Subliminal Talk
lano1106 UMSv2 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: lano1106 UMSv2 (/Thread-lano1106-UMSv2)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-21-2021

Stage 3, day 21:

You need to acknowledge luck when it happens in unsuspected ways. A trade execution that went wrong did highlight several flaws in my code.

Some people could be unhappy to have a loss.

For me, this is a blessing to have events that make me discover ways to improve my system.

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - Superman - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 10:06 AM)lano1106 Wrote: Stage 3, day 21:

You need to acknowledge luck when it happens in unsuspected ways. A trade execution that went wrong did highlight several flaws in my code.

Some people could be unhappy to have a loss.

For me, this is a blessing to have events that make me discover ways to improve my system.

What's your take on XRP?

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-21-2021

Philosophically, I don't like it much. This is not a crypto that I am looking to hold.

It goes against the core idea of crypto that says that it should decentralized so that no one can control it... XRP is centrally controlled by definition so it is not good to me.

On a short term horizon, its price could apparently explode with a favorable verdict in the SEC vs Ripple case but I don't follow that story close enough to have an idea on how probable this scenario could be.

In my system, a small budget is allocated on a XRP balance. Not because it is crypto that I like but simply because after BTC and ETH, XRP is one of the crypto having a high number of pairs with XRP in it which makes it a good candidate for arbitrage...

And even for arbitrage, it is even not in my top performer... My most regular performers are BTC, ETH and DOT with the occasional surprise star. Last week, ALGO did well in arbitrage when it suddenly spiked 60% up!

So all in all, this is not a crypto that I would recommending holding...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-22-2021

Stage 3, day 22:

Completing the margin trading feature had a deep impact on my mindstate. Dragging this idea for over a year was a huge burden and liberating myself from it is a big relief.

For the last few days, I am feeling in fire. My productivity is through the roof, new ideas are flowing in my mind. I am currently implementing 2 new features that should improve my system performance in parallel and both features are progressing nicely. When I stumble on something that is blocking progress on one of the feature, I switch to the other and it seems like my subconscious mind continue working on the problem in background such as when I return to it later, a solution simply pop out and I can continue moving forward completion.

One week later, I got my second margin trade. With that type of frequency, this is definitely not the bonanza that I was hoping for. I am not sure if I am the only one thinking that but I was imagining being stroke by success... This is not how it is in my experience... Reaching success is more like a slow and long grinding process... My margin trading feature should have been a game changing feature. It shows up to be more just a minor evolution, a simple building brick toward success. It enhance my system but I cannot shout victory yet... Will I ever be able to??

Bottom line, the second margin trade did make my system crash again. On a positive note, my last bug fixes did work and the code went much further down the trade process with the new trade type. I still have investigate what went wrong but I think that the first successful margin trade might happen at the third or fourth attempt...

to be followed... have a nice day!

Update:
I was thinking taking a small break after stage 3 to give the new DMSI release a go until I met a regular partner have some fun...

However, I am currently enjoying myself so much with the latest project progress that I might postpone the break idea to later... maybe somewhere during spring 2022... We will see how things go...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-23-2021

Stage 3, day 23:

There has been few trades since last updates. The system still works fine but just not often enough.

I am progressing on developping the new features that I have imagined earlier last week. IDK if I am the only one experiencing this but I have a super good idea in mind. It is clear and appears to be easy to do but when I end up actually implementing it, I find out that carrying it over is more tedious than it was in my mind.

I have just that happening to me right now. I wish things would move faster. I make good progress but it takes days instead of hours to complete those ideas...

I rarely have good clarity and energy to work on this stuff in the late evening... So probably the soonest that I will complete one of those 2 tasks, it will be tomorrow...

I guess that as long as there is progress, it is positive...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-25-2021

Stage 3, day 25:

I made some progress on my new features...

but not as fast as I would like... They are still uncompleted...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-26-2021

Stage 3, day 26:

I am done with new feature #1. I have written over 1000 lines of code in the last 3-4 days for it.

Completions is really something that is boosting my energy level.

With this newly found energy, I might be able to complete the remaining tasks and upgrade the server software tonight or at least no later than tomorrow...

I think that I got a luck manifestation in the last 2 weeks.

I must have said numerous times in my journal that my highest priority is to reduce my system latency...

while browsing a linux news website, I have stumbled into a news reporting patches submitted for the kernel 5.17 by a Google engineer that were optimizing the TCP stack performance by about 20%.

Normally, 5.17 is not scheduled for release before at least end of February 2022... But since, I am compiling the kernel of my server hosting my trading system, I can fetch those specific patches and backport them to the latest 5.15 kernel that I am using so that I can enjoy the performance enhancement now instead of having access to them only in many months from now...

The luck is to have become aware of their existence. Those patches could have easily went unnoticed...

In itself, this might be luck...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-28-2021

Stage 3, day 28:

Today was a great productive day. I have almost completed the 2 second improvement feature idea that I had last week.

