Subliminal Talk
Back after a long break - Overcoming Fear - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Back after a long break - Overcoming Fear (/Thread-Back-after-a-long-break-Overcoming-Fear)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Back after a long break - Overcoming Fear - Shannon - 06-08-2021

Well, listening during the day potentially involves the conscious mind more during and shortly after listening, and listening at night sometimes makes sleeping harder to do for some people. But neither one is really "better", it's all going to come out in the wash. So listen when you find it most convenient. It is best to listen at the same time every day, however.

RE: Back after a long break - Overcoming Fear - djl4 - 06-22-2021

I took a week or two off... not on purpose necessarily.. but didn't notice.

Starting back up. I seem to notice it more if I play significantly more loops than recommended. My body is releasing a lot. I guess the question is when is too much? the 3 loops daily didn't seem to be doing much, though it may have been keeping me stable on some level.

RE: Back after a long break - Overcoming Fear - Shannon - 06-22-2021

You took a week or two off because you didn't notice? I would say that was not an accident. I would say that was subconscious sabotage and that if you did that AND you haven't noticed anything from 3 loops daily, then your subconscious is using multiple different sabotage techniques to prevent you from achieving your goal.

I suggest you set a daily alarm so you don't miss any more, because with those little clues you have given us, I know the program is working, or your subconscious wouldn't be trying to hide the effects and sabotage your use.

RE: Back after a long break - Overcoming Fear - djl4 - 06-22-2021

Yea I'm not saying it doesn't work. 

But it did feel like I got "bored" of 3 loops? Idk, you may call that sabotage, and you may be correct. 

so, I'm playing it again and doing whatever feels right (which at the moment is more). If it feels too much I'll reduce. 

I'm aware I reset my refund eligibility but that's not a concern for me, I just would like it to help. I definitely got very noticeable results during the first month -- But I was also playing it probably 6 loops a day at that time.

RE: Back after a long break - Overcoming Fear - Jake2015 - 06-25-2021

(06-22-2021, 11:17 AM)djl4 Wrote: Yea I'm not saying it doesn't work. 

But it did feel like I got "bored" of 3 loops? Idk, you may call that sabotage, and you may be correct. 

so, I'm playing it again and doing whatever feels right (which at the moment is more). If it feels too much I'll reduce. 

I'm aware I reset my refund eligibility but that's not a concern for me, I just would like it to help. I definitely got very noticeable results during the first month -- But I was also playing it probably 6 loops a day at that time.

Definately sabotage if you stopped and got bored of it. Just hit play and leave it. 1 loop is easy, 2 is easy 3 is easy too, especially if playing at night mate. The fact its working for you in that its hitting those fears is epic so keep going!!! Good Luck!

RE: Back after a long break - Overcoming Fear - djl4 - 07-17-2021

I think you guys were right. More time passed without doing the sub (left for a week and didn't take it with me) But --- Notably, while gone I meditated up to 3-4 hours a day for 5 days. I came back to the city today, Listened to one loop before work.

And my experience shifted drastically. Back to longer sustained eye contact with women, feeling of invincibility, extreme calm in very hectic places, non-neediness, getting checked out, not being afraid of other men, better attitude at work, body more relaxed, etc.

Now don't get me wrong, I didn't boldly approach any women or anything. But I felt the way I want to feel (which includes starting to feel the possibility of the latter), which to me is 90% of it. I'm looking for a high-quality girlfriend, and to have a better life, not to become a player. So this seems to set me on a good path. Basically, I felt extremely "Alpha" -- Because I was unafraid, and unconcerned. These are the kind of results I'm seeking. Very ironically, they come from letting go of needing results (haha). Now I do think a lot of this was from the meditation, however the loop definitely did something major as far as setting me on a particular path of experience. I think in becoming that present, the program can act super powerfully.

Going to keep going with this path (meditation + sub + aiming for NOFAP) and I may switch over to OFv3 if I make a little extra money. Would you say the journals indicates it's definitely more effective than v2 at this point?

RE: Back after a long break - Overcoming Fear - djl4 - 07-19-2021

So, inspired by that experience (of seeing what simply one loop can do - especially if other factors are permitting), I'm going to indeed switch to OFv3

It's partially just due to the fact that I think I'll have an easier time listening less. I mostly prefer listening while awake, and with this version, I was either underdoing (due to time constraints) or overdoing (due to leaving it on loop all night), I had trouble with the instructions. I have developed a bit of humility about following Shannon's instructions. I.e. Optimal listening time (good effortless results) vs. as much as possible (feeling utterly fried).

Now, I very may well have issues with instructions again.. So I will keep a journal for OFv3 simply as to be rigorous as I can.. to keep a track log--- and I'll share if anything interesting happens

I went to a tantric healer last night (2nd visit) and got as deeply as I ever had into fear of abandonment and abuse stuff. Cried a lot. It does make me wonder if my results on this will be limited by extreme trauma.. But I don't want to be too self-limiting OR too idealistic either. If it helps, it helps. In my daily life, fear is without a doubt the biggest limiter bar none. I will meanwhile continue to work on the grief, shame, anger, etc as it comes up naturally / w practitioners.