Subliminal Talk
Payment with Bitcoin - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Forum, Website & Shopping (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Forum-Website-Shopping)
+--- Thread: Payment with Bitcoin (/Thread-Payment-with-Bitcoin)

Payment with Bitcoin - AriGold - 02-08-2021

What about offering the payment option "bitcoin"?
I'm sure it will be a bit complicated but I'm sure it is worth it in the long run...

RE: Payment with Bitcoin - tolgaocal80 - 02-08-2021

well, still have to use only paypal rather than credit card, or g-pay or apple-pay
, bitcoin wouldn't be more futuristic?

RE: Payment with Bitcoin - Shannon - 02-08-2021

In the not too distant future, we'll be making some significant improvements that will allow us to do cryptocurrencies. The question is, will it be a good idea. We have to look at the whole picture to determine that, but it seems a reasonable course of action so far. If we determine that we can do it safely, it may just happen.

RE: Payment with Bitcoin - Zane - 02-09-2021

Use "Bitpay" ... Customer makes payments in Bitcoin and you get them converted in to US dollars instantly.

RE: Payment with Bitcoin - AriGold - 02-09-2021

The goal would be that Shannon is then invested in Bitcoin more easy in that way and can enjoy the increasing value.

RE: Payment with Bitcoin - RTBoss - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 08:09 AM)AriGold Wrote: The goal would be that Shannon is then invested in Bitcoin more easy in that way and can enjoy the increasing value.

Of course, BTC is volatile, and isn't guaranteed to always go up.  If a customer purchases a title when BTC is $45,000, and then the price of BTC drops to $20k again...not a good deal for him, unless he long-term holds and it goes back up or makes new highs.

RE: Payment with Bitcoin - Shannon - 02-09-2021

We use our income to run the store and pay bills. Investing isn't the goal. I would love to have enough sales again to have money free to start "investing" in things like more advertising, developing new software, experimental and build options, etc. but the customers are the source of that, and lately, no matter what I do it's the core group keeping us afloat. Which I am very, very grateful for, but the time is not right for moving to cryptos as an option. That is under consideration for the future, and there are things like security and volatility to consider.

RE: Payment with Bitcoin - fab10 - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 07:18 AM)Zane Wrote: Use "Bitpay" ... Customer makes payments in Bitcoin and you get them converted in to US dollars instantly.

^ that. Like PayPal but it works. I would definitely pay every purchase in bitcoins.

RE: Payment with Bitcoin - fab10 - 03-30-2021

“PayPal has rolled out a new service which introduces cryptocurrencies as a form of payment and enables US buyers to use their crypto holdings to pay for goods with millions of online merchants.

The online payments giant has added a new ‘Checkout with Crypto’ feature, which is set to become available for US users from Tuesday. The service will allow those holding bitcoin, ethereum, bitcoin cash, and litecoin in their wallets to convert their tokens into US dollars or other fiat currencies while making purchases, with no additional transaction fees.”

Apparently U.S. only, sadly, but still, for some, IML subs are now available for bitcoins!

RE: Payment with Bitcoin - Shannon - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 08:46 AM)fab10 Wrote: “PayPal has rolled out a new service which introduces cryptocurrencies as a form of payment and enables US buyers to use their crypto holdings to pay for goods with millions of online merchants.

The online payments giant has added a new ‘Checkout with Crypto’ feature, which is set to become available for US users from Tuesday. The service will allow those holding bitcoin, ethereum, bitcoin cash, and litecoin in their wallets to convert their tokens into US dollars or other fiat currencies while making purchases, with no additional transaction fees.”

Apparently U.S. only, sadly, but still, for some, IML subs are now available for bitcoins!

I'm hoping at some point in the future to be able to accept certain cryptocurrencies directly.  There are various things to consider (taxes, etc.) but we're considering the options.

RE: Payment with Bitcoin - SexyMofo - 05-11-2021

(02-09-2021, 08:39 AM)RTBoss Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 08:09 AM)AriGold Wrote: The goal would be that Shannon is then invested in Bitcoin more easy in that way and can enjoy the increasing value.

Of course, BTC is volatile, and isn't guaranteed to always go up.  If a customer purchases a title when BTC is $45,000, and then the price of BTC drops to $20k again...not a good deal for him, unless he long-term holds and it goes back up or makes new highs.

There are software add ons that can fix that. auto-conversion of the cryptocurrency being paid.

RE: Payment with Bitcoin - SexyMofo - 05-11-2021

(02-09-2021, 07:18 AM)Zane Wrote: Use "Bitpay" ... Customer makes payments in Bitcoin and you get them converted in to US dollars instantly.

You're right Zane. BitPay is one of them auto-convert add-ons