Subliminal Talk
lano1106 UMSv2 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: lano1106 UMSv2 (/Thread-lano1106-UMSv2)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 09-07-2021

Stage 1, day 6:

This morning, the crypto markets did experience huge volatility. My trading system loves that. It made about 230 trades. It has been a while since the last time it has been that active. It was fun...

Not a perfect run though... Some funds ended up unexpectedly in intermediary balances. I'm not sure that I feel like digging through the logs to figure out how this did happen but I have saved the log file if I end up wanting to check it out (knowing myself, I know that I will)

For one thing, a bug that I thought was fixed did show its ugly head during this superb run and it made my server crash.

Also, I'm almost done with a medium size refactoring project that has the potential to improve the system reaction time...

I should be in position to perform a significant server upgrade soon...

On the personal level, I'm in a bad cycle. Ex-sister in law, 51 years old, passed away Sunday. The sum of all the shitty events of last week-end puts me, understandably, in a mental fog state. It is very hard to focus and mental clarity of what I am working...

It requires a lot of will to keep going in the current situation but I want to make things happen, so I continue working.

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - KingDavid93 - 09-07-2021

@lano1106

Hi how are you,

Out of curiosity- did you build your trading system from scratch, or was it one that requires a monthly fee and you program it how you wish or upload pre made strategies onto it?

And do you focus primarily on stocks, crypto or all of the above?

I’m interested in getting more involved with automated trading bots (primarily crypto) myself and have been looking at finnly, haas, 3 commas and crypto hopper

I built it mostly from scratch. Roughly 100,000 lines of C++ code. I strictly do crypto.

cheers

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - KingDavid93 - 09-07-2021

Thanks for the quick reply

Do you have any idea how much it would cost for me to hire someone to make a bot for me from scratch?

And if you don’t mind me asking what are your set goals with it- meaning are you aiming for a certain minimum profit per day, per trade, etc or a certain # of overall trades or is it certain triggers that you have setup and as long as things line up it could be 1 trade per day or a 1000?

he he... good luck with hiring a dev to build you a bot... I suspect that this won't be cheap.

This is accessible for me because I am a pro dev and I work on my project pro bono.

Consider that I did work for a year and a half fulltime on it and I was commanding $100K+ annual salary when I was an employee...

but I guess that new hedge funds do just that. They have a multi-millions startup budget and they hire a dev team to build them a system.

For your second question, if the system would generate a daily $1K income, that would be a start. Once I am getting close to that goal, I guess that I would find ways to raise the bar...

If you can retrieve my BASE journal, I do remember that I did set some wild goal such as becoming a billionaire by acquiring bitcoins in the first few entries of that journal. I divided the required number of bitcoins to become a billionaire then I divided that number by the number of days in a 5 years period....

I don't remember the result of that calculation but your question triggers my curiosity. I'll go see myself what I did wrote some 1 year and half ago about that topic...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 09-10-2021

After having spent the last 3 days to analyze the logs generated by the system activity spike last Tuesday, I have figured out that there was no glitch in the execution explaining the intermediary currency balances.

I only need to address the low level buffer leak that leads the program abort due to the absence of free buffers after a certain time... I wish that I could have come faster to this conclusion than spending 3 days on that...

The result of this investigation is the fix of a very small glitch and the confidence that most of the code is working fine...

I failed to reach to the goal of implementing the new feature that I have been talking about that could substantially increase the generated income of the system.... I got distracted by the activity burst and the glitches it generated.

I guess that this is a high quality problem. Every time that my system is triggered, this is basically testing its functionality.

Another shitty distraction. The system library liburing got upgraded from version 2.0 and 2.1... This upgrade is breaking my application... I'll need to investigate what is causing this... That is the type of thing that I wish would not happen in a perfect world...

Those were the challenges that I did encounter during the week. In terms of money increase since I have started UMS:

1. Despite the market correction earlier this week, my crypto investment value did increase by 40% in the last 30 days...
2. My trading system got very busy this week. Most days were positive. Not the klondike... Few dollars of profit every days... But my trading volume did increase by about $30,000 this week only...
3. I am converting more of my wealth into crypto. I was using local exchange that offer instantaneous funding options. The problem is that the faster the option is, the more expensive it is... In my first transfer this week, I did realize that I was charged 7.50% fee which is outrageously high... I got the idea to look around and I have found an exchange that offer 0% funding fee + 2.5% trading fee which is overall much cheaper. On top of that, they have a $30 welcome bonus if you trade over $100 with them... Actually, I have found 2 exchanges where they have similar welcome bonuses... I am about to get $50 worth of free crypto by opening new accounts on 2 different exchanges... This could be UMS that I have made me see this opportunity.
4. A less optimal usage of my time, I went through the process of claiming a rebate on a contact lens purchase. I was only few days from losing the option to make the claim as they were giving 60 days from the date of purchase to make the claim. The claim process was complicated. I had to take picture of the invoice. Take picture of the lens boxes... Verify my email... Fill in forms. I didn't know upfront how much was the rebate. All in all, it must have taken about 30 minutes of my time for $40...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 09-15-2021

