Subliminal Talk
lano1106 UMSv2 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: lano1106 UMSv2 (/Thread-lano1106-UMSv2)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 05-05-2023

Cycle 4, stage 4 (month 2), day 5:

I did receive new trading books from Amazon... If there is a change in this cycle that is significant is that I place my focus on books that are more susceptible to help me accomplishing my goal.

My goto default choice has always been to pick programming books. Sure, I still learn from those books but increasing my knowledge in that expertise field will not change much my results for my trading system...
However, reading more books about trading is giving me new knowledge and new ideas that are immediately applicable to assist me reaching success...

It also shows in the area that I am focusing when working on my system. I now add new trading ideas instead of improving the software architecture/framework/piping...

I guess that building the framework was a necessary step on which I am now able to use to express my trading ideas...

Concerning my reading choices, it seems a so obvious thing to do that it is mystery why I have waited so long before doing it...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 05-07-2023

Cycle 4, stage 4 (month 2), day 7:

Yesterday, I was pursuing an idea that I had... I have too many ideas right now... Seeing that the one that I was pursuing was far from being trivial and its application possibly limited compared to the amount of effort it requires to bring to completion, I have decided to put this dev on hold for now.

I have shifted my focus on a smaller task that can make a much bigger difference faster... So this is what I am focusing on.

Both tasks, the one that I was working on yesterday and the new task that I have started today both involve something that I hate doing where I find myself doing it at a snail pace... I am slowly overcoming this unpleasant but necessary experience... I am finding out that the one that I am doing today is going smoother than the one that I have been doing yesterday... I feel like if I was keeping doing this type of work, I would eventually get rid of my negative feeling toward it...

Everything was going fine until the exchange went into maintenance mode and it did trigger a new bug into my code.... I took an extra 1-2h to investigate and correct the problem...
I am looking forward my client going through a maintenance period, survive and exit the maintenance by returning into a 100% sane state...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 05-09-2023

Cycle 4, stage 4 (month 2), day 8:

I have completed all the required infrastructure to implement a new trading system component in my system. It has been more complicated than I hope but I have finally completed writing this part...

I was about to take over the remaining tasks to bring this project to completion only to find out my server misbehaving. I have just found out the issue. An Internal General error coming from the exchange in a new situation never seen before by my client... It is fascinating the number of different ways that things can go wrong...

I try to figure out how my journal is perceived by others... Talking about fixing bugs constantly may give the impression that I am lousy dev... far from it. Creating a trading client is possibly the hardest task that I have never tackle before... I have basically played to a Wack-A-Mole game for essentially 2-3 years...

As an interesting sidenote, my legacy market making model is making more profits than usual... If the past is indicative to what is to come... Such observation did always precede some big market major move... as if big investors were more sloppy in their trading because they are in a hurry to reach their position...

It is going to be interesting to look back at this entry a week from now...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 05-11-2023

Cycle 4, stage 4 (month 2), day 11:

micro trading is on the verge of becoming possible again. Last time it did happen was exactly 1 year ago... A major breakthrough coinciding exactly with my birthday has led to my trading volume to go to the moon in the 7 digits kingdom... The only thing missing for micro trading to start again is simply making my trading volume reach the first trading fee discount milestone. With the improvements that I am currently working on, I feel like it could happen in the next few days.

Market making model still more active than usual... The week is not over yet but the major market move that I kinda predicted failed to actually happen. Maybe this is a good thing.

Yesterday, I made a very tedious move to incorporate the use of my new indicator into my first arbitrage model. In theory, it should be more precise and could let the system consider more trades than it was considering before. In practice this did not change nothing... yet...

Today, I did continue working of my latest improvement idea. It did progress and is almost done. I wish the work would have been faster but at least, it is moving in the right direction.

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 05-15-2023

Cycle 4, stage 4 (month 2), day 15:

In the last 2 days, I have been swarmed by bugs...

the system and its GUI are breaking left and right.... Most of the bugs are due to recent dev...

I know this is a necessary evil... but I am still annoyed by the amount... I am not sure if there is any meaning to these occurences all happening at once...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 05-17-2023

Cycle 4, stage 4 (month 2), day 17:

Yesterday was a good productive day. I have moved forward the current feature dev... This is a big feature... It kinda feel overwhelming because it is so big... but I work on it one small chunk at a time and before I know it, the whole thing will eventually be completed....

Beside this progress, I got interrupted by a new bug... I have not being annoyed by it because out of a full day, I may have spent maximum half an hour fixing it.
This morning, another new bug did appear. Again, it is a legitimate one... It has been introduced some time ago but in code rarely used that it took weeks before it appears...

Hopefully, it should not take too much time to fix it and after, I should be good to focus in my main task...

Update:
This is getting ridiculous... I have almost not make any progress on my new feature task... The described bug took me pretty much the whole to figure out and when I have been done with it, a new bug did appear...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 05-21-2023

Cycle 4, stage 4 (month 2), day 21:

I continue to implement my ideas...
I have discovered and squashed a naughty bug that kept nagging me in the last 2 days...

