Subliminal Talk
Streaming Issues - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Streaming Issues (/Thread-Streaming-Issues)

Streaming Issues - risingwarrior - 01-15-2022

Hi,
I'm in the midst of a 6-stage program and I had to miss my scheduled listen last night and today afternoon due to streaming issues. My connection is quite fast but the audio stream is stuttering since yesterday. I kept it on last night as usual and woke up with the audio gone and the remaining time showing in negative. 

Note that streaming was working for me so far. 

I use Chrome on Ipad (same browser on Windows). 

Not to be petty but is it possible to add a day or two to my subscription so that I can make up for my lost listening time? I thought pausing my subscription meant just that, but apparently not.

RE: Streaming Issues - Shannon - 01-21-2022

(01-15-2022, 07:47 AM)risingwarrior Wrote: Hi,
I'm in the midst of a 6-stage program and I had to miss my scheduled listen last night and today afternoon due to streaming issues. My connection is quite fast but the audio stream is stuttering since yesterday. I kept it on last night as usual and woke up with the audio gone and the remaining time showing in negative. 

Not to be petty but is it possible to add a day or two to my subscription so that I can make up for my lost listening time? I thought pausing my subscription meant just that, but apparently not.

As to the streaming issues, we can only apologize.  This is entirely out of our hands to really do much about, including adding days to the subscription.  We have the ability to set it to 30 days at a time and that's it, because the developer apparently is refusing to or for some other reason unable to reply.

I can suggest you try the following, however.

1. Make sure the browser is up to date.
2. Clear the browser cache, then re-start the browser.
3. Try re-loading the page.
4. Open a new tab and load the player page right before you use it each time.
5. Try a different browser.
6. Try a different device.
7. Try a different operating system.
8. Try resetting your modem and router.

It sounds like you've tried some of these.  Hopefully I've made some suggestions that help.Fortunately, while we get more reports of issues than we like, we also only get these reports rarely. 

If this happens, the best thing to do about having the play interrupted is to continue where you left off and report the number of days you miss because of these interruptions to Ben through an email to the back end.  We will do what we can do to make it right.  I'll see if we can do a pro-rated refund for the days you missed. I'm sorry I can't do more to correct this right now.

RE: Streaming Issues - risingwarrior - 01-25-2022

(01-21-2022, 02:48 PM)Shannon Wrote:

As to the streaming issues, we can only apologize.  This is entirely out of our hands to really do much about, including adding days to the subscription.  We have the ability to set it to 30 days at a time and that's it, because the developer apparently is refusing to or for some other reason unable to reply.

It sounds like you've tried some of these.  Hopefully I've made some suggestions that help.Fortunately, while we get more reports of issues than we like, we also only get these reports rarely. 

If this happens, the best thing to do about having the play interrupted is to continue where you left off and report the number of days you miss because of these interruptions to Ben through an email to the back end.  We will do what we can do to make it right.  I'll see if we can do a pro-rated refund for the days you missed.  I'm sorry I can't do more to correct this right now.

Thanks @Shannon ,

I missed only a day, so I won't ask for a pro-rated refund. But more than cost, it impacts a 6-stage program's listening plan. So I've to end my stage 1 listening of AM6 at 29 days. Maybe, in the future, you could consider tweaking the subscription service in the future so that for 6-stage programs, it is a bit more conducive. As you said, these reports are rare, and I agree with you. I only faced the issue once. 

But I do have to say that subscriptions is such a fantastic program and would be lovely if it's shaped up further. 
Note: I'd tried all the suggestions you mentioned. From different browsers to even different devices. It seemed like an issue with the website than a local one. Furthermore, it got resolved automatically the next day.

RE: Streaming Issues - Shannon - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 08:49 AM)risingwarrior Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 02:48 PM)Shannon Wrote:

If this happens, the best thing to do about having the play interrupted is to continue where you left off and report the number of days you miss because of these interruptions to Ben through an email to the back end.  We will do what we can do to make it right.  I'll see if we can do a pro-rated refund for the days you missed.  I'm sorry I can't do more to correct this right now.

Thanks @Shannon ,

I missed only a day, so I won't ask for a pro-rated refund. But more than cost, it impacts a 6-stage program's listening plan. So I've to end my stage 1 listening of AM6 at 29 days. Maybe, in the future, you could consider tweaking the subscription service in the future so that for 6-stage programs, it is a bit more conducive. As you said, these reports are rare, and I agree with you. I only faced the issue once. 

But I do have to say that subscriptions is such a fantastic program and would be lovely if it's shaped up further. 
Note: I'd tried all the suggestions you mentioned. From different browsers to even different devices. It seemed like an issue with the website than a local one. Furthermore, it got resolved automatically the next day.

If it was resolved automatically, then it sounds like whatever caused it was detected and corrected, which is good.  I don't know if it's the service itself or not, but it would sound like that must be the case if it was self corrected, given that you said you tried all my suggestions.

With the multi-stage sets, you're not going to miss a lot if you miss a day or two, but it's not quite as good as if you hadn't and I understand your frustration, especially if you're trying to actually follow the instructions.  So far the couple times when we have had enough data to go to the subscription service provider, their response has been that the diagnostics show it was on the user's end.  So I kind of feel like my hands are tied between not knowing enough and being unsure what to do and being swamped trying to catch up with my work all the time.  But I am keeping this in my attention, and when I find something I can do, rest assured I will be doing it. 

But making adjustments isn't a simple matter.  We need someone to adjust multiple different things and cooperation between multiple different providers to do so, and one of them may not be accessible by anyone but a specific developer who somehow never responds.  It seems like no matter what I try to do to fix or improve things, somehow there is always some factor that shuts me down despite my best efforts.  We are doing the best we can given the circumstances we are dealing with.

Thank you for trying to follow the directions on the subliminal.  That is much appreciated.