Stage 1, day 15:

After 3-4 days of hunting the last nasty low-level bug, I have finally found it...

This is a major unblock in my projects. I was becoming obsessed with this bug...

I'll be able to move on with a peace of mind...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 09-20-2021

Stage 1, day 20:

I spent the last 5 days catching up all the backlog that I have accumulated while I was focusing on fixing those hard to nail last 2 bugs.

I feel like I am in excellent position now. I have deployed the latest version of my system earlier today. Now, I just have to sit back and observe the result of this enhanced and fix version.

Now that I have a solid foundation, I feel like I can use it as a robust launch pad to build the next feature that will make my system smarter.

I have even identified some possible optimization/simplification of a core inner loop. First deployment did occur while a 2x spike in update volume was happening. This made me scratch my head seeing my thread going through the newly optimized code was having a CPU usage twice as much as I was used to see it. This made me search very hard ways to improve the performance and I have found a way.

Once I did further optimize the code, I did realize that I have been mislead to think that I had a performance issue because of the update volume spike. But nonetheless any improvement in that part of the code may lead into getting trades that I was previously missing by being too slow. So any performance improvement is a good one no matter what motivated it...

I am very eager to see the system in the middle of a volatility storm and killing it flawlessly...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 09-22-2021

Stage 1, day 22:

I bought 80 DOT yesterday at $26. Today, they are worth $32...

There was some logic behind this move but there was also an impulse urge to make the move...

This turns out to have been a good move... Perhaps UMS is starting to operate its magic...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - RTBoss - 09-23-2021

(09-22-2021, 08:01 PM)lano1106 Wrote: Stage 1, day 22:

I bought 80 DOT yesterday at $26. Today, they are worth $32...

There was some logic behind this move but there was also an impulse urge to make the move...

This turns out to have been a good move... Perhaps UMS is starting to operate its magic...

Yesterday was a great red day to buy!

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 09-24-2021

Stage 1, day 24:

I have found some water that has leaked from the ceiling vent in the restroom...

that is a sure sign that I need to redo the house roof ASAP... 20 years ago, it did cost $12,000. I'm pretty sure the price has increased since then.

My finances are a wreck right now.. This unexpected essential expense isn't coming in a right time...

I'll need finance this expense...

I am running with the hope of a major and close breakthrough in my monetary success...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 09-26-2021

Stage 1, day 26:

I start to be eager to jump in stage 2... Besides few ah ah moments, I feel like stage 1 has given everything it could...

After few days of running the system with all the latest bells and whistles , the improvements in terms of profit have been very disappointing...

The trading activity has been very low in the last few days...

but I am not giving up... the integration of margin trading into my arbitrage strategy is advancing well. As an extra bonus, as I go, I discover new opportunities for polishing/improving more the existing code.

Therefore, the next release is going to be exciting again... There is not other possible outcome than success... it is only a matter of persevering through difficulties and disappointments.

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 09-27-2021

Stage 1, day 27:

Today is difficult. Since last friday, I feel tired and thus make it very hard to focus on the work and be productive... Idk what is going on... I'm almost done finishing my next trade system feature that could be a game changer... I should feel enthusiast and motivated but instead I feel like I am drifting...

The tiredness almost feeling depressed feeling is similar to what I feel when I initiate a new program or a new stage... Yet I am toward the end of the first stage...

If I were to guess what is happening, I would either say that it is Stage 2 TID or because I am so close to success there is a part of my subconscious that is resisting as hard as it can to stop me from succeeding...

This is where a strong will can make a difference... No matter how hard it is to complete the current task, I will... There is no other possible outcome...

RE: lano1106 UMSv2 - lano1106 - 09-28-2021

Stage 1, day 28:

Last night I made a nightmare. I cannot share the details because it has a religious flavor but it was horrible and I don't feel like it was in relation to UMS.

It must be years since I made such dream that is affecting me that much... It is a very rare occurence for me.