Subliminal Talk
lano1106 UMSv2 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: lano1106 UMSv2 (/Thread-lano1106-UMSv2)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - Shannon - 10-30-2021

UMS v2 is doing things a lot differently than BASE did.  It seems to be building up a magma pocket under a caldera, if you follow the analogy.    There are big changes going on under the hood and big things being worked into the coming future, but the current time seems to be dominated by efforts to stop and prevent that.  Those efforts would not be necessary if it wasn't working, and once I realized what was going on it was possible for me to find strategies to thwart them.  We are still on track regarding my efforts, but the self sabotage effort from the resistant subconscious is fierce.  This seems to be because it threatens the only sense of security that my 2-year old self understood, which it has strongly associated with what was effectively poverty.  This is all possible for me to overcome through conscious awareness, will and effort, which I am doing.

That doesn't mean UMS doesn't work,  guys.  It means it works well enough to dredge up every last sticking point and force the change anyway.  It just takes some conscious effort and determination to stay the course along the way, and that is true for you as well I am sure.  Comparing UMS v2 in 5.75.7G to BASE 5G is not even close to apples to apples.

Stick it out, and you'll see what I am seeing.  If I had paid for UMS and UMS v2, I would have spent $514.95.  I have seen returns over many, many times that so far (from investments, not from IML)  and it's getting better over time.  This program is trying to make HUGE changes, and it requires enough time to work through the subconscious challenges and adjustments that are necessary, as well as "weaving the threads of fate" into the tapestry to asked for.  Most of this takes place behind the scenes, from what I can tell.  It will likely not seem terribly impressive until it's ready to become manifest fully.  

And remember that with a usage pattern of 1-2-3-4-4-repeat, the 3x run throughs will take 16 months, not 12.  For those who hold the line, there will be much more obvious and enjoyable results.  Even though I am only through month 4 right now, it's brought me enough returns outside of IML that it paid for itself many times over so far through my investments.

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 10-30-2021

thx for chiming in Shannon...

I'll try to keep the line but taking a small break just to use DMSI the time to add an intimate partner in my life is very tempting...

Following your explanations, a lot is going on underneath that I am unaware of...

Just to clarify where my impressions comes from... I'm not really looking at the resulting outcome... I have always been more interested to the journey and the process.

I base my impression of the program on the productivity that I was capable of while I was on BASE vs the one I have today.

There might be other explanations to the productivity difference such as:

- I started my project along with BASE. Since I was starting from scratch, all I had to do was to create. vs Today, with the current codebase, comes along a lot legacy... Making a change is similar to a complex surgery... Millions of details are to be considered... A lot of care is required to avoid unintended consequences... I'm pretty sure you can relate to that phenomenon with your programs dev...
- My current mindset. Seeing the world as we know it being destroyed and replaced by something else in the last 20 months has certainly an effect on my emotional balance...

or maybe it is unconscious resistance...

I'll keep my faith in the program... all I can say is that I wish that could find back the energy/productivity/enthusiasm toward the project that I had back when I was running BASE...(which may/may not have affected my mindset in that direction)...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - Shannon - 10-30-2021

No faith required my friend; my programs don't run on placebo. Smile As for energy, motivation and enthusiasm... if that is being affected because of subconscious resistance (and there are other possibilities I'm sure), then what is called for is a little bit of indignation and stubborn refusal to be manipulated out of your success. That should motivate you again.

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 10-31-2021

Stage 2, day 31:

Last day before jumping into stage 3.

My subconscious mind likes to joke as it seems like I am going to complete my margin trading feature at about the same time than stage 3 starts.

I got distracted by major losses that my system generated and this made me interrupt my work to look into the logs. I am glad I did. This did allow me to find a now very rare occurence of a problem in the execution engine.

A invalid assumption that an order was either using maker fee or taker fee did prove to be invalid. You can have partial execution using the taker fee and have the remaining use the maker fee. This was derailing the trade execution as the balance was incorrectly estimated.

That was a busy week-end for trading activity. Who would have guessed? FB announcement about their META project made all the multiverse cryptos explode. Decentraland (MANA) price got a 160% increase in less than 24h...

I guess that it was predictatble... but I didn't see it coming...

I haven't updated the server software for at least a week and I am eager to do so... It has so many bug fixes since the last update...

Despite few consecutive losing days of trading, my monthly trading volume is getting back up. For the first time for at least a month, it went back above $100K... This is an encouraging sign...

