Subliminal Talk
whome DMSI 3.5 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: whome DMSI 3.5 (/Thread-whome-DMSI-3-5)

Pages: 1 2

whome DMSI 3.5 - whome - 01-05-2022

Days 1–5 (DMSI 3.4)
Days 1–21 (DMSI 3.5)

I’m back. I saw that a new version of DMSI was released with some new tech, and since I’m looking for some way to move the stuckness and pain deep inside me, I thought I’d try it. My main reason for using DMSI is goal #2, the self-esteem part, though I’ll take any of #1 I can get.

Back when I bought DMSI for the first time, there was explicit language on the sales page that said that the price to pay for free updates as tech improved was to post a journal talking about my experience, thus this post.

I did one cycle with 3.4, hybrid, 14/16 volume on my iPhone 13 Pro. Then 3.5 came out, and I switched to it. On day 8 I got some sense or idea that I should run two loops so I started doing so. Don’t know if that’s the autoconfig.

So far I can’t say that I’m noticing anything on any of the fronts, either others’ behavior, or any change in my thoughts or feelings. If something happens then I’ll post, but either way I’ll check in every so often to keep this thread up to date to uphold my end of the agreement.

As a side note, I continue to be stunned by the number of people complaining to Shannon about his choices of safety features to implement. I’m surprised and vaguely horrified. This is a subliminal. You trust Shannon to whisper words of his choosing straight into your subconscious. And yet you don’t trust him to choose the safety features? Either trust him, in which case trust his judgement about safety features and stop complaining, or don’t trust him, in which case stop listening to his subs. I don’t see how any course of action other than those two is logical.

RE: whome DMSI 3.5 - Morgul - 01-06-2022

(01-05-2022, 10:49 AM)whome Wrote: As a side note, I continue to be stunned by the number of people complaining to Shannon about his choices of safety features to implement. I’m surprised and vaguely horrified. This is a subliminal. You trust Shannon to whisper words of his choosing straight into your subconscious. And yet you don’t trust him to choose the safety features? Either trust him, in which case trust his judgement about safety features and stop complaining, or don’t trust him, in which case stop listening to his subs. I don’t see how any course of action other than those two is logical.

(Edit) Note: I fully support Shannon's decisions about the safeties, and agree to them.

It's possible to trust the quality and content of Shannon's products, yet complain that he made DMSI or some other program "too safe", because that might lower their options. But they're great quality and very safe, so it's very trustable. Wanting it to have different programming won't take away any trust in that other sense. We can trust Shannon for his expertise even without agreeing to 100% of his decisions.

RE: whome DMSI 3.5 - Shannon - 01-06-2022

(01-06-2022, 03:49 AM)Morgul Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 10:49 AM)whome Wrote: As a side note, I continue to be stunned by the number of people complaining to Shannon about his choices of safety features to implement. I’m surprised and vaguely horrified. This is a subliminal. You trust Shannon to whisper words of his choosing straight into your subconscious. And yet you don’t trust him to choose the safety features? Either trust him, in which case trust his judgement about safety features and stop complaining, or don’t trust him, in which case stop listening to his subs. I don’t see how any course of action other than those two is logical.

It's possible to trust the quality and content of Shannon's products, yet complain that he made DMSI or some other program "too safe", because that might lower their options. But they're great quality and very safe, so it's very trustable. Wanting it to have different programming won't take away any trust in that other sense. We can trust Shannon for his expertise even without agreeing to 100% of his decisions.

Do you suppose I made the decision to limit DMSI 3.4/3.5 the way I did for a good reason?  The fact is, I look ahead and consider the impact of what the program will do while I am creating it, partly to create a better program, but also partly to prevent sabotage and partly to protect you guys from yourselves.

I didn't want to have to do what I did.  That's why I spent 2 years thinking of how to deliver on my promises and achieve the program goals without causing problems. The problems this program would cause without those safeties in place would not just be for one of you, or a few people, or even the majority of you.  Those issues could cause major problems for IML and the entire subliminals industry.  So in order to prevent those issues, I created a way to prevent the problems that would result in those issues.  But given the magnitude of the issues I saw, there is no way around this.  These safeties MUST take top priority.  

It isn't what I want.  It isn't what you want.  But it's what has to be done to protect IML and the entire industry from problems we don't want.

So I did the best I could.  The other option was, don't build 3.4/3.5 at all.  When you're stuck between a rock and a hard place, you don't exactly have the luxury of doing what you would like to do.

Disagree if you wish.  I'm not going to risk it.  For anyone.

RE: whome DMSI 3.5 - whome - 01-09-2022

@Shannon, I knew that mentioning trusting your decisions here would bring up people complaining, but I wanted to explicitly mention my support for the (IMO quite reasonable) limitations you put in because there’s a lot of people complaining and very few who’ve spoken in support. I’ll mention it no further, as I must imagine it is tiring to keep hearing people complain.

Days 22–26

I continue to listen twice a day as noted in my earlier post.

My online dating cycles between getting zero response and getting some response but having it go nowhere. Since I started listening to DMSI this time, it’s swung from the former to the latter, but it’s hard to directly attribute that to DMSI as that’s how it’s cycled before.

Nothing noticeable is happening in person.

I am continuing to listen.

RE: whome DMSI 3.5 - EvolvingPhoenix - 01-09-2022

What limitations would those be again? Sorry, I've been gone from the forums for a while. It's amazing how much Shannon has gotten done over the year I've been (mostly) gone!

(01-09-2022, 12:07 PM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: What limitations would those be again?