Almost done... Hopefully, I'll be able to make the first test run later today... I am working very hard to make this happen...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 05-24-2023

Cycle 4, stage 4 (month 2), day 24:

I am on the verge of trying out the promising new feature. First test run yesterday did not went well. It made a spectacular crash...

I have nailed down the original cause and it is easy to fix but its unexpected result did also create unusual conditions that did trigger at least 2 other bugs...

The side effect bugs are as interesting as the initial one... I am planning a second run later this moring...

update:
new feature execution went a bit farther during test run 2... It did stumble into a bug that I thought having fixed not so long ago... I just did not test the fix and it was not solving the problem...
I think this time, I did eliminate that one for good at last...

test run 3 is about to start...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 05-24-2023

test run #3 have started to come in...

they are not bad but not great neither but I see the potential in the system...

some fine tuning will be needed for sure but I got this amazing takeaway...

The final solution will very certainly be very simple... I have spent more time trying out systems taken from books only to discover that they do not work very well. As I am testing the system, I am peeling out layer after layer...

I guess that this is a mandatory process in order to capture the essence of what is important...

A lot of books contains a lot of BS but it is well presented that these ideas sounds good on paper but in practice, it is a different story...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 05-25-2023

Cycle 4, stage 4 (month 2), day 25:

A big feature that was heavy on my shoulder has finally been completed few minutes ago...
I still have few tweaks to do and the objective for today is to launch test run #4 later today...

I have a good feeling for it...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 05-26-2023

Cycle 4, stage 4 (month 2), day 26:

big day yesterday... I have completed major changes in the current big feature... As I was working on this, a weird bug did pop out in the running server...

I had a hard time to figure out what was the problem but I have finally found it.... It would have been so easy to put things on hold and go to bed but I felt a feeling of urgency to finish ASAP and put back the server online... I was maybe expecting a very volatile day in the markets because of the debt ceiling drama...

This morning, I have found a bug that did occur during the night... I had no time to figure it out before going to a breakfast date that I had with a tinder woman...

it did turn out to NOT work out between the girl and me. She did turned me down after the date by texting me that she did not felt the required sparks to pursue the idea of having fun. She was maybe an inch taller than me...Under SM3, that would not be a concern at all but lately I have met taller girls for which this was an issue for them....
This is a common occurence in my last few dates... I think that Ive scored 1 times out of five and there has been not repeat... I am very far from the results that I was getting when I was on SM3...

I suspect that with my obsession with accomplishing UMS goal, I may be projecting some weird aura that basically act as a vagina dryer...

I plan to run some sort of sexual related program to indulge me some relief as soon as I succeed reaching an important milestone in my financial freedom quest...

which could happen soon, I feel...

when I came back from my date, I looked into the bug. In fact, there was 2. I did fix both and I have relaunched the system. More or less that same issue did occur... I did not fully fix the issue in my previous attempt. I rework the fix and I have just relaunched the system...

wow, the last 2 days have been very productive... The expected volatility did not show up finally today... Not only there was no crazy volatility, the markets were pretty much flat.. As if a lot people were observing the markets on the side...

Bottomline, idk if my latest feature is a success or not. It is as if I had a very nice kate but I could not adequately play with it because of a lack of wind....

looking forward the next market storm... my system is ready to welcome it!

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - Ampersnd - 05-26-2023

Consider this as a perspective.
It's possible that your strong focus on your coding is making you more detail-oriented in conversation, which leads in missing out on the more intriguing, mysterious, sensual stuff.
The thing is that developing that side of conversational requires a new approach and perspective.

There's a YouTube creator named TyKwonDoe who discusses "going deep, not wide". Have a look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQsGf7D6h0o

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 05-27-2023

Ampersnd, I went see the video that you shared.... the guy has excellent mojo... without maybe be as smooth as he is, I would think that I tend toward deep more than wide...

back when there was a lot of guys that were sharing their DMSI here to the point that the forum was looking like a pickup forum... Mode 1 was very popular... I got sucked by this philosophy and this has drastically changed the way that I am communicating with others... I was running OF at the same time... That was the perfect mix...

TBH, I really feel that the issue is energetic... My current head space is apparently not optimal for seduction... but hey, I am not seeing this as a problem... I have zero attachement to the outcome. It is simply an observation that I am making on the results that I am getting...

The fix is simple... more fullfilling social life less focus on my project... (and maybe some social/seduction sub in bkg)... but I am not going to do it right away... as I cannot pursue several rabbits all at once...

I am going to stubbornly reach UMS goal first... then, I'll see what I address next...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 05-29-2023

Cycle 4, stage 4 (month 2), day 29:

I have completed another trading system yesterday very late at night. I had the very good idea to wait this morning before launching this new version. This is possibly the best decision of the week.

There was nasty bugs in the initial version... It could have wiped out my account balance if I did let it run unattended...

After 2 iteration of bug fixes, I think that things are going to run better!