Stage 3 will probably be a good stage financially...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-02-2021

Stage 3, day 2:

Margin feature is progressing. The progress seems faster since I have started stage 3.

I have the feeling that I am only hours away from completion for the last few weeks. I still this feeling today. One day, it is going to be accurate but it hasn't so far...

No idea what is happening here. My productivity is in the gutter or I have greatly underestimated the required amount of effort... or both!

Working on the feature is forcing me to review code in rarely visited area and this did allow me to discover small glitches here and there...

N o new trades by my system since Sunday... Which isn't a bad thing... Trading activity distract me away from my #1 priority...

My compulsory DOT investment that I made 1 month ago is doign well... I did buy at $25. It is now worth over $50!

I did a weird dream last night. I took notice because it was happening inside my childhood house. Young thieves armed with knives did lock pick the front door and was entering the house while I was in the living room. No violence involved. As soon as I was seeing them, I was chasing them outside by asking them to get out. I was closing the door behind them and locking back the door but they were staying in front of the house and kept reopening the door and entering the house. It was basically a stupid game of cat and mouses.

This seems like a dream rich of symbols but its meaning escape my comprehension in relation with UMS...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-02-2021

I just received a $8K check in the mail... This is not plain luck... My grand father gave me few bluechip company shares when I was a young child. He must have given me the shares when I was 5 or so...

The dividends were reinvested and over the years, the initial 10 shares became 150 something shares...

In the old world, I would have kept those for at least until my retirement but right now, I am not feeling the current state of the economy...

If the elite wants a great reset, inevitably, they will first need a great crash... I am not trusting the old financial markets anymore regulated by governments... and I have decided to take out all my balls from the game to move all my capital into decentralized cryptos...

This is a move that I have been thinking doing during last summer and I have finally taken action in that direction around mid September (I was probably in stage 1)... The fruit of that action has been collected today!

Ok tonight, this is true... Tomorrow, my margin trading feature will be completed... There only remains a well understood required change to complete...

A very interesting side-effect of that longer than usual dev cycle, it is that it did stop me from upgrading my server. It must be one of its longest streak... I have started the server on October 19 and it has been running non-stop since then... I'm quite happy about this fact as it means that it has reach a very serious level of stability and robustness...

Yes... I have a good feeling about stage 3...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-04-2021

Stage 3, day 4:

Yesterday, I did progress further toward completion...

2 small remaining trivial tasks to complete... I should be done today but I need to take a small break this morning to take care of unrelated tasks that I have neglected to do and that were due by the end of October...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-05-2021

Stage 3, day 5:

Finally my side tasks backlog did keep me busy almost all day but I am done taking care of them and I have almost not worked on the margin feature completion.

I did today. I had a rough workout this morning that I have exhausted a lot my energy but still I have managed to make progress.

Of the remaining 2 small tasks, I must be 75-80% complete. If I was determined, I guess that I could work late tonight and complete it but I'm unsure if it is wise to do install a major server upgrade just before going to bed.

I could wake up with a nice surprise but I could also wake up with a bad one... Despite being eager to see the new feature in action, I think that it is wiser to wait tomorrow morning to install it...

but hey... Finally... I'm almost done... This is a feature that I did imagine in fall 2020 a little bit more than a year ago... It took some time from the idea to reality but finally with a lot of perseverance it is there...

I'm crossing my finger that it will make a nice difference in my system performance. it should...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-13-2021

Stage 3, day 13:

I have not updated this journal for a week and I'll explain why. During the last week, I lost my focus.

I finally did complete margin trading feature last week-end but I haven't deployed it. Upon completion, I wanted to reward myself by allowing myself to improve a spot in the code by using the C++ Move semantics. That spot is by far critical and very cold therefore, it doesn't matter much whether I am moving or copying data. The appeal of that task was to invest a small amount of time perfecting my knowledge.

So I took out a book that I have purchased over a year ago dedicated to the Move semantics topic and in the book preface, the autor announce that he is using C++11 uniform initialization throughout the text and provide a bulletpoints list of the benefits of doing so... It is funny how on the first read, I didn't caught this detail and this caught my interest this time. On reading that, I have been convinced that modernizing my code base by using uniform initialization would be a good thing.

oh boy, I didn't suspect into what kind of commitment I was entering in... It is essentially putting your finger in a set of gears and ending up losing your whole arm in terms of time. This has been essentially a monk task that has been painfully boring and tedious to modernize the whole codebase. It is not first time that I adopt a new guideline/practice and update the whole codebase but it has been a while since the last time that I did it. The thing is that the more the code base grows, the more tedious it is to review and adapt the whole thing...

