Subliminal Talk
Ultimate Monetary Success v2. It's Cheddar O'Clock - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Ultimate Monetary Success v2. It's Cheddar O'Clock (/Thread-Ultimate-Monetary-Success-v2-It-s-Cheddar-O-Clock)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success v2. It's Cheddar O'Clock - Ampersnd - 12-01-2021

Stage 1, Day #26/365, 3rd Day ON,

About to start a new job tomorrow. The base pay is identical to my past job, but since it's contract, I'm getting 'in lieu of benefits' pay of 12% + vacation pay of 6%, as well as a contribution to a pension. I'm coming close to making 85-90k/yr in Canadian currency.

I'm coming close to needing to get Stage 2. Will have to time things properly to avoid getting double charged (assuming that there are failsafes around that in the worst case).

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success v2. It's Cheddar O'Clock - Raykon - 12-02-2021

(12-01-2021, 08:21 PM)Ampersnd Wrote: Stage 1, Day #26/365, 3rd Day ON,

About to start a new job tomorrow. The base pay is identical to my past job, but since it's contract, I'm getting 'in lieu of benefits' pay of 12% + vacation pay of 6%, as well as a contribution to a pension. I'm coming close to making 85-90k/yr in Canadian currency.

I'm coming close to needing to get Stage 2. Will have to time things properly to avoid getting double charged (assuming that there are failsafes around that in the worst case).

Just Curious, are you in Toronto or Vancouver?

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success v2. It's Cheddar O'Clock - Ampersnd - 12-02-2021

(12-02-2021, 12:12 AM)Raykon Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 08:21 PM)Ampersnd Wrote: Stage 1, Day #26/365, 3rd Day ON,

Just Curious, are you in Toronto or Vancouver?

I've DM'ed you my exact city.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success v2. It's Cheddar O'Clock - Ampersnd - 12-04-2021

Stage 2, Day #29/365, 1st Day ON,

Starting the first loop of Stage 2.
I had the desire to play video games instead of learning tech. Turned into a nearly three hour distraction.

I'm realizing that my current trajectory, though it will get me very far in life, won't get me there quickly. I'm not doing everything (I think) that I need to do to get ahead; there simply is not enough time.
I'm a bit fed up about the slow, menial grind to getting good; wondering if there is more.

On the other hand, I'm thrilled with my progress at the guitar. Each day is a new milestone. I have no doubts that I'm be epic in one year and a technical monster in two years.

I'm partway through month three (of 36) of 'Year of the Engine'; I am successful at that as well.
New job is going well.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success v2. It's Cheddar O'Clock - Ampersnd - 12-05-2021

Stage 2, Day #30/365, 2nd Day ON,

I've noticed that my motivations have been mostly in guitar skill building; my interest in coding and tech have decreased precipitously. That being said, I never miss a workout.
Also noticed that I have taken on a lot on my plate.

I'm also thinking about ways to make money outside of the basic 9-5. That way I could continue my interests and develop most of them simultaneously. The current setup is that my job (which takes 9ish hours each day, 5 days per week) financially supports my interests.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success v2. It's Cheddar O'Clock - Ampersnd - 12-06-2021

Stage 2, Day #31/365, 3rd Day ON,

I did a half-day of work for orientation. Was able to practice guitar about 4 hours today; the first 3 were really good and focused. Was able to make decent progress on some Jason Richardson material while also drilling in some technique work. I'm capping out on the speed for those - strict sweeping material - so I'll jump to new drills which integrate alternate picking (inside picking or string skipping) to round out my technique.

My desire to code has returned.
Excited for DMSI 3.4 to launch; I'll have it on my HDD, ready for use after I'm finished with UMS.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success v2. It's Cheddar O'Clock - Ampersnd - 12-08-2021

Stage 2, Day #33/365, 1st Day OFF,

Getting the sense that I'm going to become bored at my new job fairly quickly. Will have to figure out a plan B shortly.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success v2. It's Cheddar O'Clock - Ampersnd - 12-12-2021

Stage 2, Day #36/365, 2nd Day ON,

Reaching a point of 'fed-up'ness with the quality of my life.
I went over to a f*ck buddy's place; she's a 6.5, but she looked like she put on 10 pounds since seeing her last week.
Midway through, and after a couple of weird mannerisms from her, I'm thinking "what the hell am I doing here?"
I couldn't finish and I left within an hour.

I honestly believe that I should be with stunners, but I'm not making the money where that would make sense. Feels like there's a weird conspiracy to prevent me from doing that, but in reality I know that my behaviors communicate non-deservingness, and they pick up on it.

Let it be known that my approach anxiety is 99.9% gone; I go up to stunners in the gym and they seem to take it well. My main considerations for the remaining 0.1% are of spooking her at a bad time or of getting MOG'ed (which hasn't happened and probably won't scare me when that happens). When it comes time to take their number, they're "kind of seeing someone" (which often turns out true when we trade IGs). Feeling uber stuck and it's reaching a tipping point. (nothing violent, just feeling motivated to take some unknown action that's unlike myself.. big money move? Not sure)

Money wise, I know that I should be starting some YouTube channel or doing... something. But I never think to invest that kind of time because most of my time is accounted for, but it doesn't make me money.

Anyways, enough about ME ME ME ME ME...

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success v2. It's Cheddar O'Clock - MegaMan - 12-13-2021

(12-12-2021, 08:26 PM)Ampersnd Wrote: Anyways, enough about ME ME ME ME ME...

Why enough? This is your journal. In a sense, it is literally about you.

Wishing you well
MM

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success v2. It's Cheddar O'Clock - Ampersnd - 12-13-2021

Stage 2, Day #37/365, 3rd Day ON,

Performance absolutely EXPLODED today after work (work also went well, but I had a bunch of pent up frustration about it to).

I get home and start watching AlgoExpert videos while practicing some new drills; I've glued to my seat for about 4 hours and ultimately make it through 9 exercises, where these past several weeks I've dragged my feet to get a single one done. Massive dent in the exercises list, plus 5-6ish hours of guitar practice.

I'm feeling a compulsive urge to mastery.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success v2. It's Cheddar O'Clock - Ampersnd - 12-16-2021

Stage 2, Day #40/365, 2nd Day OFF,

Stayed home today because of a mild potential COVID symptom; got swabbed.
In the meantime, I've gotten 11 AlgoExpert coding algorithms so far today. Been practicing guitar while watching the conceptual overviews.

My brain is screaming at me that it's possible to make lots of money, and to make it quickly and without a ton of heartache or stress. Obviously, it takes consistent work, but I'm willing to do that if I know what steps to follow.
I'm considering joining Andrew Tate's Hustler University right around XMas time, after I've finished all of the remaining algorithms.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success v2. It's Cheddar O'Clock - Ampersnd - 12-17-2021

Stage 2, Day #41/365, 3rd Day OFF,

I really want to play UMS tonight, even though I'm meant to rest and let it absorb.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success v2. It's Cheddar O'Clock - Z-Man - 12-18-2021

(12-17-2021, 06:22 PM)Ampersnd Wrote: Stage 2, Day #41/365, 3rd Day OFF,

I really want to play UMS tonight, even though I'm meant to rest and let it absorb.

How's your run with UmsV2 going?

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success v2. It's Cheddar O'Clock - Ampersnd - 12-18-2021

(12-18-2021, 05:43 PM)Z-Man Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 06:22 PM)Ampersnd Wrote: Stage 2, Day #41/365, 3rd Day OFF,

How's your run with UmsV2 going?

Not bad; I'm going to drop a learning project and kick off a money-making program on X-Mas.
Cramming as much as I can from this project until then.