling even more and the wall has been popping even more. What that means is that of the nine overnights of this cycle, four of those times I had to put in an earplug to sleep before the six loops were complete. However, because I start the sub a while before I go to sleep, I’m usually about 6–7 hours into the 8 hours total, so I did get most of the loops.

I understand that’s not completely following the rules, but right now that’s the best I can do. In a week or so, it should be warm enough that they’ll turn off the boiler for the system and I can just hit play and fall asleep without worrying about things like this.

It’s been four cycles now, and there’s no sign of autoconfig. On the other hand, either the earplug requirement to sleep is interfering, or perhaps it just doesn’t work for me, so I can’t say I’m surprised here. Let’s wait to see what happens once the popping stops, and I’m listening strictly to schedule.

(This summer I’m doing some construction with lights in my ceiling, but come next winter, I am chopping a hole in the wall to figure out what’s up with that popping.)

Meanwhile, I’m emotionally shot. The grief and pain continue to burn, and I’m not sensing anything going on from the sub. I am not ruling out the possibility of it doing something that I’m missing, for the reasons I noted above, but I’m not in any position to catch anything that is only subtly manifesting.

Next on cycle begins Wednesday/Thursday. Maaaybe the boiler will be off by then?

RE: whome: UH - London1 - 04-23-2022

(04-23-2022, 11:17 AM)whome Wrote: Cycle 4 (Days 40–52)

It’s springtime, and as we move out of the deep freeze the boiler has been cycling even more and the wall has been popping even more. What that means is that of the nine overnights of this cycle, four of those times I had to put in an earplug to sleep before the six loops were complete. However, because I start the sub a while before I go to sleep, I’m usually about 6–7 hours into the 8 hours total, so I did get most of the loops.

I understand that’s not completely following the rules, but right now that’s the best I can do. In a week or so, it should be warm enough that they’ll turn off the boiler for the system and I can just hit play and fall asleep without worrying about things like this.

It’s been four cycles now, and there’s no sign of autoconfig. On the other hand, either the earplug requirement to sleep is interfering, or perhaps it just doesn’t work for me, so I can’t say I’m surprised here. Let’s wait to see what happens once the popping stops, and I’m listening strictly to schedule.

(This summer I’m doing some construction with lights in my ceiling, but come next winter, I am chopping a hole in the wall to figure out what’s up with that popping.)

Meanwhile, I’m emotionally shot. The grief and pain continue to burn, and I’m not sensing anything going on from the sub. I am not ruling out the possibility of it doing something that I’m missing, for the reasons I noted above, but I’m not in any position to catch anything that is only subtly manifesting.

Next on cycle begins Wednesday/Thursday. Maaaybe the boiler will be off by then?

Im interested to see what Shannon has to say about the lackluster results with UH.
Im planning to use it but it doesnt look promising from the journals Ive seen.

RE: whome: UH - whome - 04-23-2022

(04-23-2022, 08:46 PM)London1 Wrote: Im interested to see what Shannon has to say about the lackluster results with UH.

Note that my emotional system is broken in a weird way. I wouldn’t necessarily draw conclusions as to the efficacy of UH from my experience.

RE: whome: UH - Frosted - 04-24-2022

(04-23-2022, 08:46 PM)London1 Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 11:17 AM)whome Wrote: Cycle 4 (Days 40–52)

Im interested to see what Shannon has to say about the lackluster results with UH.

Healing isn’t always glorious and can seem unending. Of course it seems underwhelming to you when you’re not experiencing it. But even if you were, healing can be one of those results that are harder to pinpoint when you are running a sub.

RE: whome: UH - UniversalMan - 04-26-2022

(03-11-2022, 04:32 PM)whome Wrote: Cycle 1 (Days 1–9)

I posted earlier about how UH needs 8 hours, and how I have popping in my wall from the radiator, which prevents me from listening overnight as I need earplugs to sleep. However, my emotional state continues to not be good, so I bought UH.

What I’ve been doing is that I start playing the ultrasonic loops on my phone as soon as I get home and know I won’t be leaving again until the next morning, and I get as much in as I can before going to bed. Sometimes there’s not much popping, and I go to bed without earplugs and let the 8 hours complete. Sometimes there’s intense popping in my wall, so I put in earplugs, which lets me sleep. Can my brain process the sub through the earplugs? I don’t know, but I consider this to be a better option than not using UH at all.

Whether or not that is Following The Directions, that’s what I can do, so that’s what I’m doing.

I’m nine days in. There’s a light buzz in my arms, but that’s all that I’m noticing for now.

