Subliminal Talk
Palpitations while listening + am I supposed to hear 20 kHz tones? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Frequently Asked Questions & Resources (FAQ) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Resources-FAQ)
+--- Thread: Palpitations while listening + am I supposed to hear 20 kHz tones? (/Thread-Palpitations-while-listening-am-I-supposed-to-hear-20-kHz-tones)

Palpitations while listening + am I supposed to hear 20 kHz tones? - Usagi - 08-20-2021

Hello all. New to subs and this forum and happy to begin listening!

I have two clarifying questions for anyone who can assist....

1. I used this website to test my computer speakers. My hearing taps out around 18-19 kHz. If my speakers were capable of playing 20 kHz would I be able to hear it or is this beyond the range of what most people could hear anyway? I want to confirm what I have is suitable for the ultrasonic tracks. I do notice a high pitch at higher volumes and nothing with the volume at a lower setting. 
  2. I am listening to Overcoming Procrastination and plan to do so for the minimum 32 days. I noticed positive effects within days with the ultrasonic track. However, after learning about speaker capabilities, I assumed my device was not sufficient and I switched to the masked track which gave me palpitations and mild irritability. Both have lessened but I do not feel as productive as I did while listening to the ultrasonic. I listened to the ultrasonic for 6 days before switching to the masked track (currently on day 4 of listening). Will I diminish my results if I return to the ultrasonic track? Should I begin my count over at day 1?

If it helps my two primary listening devices are an iPhone 11 and 2018 MacBook Pro (with the touchbar). Both I believe are stereo. 

Thank you in advance. I am new to subs and looking forward to exploring all they have to offer.  Smile

RE: Palpitations while listening + am I supposed to hear 20 kHz tones? - fab10 - 08-20-2021

Hi and welcome.

Go back to ultrasonic.

Your equipment can definitely play it and you are not supposed to hear it but it will work. In fact, your experience confirmed that it worked.

If you can use the Mac, you’ll have better stereo than with the iPhone and thus slightly better results.

I would reset the counter to day 1 but it might not be absolutely necessary. It’s just 4 extra days, see how it goes.

RE: Palpitations while listening + am I supposed to hear 20 kHz tones? - Shannon - 08-21-2021

The masked gave you that response because the volume of the subliminalized audio is much lower in masked format, and that means that much deeper subconscious awareness is required to sense and decode it. That level of your subconscious is clearly responding to the instructions with fear. That hints at that level being where the issue originates from.

If you were getting good results from ultrasonic, go back to it if those results made you happy. Otherwise, my suggestion is to stick with masked. It may not be as easy, but that just means it's more directly dealing with the issues.

You don't lose time by switching formats unless you know for sure that one format is successfully resisted by your subconscious. It doesn't sound like that is the case here.

RE: Palpitations while listening + am I supposed to hear 20 kHz tones? - Usagi - 08-27-2021

Thank you both, @Shannon and @fab10

Shannon, I do feel I have been having some resistance lately in the form of excessive weed smoking. I've resolved to quit until I complete my minimum 32 days of listening and see what happens. Smile

RE: Palpitations while listening + am I supposed to hear 20 kHz tones? - Shannon - 08-28-2021

(08-27-2021, 11:03 AM)Usagi Wrote: Thank you both, @Shannon and @fab10

Shannon, I do feel I have been having some resistance lately in the form of excessive weed smoking. I've resolved to quit until I complete my minimum 32 days of listening and see what happens. Smile

If you are seeing that smoking weed is a form of resistance for you, then it is something you are using as an escape mechanism.  All forms of addiction result from seeking to escape either fear or pain or both.  This is a red flag that you should resolve to stop using it at all, and instead focus on overcoming the fears that are triggering it.  Escape mechanisms are only useful for hiding from hat helps you grow and become better.  Deny them, and you are left with growth and self improvement being the only options.