Subliminal Talk
Superman's UMSV2 thread - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Superman's UMSV2 thread (/Thread-Superman-s-UMSV2-thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Superman's UMSV2 thread - Superman - 06-29-2021

(06-29-2021, 07:39 AM)Shannon Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 07:31 AM)Superman Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 07:09 AM)KingDavid93 Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 06:58 AM)Shannon Wrote:
(06-28-2021, 08:41 PM)Superman Wrote: I definitely cannot follow asrb lol. I don't even know how many days off I've had at this point.

Starting over again lol

Thats self sabotage for sure. Find a way to defeat it.

@Shannon 

Why would it be considered self sabotage if you find yourself wanting to play it every day and not take a break- that’s kind of how my first week has been so far, I find myself wanting to play it regularly, it doesn’t seem to exhaust me so I’ve just continued playing it

I would much rather play it everyday and take no days off. Whenever I try to follow asrb and take days off I always lose track of the days. I've set reminders in my calendar but that didn't help

I think I misread the original post. Thought it said he had had too many days off to know when he'd used it last.

But ASRB2 is there for an important reason. Just because it doesn't exhaust you doesn't mean "keep going". You still need processing time, especially with this gen.

No, Shannon's understanding is correct. I started the first asrb round and when I took days off I lost track and forgot and took a couple extra days off.

Now I'm starting over, I did my loops last night

RE: Superman's UMSV2 thread - Roy - 06-29-2021

Get a piece of paper and write the days and dates and put a check mark every day. It's simple. Don't sabotage yourself.

RE: Superman's UMSV2 thread - Superman - 06-29-2021

(06-29-2021, 08:55 AM)Roy Wrote: Get a piece of paper and write the days and dates and put a check mark every day. It's simple. Don't sabotage yourself.

Sounds simple enough, I'll give it a try

RE: Superman's UMSV2 thread - lano1106 - 06-30-2021

if I can chime in, the paper trading method is a good method but it is not the only good method.

My take on the question about how to achieve trading success is to develop a system ie: An algortihm, a set of rules, etc...

Anything that you can apply and repeat systematically. Once you have that, you check the result and tweak your system to get the result you want.

The key is to remove emotions of the equation. I found out that my greatest loss have achieved when I was in an emotional roller coaster.. fear, greed, excitement of winning, etc...

My take on how to achieve it, since I am software developer has been to develop a trading software but I see other very successful traders on the Internet doing the same thing in their own way. ie: TA guys will be on the look out for certain patterns, check the values of their indicators and by following their own set of rules, they will open or close positions...

For me, paper trading method is not real enough to be motivating but it all comes down to practice without taking risks...

You can do real trading and still manage risk intelligently...

It all comes down to:

test, validate results and scale up when the method is proven to work.

hope that helps!

RE: Superman's UMSV2 thread - Superman - 06-30-2021

(06-30-2021, 06:00 AM)lano1106 Wrote: if I can chime in, the paper trading method is a good method but it is not the only good method.

My take on the question about how to achieve trading success is to develop a system ie: An algortihm, a set of rules, etc...

Anything that you can apply and repeat systematically. Once you have that, you check the result and tweak your system to get the result you want.

The key is to remove emotions of the equation. I found out that my greatest loss have achieved when I was in an emotional roller coaster.. fear, greed, excitement of winning, etc...

My take on how to achieve it, since I am software developer has been to develop a trading software but I see other very successful traders on the Internet doing the same thing in their own way. ie: TA guys will be on the look out for certain patterns, check the values of their indicators and by following their own set of rules, they will open or close positions...

For me, paper trading method is not real enough to be motivating but it all comes down to practice without taking risks...

You can do real trading and still manage risk intelligently...

It all comes down to:

test, validate results and scale up when the method is proven to work.

hope that helps!

Thanks for the advice, but I think you're replying to the wrong thread? No one was talking about trading anything, it was about tracking my listening for asrb

RE: Superman's UMSV2 thread - lano1106 - 06-30-2021

sorry about that Superman!

you are right... In a different UMS journal someone was seeking advice to improve their trading, many people did suggest paper trading...

When I have seen 'paper and write down stuff', I was sure that I was in the right place...

Happy UMSv2 run. I'll be more careful before replying in your journal and I should join soon the UMSv2 bandwagon...

RE: Superman's UMSV2 thread - Superman - 07-02-2021

I had decided on doing mon-Thurs on, Fri-Sun off.

But I fell asleep last night without turning on my loops. So it ended up being 3 nights on, which is more in line with the instructions anyways. Today would be my second day off so I'll be back on tomorrow

Effects wise, still nothing financially. I do feel a little different emotionally and fear wise. Part of it is me realizing that I'm older and I that I can't be scolded like a child anymore. Part of it is them also realizing the same.
I do have a fear of people finding about about my financial mistakes that I've made. If I can make a significant amount of money this year then that fear will be gone.