I'm likely not going to post often, but I plan to post at least once per cycle. If I can figure out any other treatment for what I’m dealing with (some variation of Developmental Trauma Disorder, from what I can figure) I’ll be doing it simultaneously. Given that my emotional system is pretty thoroughly broken, I don’t have confidence that UH will work, but I’m willing to try it and see if it can make something move.

If I understood you right....

How exactly do you think you are going to "absorb" the subliminal if you wear anti noise earplugs?
Maybe it would be better for you to switch to corded headphones, the one that cover the whole earlobe, that way you wont hear the poping... just saying...

RE: whome: UH - whome - 04-26-2022

(04-26-2022, 07:14 AM)UniversalMan Wrote: How exactly do you think you are going to "absorb" the subliminal if you wear anti noise earplugs?
Maybe it would be better for you to switch to corded headphones, the one that cover the whole earlobe, that way you wont hear the poping... just saying...

You think I’m not aware of the sound absorption properties of earplugs? You think I haven’t thought of headphones?

1. No, corded headphones won’t work. I’m a side sleeper, and I haven’t yet found a pair that are comfortable for me to use when sleeping that way.

2. No, corded headphones won’t work. The popping is very loud (I am not kidding!), and I need full on earplugs if I want to sleep.

3. No, corded headphones won’t work. It’s not safe to use ultrasonic tracks with headphones, so I would need to switch to an audible track, and I’m very sensitive to sound and can’t fall asleep to noise, even that of trickling streams or ocean waves.

So here are my options:

1. Don’t use the sub.

2. Use the sub. Start the loops as soon as I know I’m not leaving home any more, and get about 4 loops in before I go to bed. If there’s no popping, let the full 6 loops finish up while I don’t wear earplugs. If there is popping, wear earplugs and hope I get whatever remnants of the sub make it through the earplugs.

I’m going with option 2. Yes, I’m very aware that this isn’t a great way of doing it. Yes, I’m very aware that the earplugs block most if not all of the subliminal. But please trust that I have given a lot of thought as to my options, and if I want to use the sub at all, this is the best I can do while the popping happens. The boiler will only be on for a week or two more and so I only need to work around the popping for that much longer before it goes away until the fall.

RE: whome: UH - UniversalMan - 04-26-2022

(04-26-2022, 09:06 PM)whome Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 07:14 AM)UniversalMan Wrote: How exactly do you think you are going to "absorb" the subliminal if you wear anti noise earplugs?

You think I’m not aware of the sound absorption properties of earplugs? You think I haven’t thought of headphones?

1. No, corded headphones won’t work. I’m a side sleeper, and I haven’t yet found a pair that are comfortable for me to use when sleeping that way.

2. No, corded headphones won’t work. The popping is very loud (I am not kidding!), and I need full on earplugs if I want to sleep.

3. No, corded headphones won’t work. It’s not safe to use ultrasonic tracks with headphones, so I would need to switch to an audible track, and I’m very sensitive to sound and can’t fall asleep to noise, even that of trickling streams or ocean waves.

So here are my options:

1. Don’t use the sub.

2. Use the sub. Start the loops as soon as I know I’m not leaving home any more, and get about 4 loops in before I go to bed. If there’s no popping, let the full 6 loops finish up while I don’t wear earplugs. If there is popping, wear earplugs and hope I get whatever remnants of the sub make it through the earplugs.

I’m going with option 2. Yes, I’m very aware that this isn’t a great way of doing it. Yes, I’m very aware that the earplugs block most if not all of the subliminal. But please trust that I have given a lot of thought as to my options, and if I want to use the sub at all, this is the best I can do while the popping happens. The boiler will only be on for a week or two more and so I only need to work around the popping for that much longer before it goes away until the fall.

OMG, what to say else than, good luck

RE: whome: UH - whome - 05-07-2022

Cycle 5 (Days 53–66)

Not much to say. The wall is still popping Mad so I’m still wearing earplugs, but by Thursday when the next cycle starts it’s supposed to be warm so I hope I can forget about this until the fall.

Not much to report in terms of something happening. I’m going to try out some new healing modalities and will see how they work.

RE: whome: UH - whome - 06-05-2022

Cycles 6–7 (Days 67–95)

I didn’t post two weeks ago because of a family emergency that demanded my full attention for a while, but that didn’t affect running the sub.

Things are warm now, so there’s been no popping in the wall for these last two cycles. I’m playing UH overnight, 6 loops, ultrasonic, at 14/16 on my iPhone 13 Pro. 

I haven’t yet noticed any changes to the grief and/or pain. I know it might take a while, especially since earlier cycles were impeded by earplug use, but what’s concerning is that I’m not getting any sense at all of autoconfig. I don’t know if there’s a difference between feeling nothing because “6 loops, 9 days on, 5 days off” is just right for me, or because the sub isn’t executing.

For now I’m going to keep running it.