The safety features to make sure things don’t go south (see the post earlier in the thread). Boy do people love to complain Sad

RE: whome DMSI 3.5 - Shannon - 01-09-2022

(01-09-2022, 10:56 AM)whome Wrote: @Shannon, I knew that mentioning trusting your decisions here would bring up people complaining, but I wanted to explicitly mention my support for the (IMO quite reasonable) limitations you put in because there’s a lot of people complaining and very few who’ve spoken in support. I’ll mention it no further, as I must imagine it is tiring to keep hearing people complain.

Days 22–26

I continue to listen twice a day as noted in my earlier post.

My online dating cycles between getting zero response and getting some response but having it go nowhere. Since I started listening to DMSI this time, it’s swung from the former to the latter, but it’s hard to directly attribute that to DMSI as that’s how it’s cycled before.

Nothing noticeable is happening in person.

I am continuing to listen.

Are you increasing the loops 1 per day per ASRB2 cycle?

RE: whome DMSI 3.5 - EvolvingPhoenix - 01-09-2022

(01-09-2022, 03:57 PM)whome Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 12:07 PM)EvolvingPhoenix Wrote: What limitations would those be again?

The safety features to make sure things don’t go south (see the post earlier in the thread). Boy do people love to complain Sad

Well that's just common sense. Why wouldn't he put something like that in?

(01-09-2022, 04:30 PM)Shannon Wrote: Are you increasing the loops 1 per day per ASRB2 cycle?

I’ll think about how I can do that. I can’t play it at night, as I need to wear earplugs to sleep. Right now I play the loops after work, and I could squeeze in another one or two. More than that and I’ll need to figure out how to play them during the day at work.

RE: whome DMSI 3.5 - whome - 01-18-2022

Days 27–35

Finished up a cycle with two loops and moved to three loops. I’m running it with headphones at work on my iPhone, as that’s the only time that I can reliably get three hours.

Still nothing to note.

RE: whome DMSI 3.5 - Morgul - 01-23-2022

(01-09-2022, 10:56 AM)whome Wrote: @Shannon, I knew that mentioning trusting your decisions here would bring up people complaining, but I wanted to explicitly mention my support for the (IMO quite reasonable) limitations you put in because there’s a lot of people complaining and very few who’ve spoken in support. I’ll mention it no further, as I must imagine it is tiring to keep hearing people complain.

Sorry, it seems I didn't make it clear on my post, but it wasn't a complaint. I also understand and support Shannon's decisions, in particular those mentioned here about the safeties. I'll add a note in there to reflect that.

I know that taking everything into account, it's better the way Shannon has done it.

RE: whome DMSI 3.5 - whome - 01-23-2022

(01-23-2022, 12:46 AM)Morgul Wrote: I know that taking everything into account, it's better the way Shannon has done it.

Thanks for the clarification.

Days 36–39

Three loops a day, though a mix of doing it at home aloud (14/16 loudness) and at work with headphones because other people are around (14/16 loudness which is actually not super loud, using Sennheiser PC350s via a lightning to headphone adapter; is that high impedance?). That’s two cycles with three loops a day. Thinking that it might be time to bump it to four loops a day.

No effects that I’ve noticed in my emotional or internal state, and no effects in person. There seems to have been an uptick of online dating likes, though no one attractive enough for me to swipe right back on.

RE: whome DMSI 3.5 - whome - 01-29-2022

Days 40–46

The last cycle was three loops of hybrid. I just started another cycle and am doing four loops.

Whatever was going on with online dating likes has quieted down and stopped.

I had an intro session with a psychiatrist a few days ago with the intention of trying TMS, a procedure that uses magnetic fields to try to wake up my brain and get it to feel better. Neither of us has any idea if it’s going to work, but as long as it’s not “that’s definitely not going to work” I’ll be going forward with it. I don’t know if listening to these subs at the same time is contraindicated; if so I’ll put the subs on hold.

Even though we’re proceeding with TMS, the psychiatrist and I talked for an hour, though their advice didn’t end up being hopeful. Medications tend to not work for childhood trauma-based symptoms. The psychiatrist shared some things that their patients in similar situations are doing that are not ideal but that they do “until something better becomes available” though the psychiatrist couldn’t say specifically what better treatment the patients were waiting for. The psychiatrist tossed out a few possibilities for treatments, all various flavors of being too terrifying to try.

I don’t know if these subs aren’t working because I’m screwing things up in some way, or if it’s that these subs can’t work for me because they assume some specific functionality deep in the psyche is working but for me it isn’t. In any case, I’m not feeling any blame or anything. I know my emotional system is broken in a way that causes most stuff to not work for me. I’m just feeling tired and burned out.

The current plan is to do the TMS over the next few weeks and see how it goes. Perhaps if I feel better the subs will start having an effect. We’ll see.

RE: whome DMSI 3.5 - whome - 02-05-2022

Days 47–53

Four loops of hybrid.

I’m emotionally floating in a sea of infinite sadness, and honestly, even if DMSI goal #1 of attracting others was working, I can’t say that I’d be in any emotional state to even notice or do anything with it. DMSI goal #2 of self love is definitely not working.

I’m eyeing UH but given that it’s 8 hours, that’s literally impossible for me. In the winter I have to wear earplugs so that I can sleep through the banging of the radiator, so I can’t do overnight, and 8 hours while I’m awake would only be possible if I break it up into pieces around working. In the spring when the boiler is off and I don’t need earplugs, maybe.

TMS isn’t doing anything yet.