The amount of work is definitely bigger than expected but things are moving forward nicely.

I am not done yet that inspiration for the next task is already coming on the surface of my mind. It is as if my subconscious was finally 100% cooperating in the project and my conscious and subconscious minds were cooperating and working in a multitasking way to reach the goal.

I am excited with the pace that things are moving and what might be the result of the next server upgrade.

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-29-2021

Stage 3, day 29:

I have completed task #2 this morning. I have even completed task #3... I am currently reviewing the the margin trade #2 that made my system crash last week.

The log is rich with very valuable information. I have fixed at least 2 bugs related to margin trading... I have not yet figure out the crash and I forgot to look the core dump... Hopefully the logs are going to be sufficient to resolve that mystery...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-29-2021

I have fixed one more stupid bug in the margin trade processing code.

I have understood another problem with the code but I am too tired to fix it tonight. Hopefully, this is the last remaining bug and I should be good to go to upgrade the server tomorrow!

Hey, I have noticed something. On top of my stellar productivity in the last few days, on my spare time, I do read a hardcode linux book (It is a 1 thousand pages brick). I have been reading it on and off at least since last spring. There are 2-3 chapters in it that I had a hard time assimilating their content. This time around, my understanding is fluid. Their content finally makes sense and I get this understanding easily. It makes me wonder if there is some chunk of MLS buried into UMSv2...

My learning capacity appears boosted... The effect is striking (and very useful to progress quickly...)

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - MegaMan - 12-01-2021

Great to hear that you are making progress!

(11-29-2021, 09:10 PM)lano1106 Wrote: Hey, I have noticed something. On top of my stellar productivity in the last few days, on my spare time, I do read a hardcode linux book (It is a 1 thousand pages brick). I have been reading it on and off at least since last spring. There are 2-3 chapters in it that I had a hard time assimilating their content. This time around, my understanding is fluid. Their content finally makes sense and I get this understanding easily. It makes me wonder if there is some chunk of MLS buried into UMSv2...

My learning capacity appears boosted... The effect is striking (and very useful to progress quickly...)

You are right on the money. UMSv2 goal 10: Learn whatever you need to learn for achieving UMS, and learn it faster and better than you could before.

Wish you a great day lano1106
MM

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 12-02-2021

Stage 4, day 2:

I made a lot of dream last night. They were weird and meaningful in a incomprehensible way.

I love doing them. I take that as a sign that my subconscious mind is processing what is being told.

I have upgraded my server as I said I would in my last entry. Improvement feature #1 code was making the server crash at startup. After struggling for an hour or 2, I have finally found out the silly error and I did fix it.

My server did crash again. This time on new code that was written for improvement feature #1. Something is still broken in this code but I fail to see what it is. I am currently working on this issue. It should be resolved later today...

Improvement feature #3 was a better instrumentation of my code to have a clearer view of the system reaction time and yesterday while I was totally unaware how improvement feature #1 was breaking the server (only when it is triggered which can happen few hours after startup), I felt like I did stumble into a pile of gold. Code that I thought was perfect is in fact far from it. I was relying on my intuition. Now, I have a precise measurment. We are talking about microseconds. What I believe is despite being front runned by milliseconds on the exchange server side, I think that it may be caused by a trading volume spike on their servers and getting in front of the herd might be a question of uSecs that may end up make my system order being processed mSecs faster.

Bottomline, with this feature #3 in place, this has given me a couple of ways to make my system run faster and this filling me with joy! One unexpected way to make my system faster is to flip my compilation to use C++20 instead of C++11. There is a new addition in C++20 in a standard class that I am using that makes possible to reduce memory allocation and memory copies in an area of the code that my instrumentation has shown to be a performance bottleneck...

This is really cool... I am enjoying myself a lot right now...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 12-04-2021

Stage 4, day 4:

I missed yesterday crypto crash bonanza. The last few weeks worth of new code got triggered early during the crash and this resulted into a server crash.

Last night and this morning, I did review the logs. On the bright side,

Last night run have seen its first margin trading successfully go through the whole process without crashing and it did allow me to fix a ridiculously high number of silly bugs...

My sleep pattern have been affected by me trying to finish everything all at once... I felt tired yesterday afternoon and I did a nap from 5PM to 9PM... This has totally screw my night of sleep... This remind me the good time when I was studying at the university...

So, as a result, I feel like I am in a down mood. It is either caused by my horrible sleep pattern of the last 1-2 days or Stage 4 that is reprogramming me makes me feel like that or both...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 12-05-2021

Stage 4, day 5:

The day is still young and I may update this entry later if I have more to say.

but I woke up with the server gone because it has crashed during my sleep.

It is still bugs introduced by the new code added in the last month. I start to be annoyed by the crashes... Hopefully the server is going to retrieve its rock solid stability soon. Investigating the crash made me fix 2 small bugs and I have made 2 minor improvements to the code...