It took me the whole week. Was the effort worth it? I am mitigated about this question... Yes, the whole endeavor did allow me to spot very small glitches but that was certainly not worth a full week of work... I don't know how I did end up falling in this pitfall... Maybe some part of my subconscious mind did take over my focus to make me focus on something unimportant but what I know is that after a day of doing this... I couldn't leave the task uncompleted. The idea of leaving the mordernizing task uncompleted was annoying me in a deep way...

That being said, I did update the server last week-end with all the bug fixes that I did bake in since mid-October (without margin trading activated). All those changes have been tested in during the last week that has been very busy in trading activity. The big BTC/ETH pump did trigger my system a lot...

On one day, I made a nice profit with over 150 trades but the outcome got spoiled by the exchange that did misbehave in a new way that it has never done before. The unexpected situation did highlight a major flaw in my system and did make my system enter several bad trades that made me lost about $100.

The problem comes from the fact that I use 50 connections to receive the market data in a parallel manner. One assumption that my system made was that all connections were either up or down. I ended up with 5-10 connections having a hard time staying connected. So the system ended up detecting trading opportunity except that it was using some data that was stall for a minute or 2...

I have removed this multi connection system to replace it by a single connection for all my data. It is not optimal but I'll need to endure this way until I address this new problem...

I'm not sure if I'll tackle this new problem first or if I'll deploy the margin trading first...

I'll conclude by saying that I might have made few bad decisions last week but what is done is done... I'll focus on the present and the future to thrive with success soon...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-14-2021

Stage 3, day 14:

server has just been upgrades with the unfamous margin trading feature... Lets see what happens with it...

In the meantime, I'll tackle the multi-connections issue that I have described in the previous entry...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-15-2021

Stage 3, day 15:

I have addressed the multi connection problem with a fix and I got my first crash from the new margin trading code which I have corrected too.

Today was a good productive day!

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-16-2021

Stage 3, day 16:

I am hunting a new bug that did show its ugly face during the last run... It is close to be resolved now

Automated margin trading feature got triggered this morning... It didn't work as intended. The margin position did remain open instead of being closed very rapidly. The funny thing is that when I have found out the issue, the open position luckily was a winner. I did close the position manually and make a small $10 profit...

Things are moving in the right direction. I am very happy of the current state...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-17-2021

Stage 3, day 17:

I have fixed the latest bug found yesterday. The deployed fix was wrong... I rework the fix one more time...

I have corrected few errors inside the margin trading code. I should be ready to give it a second go pretty soon...

Despite that the running server contains few imperfection, it didn't stop it to make a lot of profits tonight.

In the span of 15 seconds, the system did generate about $1000 of profit. Current monthly trading volume went from $150K to over $250k in about an hour... That was really exciting... At first, I thought that I was dreaming... but no the system got an amazing run tonight...

If that was not already fantastic enough... This afternoon, the ugly disconnection issue did return but with the added logs, I am about to crack this mystery as well...

Fantastic day today!

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 11-19-2021

Stage 3, day 19:

The nice profit that I have made the other night did give me new energy and motivation to push forward the trading project... I have retrieved my clear ideas, my genius mind, my productivity fluidity... I really enjoy this state of mind...

Unfortunately, the new margin trading feature, despite that it should theoretically increase the amount of trading opportunities available to the system did not make a significant change in the amount of trading activity since when I did reactivate it (after the big profit evening)...

No new trades since the victorious evening 2 days ago...

I am coming back to a long time realization. My system is too slow. If I look at the stats from the big profit day... It got about 45% of the detected opportunities. So on days with hundreds of opportunities, it can generate a decent income from that...

but like in the last 2 days. If the number of opportunities is below 10... It is possible that I make no trading at all...

On the bright side, It shouldn't take that much improvements. Just enough to shave few hundreds of microseconds from my system reaction time and it could make a big difference in its performance...

I have few ideas on where to investigate to maybe make some performance improvements...

I feel that I might be drifting a little bit... Despite what I just wrote above. This isn't on what I have been working in the last 2 days... Well I work on something that might help the reaction time but this isn't the #1 most obvious one...

I guess that I am following my intuition... Or I listen to the subconscious part that is trying to slow me down reaching UMS...