Subliminal Talk
[Request] Stop Stuttering - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Title Requests & Suggestions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Title-Requests-Suggestions)
+--- Thread: [Request] Stop Stuttering (/Thread-Request-Stop-Stuttering)

Stop Stuttering - London1 - 03-02-2021

I really would like to see an updated stop stuttering.
/speech sub.

Living with stuttering is one of the worst if not the worst.

RE: Stop Stuttering - tolgaocal80 - 03-02-2021

I used to stuttering, espiecially when explaning something, I used AM, a few times, stuttering gone for me.

the main reason for stuttering probably emotinal baggage and low-self esteem, self-respect and fear of critism
OF. E4. etc. should help

RE: Stop Stuttering - Shannon - 03-02-2021

Stuttering, as far as I have been able to determine, is always a reaction to some sort of fear. So it would be OF you want. I'm not sure if or when an update to Stop Stuttering will happen, although I suspect it will, but perhaos not sooner than later. Fortunately, OF should handle this just fine.

LTU would also work, although it would probably take longer, but it would be a much more whole person approach.

RE: Stop Stuttering - London1 - 03-02-2021

(03-02-2021, 10:12 AM)Shannon Wrote: Stuttering, as far as I have been able to determine, is always a reaction to some sort of fear.  So it would be OF you want.  I'm not sure if or when an update to Stop Stuttering will happen, although I suspect it will, but perhaos not sooner than later.  Fortunately, OF should handle this just fine.

LTU would also work, although it would probably take longer, but it would be a much more whole person approach.

There is this stuttering teacher online that believes that speech is a skill and says that stuttering is basically under developed speaking skills/lack of muscle memory of speech organs, not really a direct result of fear or emotional issues.
They say that a stutterer, at some point in their life stopped speaking (possibly DUE to fear) and thus developed stuttering due to not speaking. As for me I was really quiet growing up, I dont know about other stutterers though. So the way to overcome stuttering is to learn the 'natural way of speaking'.
I dont know how true it is
Their overcome stuttering course costs a fortune and some say its a scam/doesnt work great.

RE: Stop Stuttering - Shannon - 03-02-2021

(03-02-2021, 03:05 PM)London1 Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 10:12 AM)Shannon Wrote: Stuttering, as far as I have been able to determine, is always a reaction to some sort of fear.  So it would be OF you want.  I'm not sure if or when an update to Stop Stuttering will happen, although I suspect it will, but perhaos not sooner than later.  Fortunately, OF should handle this just fine.

There is this stuttering teacher online that believes that speech is a skill and says that stuttering is basically under developed speaking skills/lack of muscle memory of speech organs, not really a direct result of fear or emotional issues.
They say that a stutterer, at some point in their life stopped speaking (possibly DUE to fear) and thus developed stuttering due to not speaking. As for me I was really quiet growing up, I dont know about other stutterers though. So the way to overcome stuttering is to learn the 'natural way of speaking'.
I dont know how true it is
Their overcome stuttering course costs a fortune and some say its a scam/doesnt work great.

Probably because it's based on an incorrect belief.  Every case of stuttering I have ever encountered was traceable back to fear in one way or another.  I'll be glad to change my point of view when and if I see real evidence otherwise, but so far I have not seen anything that would make me think anything different.

RE: Stop Stuttering - MagicalAlchemist - 03-02-2021

I have stuttering issues when im feeling "not confident" or "low self esteem" at that moment. not only when speaking but my body language also (become stiffer and awkward). I was surprised because I didn't have any growth disorders or anything like that. I suspect this is due to bullying during the my golden age (5 years old) by teachers and students. This trauma carried over to my adulthood without me knowing it.

RE: Stop Stuttering - fab10 - 03-03-2021

It sounds more and more like OF is the way to go.