I also feel a sense of being fed up with some things right now and while I have been feeling this way for a while the sub could be pushing me to end that situation.

I would be losing a source of income if I did that, but I would also be losing some thing that consumes every weekend. It's not a major source of income but its enough to make a small difference.

RE: Superman's UMSV2 thread - Superman - 07-02-2021

I've been thinking of writing a journal or some type of word document with all of my memories and experiences throughout my life.

The older I get the more difficult its becoming to remember things. I always felt like my life experiences had taught me a lot and that I wanted to be able to pass ok that knowledge, but Im not sure if I'll be able to just based on memory.

The only concern would be someone finding it, lol. I'm a very private person. I would need a way to write that wouldn't be compromised. I remember I once wrote something personal in a school agenda and I walked away from my desk. Someone opened my book, found the page and read it out loud and I heard it thinking hmm that sounds familiar, and when I realized I grabbed my journal ripped out the page and tore it up. Since then I've been afraid of writing things down in fear that it might be seen.

Kinda funny since I'm writing a journal on this site, but being somewhat anonymous helps a lot with that fear.

RE: Superman's UMSV2 thread - Superman - 07-05-2021

Really feel the urge to just push through and do like 10 loops at once

I'm really feeling some motivation to seek other revenue streams and get my surroundings organized.

I've always been a perfectionist and it's held me back from so many things in life. Soon as I find a flaw in a plan, the whole thing is cancelled. Or my fear of being judged kicks in and I end up never starting.

I think I'm just gonna take the plunge and force myself to start. It's happened numerous times where I see someone doing something and having success when I know that I'm better than them. But they took that first step and started, while I had analysis paralasys and never started.

I blame my parents for that mentality, but it is what it is. It's up to me to get myself out of it.

RE: Superman's UMSV2 thread - Superman - 07-05-2021

I think even my inability to stick to the loops is influenced by my fear on having to be perfect. When I realize that I messed up the loops or days off I always just give up for a little while and make sure it's good and ruined before I start it up again.

Today I did a ton of loops, didn't count them. I set the ultrasonic track to loop on max volume. Occasionally it would stop playing due to some glitch or something with my phone but I would just start it up again. I would say I got in around 6-8 loops today. I felt super motivated and was actually very productive today. Not in terms of my job, but in terms of getting my own personal things done.

My room is currently a mess because I decided to just empty all the drawers and go through everything throwing out things I don't need or don't use. I used to hold on to A LOT of things for sentimental value. Now I'm finding that I don't have a problem letting them go.

RE: Superman's UMSV2 thread - MegaMan - 07-06-2021

(07-05-2021, 08:30 PM)Superman Wrote: I think even my inability to stick to the loops is influenced by my fear on having to be perfect.  When I realize that I messed up the loops or days off I always just give up for a little while and make sure it's good and ruined before I start it up again.

I am dealing with a similar problem, every time I "fail" to complete a task in the way I envisioned it I am left feeling defeated. It's surreal because often I did complete the task, not just exactly in the way I wanted/planned to do it.
What works for me is interrupting this pattern of doubt and defeatism with something, a walk/gym/whatever floats your boat. And then look at what's the next goal after this task I "failed" at. More often than not I realize that the way towards the next goal is clear and that I really did complete the task in a sufficient way to move forward. That's what counts.

Or as the saying goes: One can work with that.
MM

RE: Superman's UMSV2 thread - Superman - 07-06-2021

The overcome fear portion of UMS2 was put to the test today. I don't want to go into details as its a very personal matter but I definitely noticed the change. It's not a financial matter, but there was a tense incident with elevated emotions and I held my ground probably like I've never done before.

Bravo UMS2

I did daytime loops again today while working. Although it's less convenient for me and sometimes I'm not sure if I'm getting the full loops due to moving around walking in and out of the room and such, interruptions when I open a video or Instagram on my phone. But I try to listen as much as I can. For this cycle I'm trying to go heavy on the loops.

I think the daytime loops are having more effect on me than my usual night loops. I've always liked the night loops due to convenience and it takes less effort to get them all in, but I think the conscious intention that the day loops require is doing something for my brain.

RE: Superman's UMSV2 thread - Superman - 07-07-2021

Wow stage 2 finished already!

I'm liking the pace of progress.

RE: Superman's UMSV2 thread - Shannon - 07-07-2021

(07-07-2021, 07:45 PM)Superman Wrote: Wow stage 2 finished already!

I'm liking the pace of progress.

Stage 2 is finished because the script is finished for all four stages, and all I have to do is build them.  It still takes 3 to 5 days to build one of these scripts into a finished audio program.  It also takes a month to create the script.