Subliminal Talk
Getting started with MLS - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Getting started with MLS (/Thread-Getting-started-with-MLS)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Getting started with MLS - fab10 - 01-05-2021

Quote:will start a little experiment and do 4 loops on on-days and 1 loop on off-days, lets see what happens after a week.
I think it might be better to skip one day off altogether and have some days off untouched (maybe 2 days on, one off). I don’t think 1 loop makes sense.

RE: Getting started with MLS - MegaMan - 01-06-2021

(01-05-2021, 10:40 AM)fab10 Wrote:
Quote:will start a little experiment and do 4 loops on on-days and 1 loop on off-days, lets see what happens after a week.
I think it might be better to skip one day off altogether and have some days off untouched (maybe 2 days on, one off). I don’t think 1 loop makes sense.

Thanks for your input fab10. I don't know about the effectiveness of 1 loop but my goal with this is to increase my exposure while avoiding "too much" exposure.
As I read in other journals too much exposure can result in headaches or higher resistance. So maybe I will try your approach, but I am concerned about over-exposure.

Another reason for the 1 loop on off-days approach is that my personality tends to be avoiding challenging/uncomfortable things, so if this extends to my subconscious I can very well imagine that it takes the off days to get away from MLS. Like "lalalalala it's not here anymore everything's good. I don't need to change lalalaaa" maybe this gives some more context and meaning to my little experiment  Big Grin

RE: Getting started with MLS - MegaMan - 01-12-2021

Month 2, Day 12 (Total Day 38)

I have been on the adjusted schedule of 4 loops and 1 loop for 11 days now and it has yielded good results. This may be also due to the delayed effects of the recommended schedule that I did for one month but it excites me nonetheless.

Results:
-the concept of memory palace suddenly popped into my mind again and I have used this to learn faster. This helps me especially well because I often think visually and if I can link spatial objects that have a visual representation to knowledge it becomes easier to remember.
-adjusted my sleeping schedule unplanned, just got up earlier and sleeping on time was easy
-clearness of mind, reality seems to be more vibrant and I feel more in-the-moment. Comparable to the feeling right after a cold shower
-ability to focus increased

Usually, I get my loops in via my wireless PC headset once I did it via speakers and then I felt a sense of pressure during the loop. So my initial conclusion from the first results, that my wireless headset is adequate for the subs may not hold up, because I did not feel this during my regular loops with the headset. As a result, I will start doing the loops with wired headphones for the next experiment. I am targeting the same timeframe for that, about 2 weeks.

Furthermore, the reporting style of this journal will be that I chime in on a given day and give an update on everything that happened since the last post. Hope that will make it a more interesting read.

RE: Getting started with MLS - MegaMan - 01-30-2021

Month 2, Day 30 (Total Day 56)

Since my last post I have been listeningt to the Ultrasonic Sub via my phone speakers and to the hybrid version using wired headphones. Schedule was 4 loops every other day and on off days 1 loop only.
Results have been coming quite consistently, if not exactly in the way I expected them to appear.

Results:
-Clearness of mind has stayed constant and feels very liberating. It is like the brainfog is just gone and life is good, as if someone finally cleaned the windows and checks them for specks regularly.
-Interest and enthusiasm for difficult mathematical topics and concepts has increased steadily. Felt immense joy from a video about Brownian Motion today and laughed about the way my prof solved an equation.
-Learning rate has been improving, but not focussed on my studies. It is more like an overall learning. I am learning about myself, my family, life and then also my studies.
-This accelerated learning of "life lessons" also started a process of forgiving others and granting myself forgiveness. I feel like there is still some stuff (probably fear) that is blocking me from realising the goals of MLS and so it nudges me to deal with it.

On some days it is not feasible for me to get my 4 loops with wired headphones, as I would not be able to talk to anyone during that time then and I need to interact in study groups etc. So the ultrasonic files see more usage than the hybrid ones lately.
For me personally the ultrasonic also achieves the sweet spot where I can still concentrate and be productive while listening without feeling drained later, while the hybrid loops occupy me more.

Lately I have been thinking about purchasing the Gen 4 Improve your grades program and to discontinue MLS for the time being because my primary objective with MLS is to improve my grades. But I think this is resistance talking and that a part of me is just grasping at straws because it is afraid I will shed it and arise anew.
So I will stay with MLS and continue self-experiments with a new one: starting today I will listen to 4 ultrasonic loops everyday.
TAKE THAT RESISTANCE! Let's see how it goes and I will report back and adjust accordingly.

RE: Getting started with MLS - Shannon - 02-01-2021

Wise choice. Smile

RE: Getting started with MLS - MegaMan - 02-04-2021

Thank you for your kind words Shannon.

RE: Getting started with MLS - MegaMan - 02-04-2021

Month 3, Day 4 (Total Day 61)

Today marks the 5th day of 4 ultrasonic loops every day. MLS has been at work dealing with my resistance and fears. Mainly fears I think. In my mind this resistance is visualized by a picture of me sitting on my childhood bed, scared and hugging a pillow close. Afraid to move and to do something wrong / be different and disliked for it.
This fear may be linked to being shunned by other kids because of being different, "weird" or "smarter". Today I could clearly see this fear in my mind.
Another fear that is being dealt with is an internal mantra or conviction of "I am not this person"  / "this is not me" when thinking about super learning or being extra smart. This fear seems not to stem from outside but rather from inside, because if I would be that person that would mean I would have to do all that extra work an extra smart person would do. First that seems like a hell of a workload and then there's also the question: what if I would fail and not achieve this workload? So my resistance is the subconcious "defensive decision" to not be super smart so I won't have to do this extra work and avoid the dangers of failing.

Furthermore I had some interesting self effects of in-the-moment feelings during the loops today. During the second loop I experienced feelings of doubt and insecurity. Also some uneasiness / stress of about 1 minute. These feelings subsided in about 15 minutes. Afterwards I was feeling normal until the first quarter of the 4th loop, there I felt intense relief and some joy, like something had given way to the Sub.

So with this last feeling of relief I hope that the next days will be going smoother and I will continue with 4 ultrasonic loops every day until further notice.

RE: Getting started with MLS - Shannon - 02-06-2021

(02-04-2021, 10:00 AM)MegaMan Wrote: Month 3, Day 4 (Total Day 61)

Today marks the 5th day of 4 ultrasonic loops every day. MLS has been at work dealing with my resistance and fears. Mainly fears I think. In my mind this resistance is visualized by a picture of me sitting on my childhood bed, scared and hugging a pillow close. Afraid to move and to do something wrong / be different and disliked for it.
This fear may be linked to being shunned by other kids because of being different, "weird" or "smarter". Today I could clearly see this fear in my mind.

That is a very clear communication from your subconscious as to what part of you is afraid to execute, and why.  I had that issue when I was growing up, being smarter than almost everyone else around me, and being "weird".  I was confused why everyone thought I was weird, until one day I realized that they don't understand me.  I'm thinking on a level they're not on, and understanding things they don't understand, and this leads me to curiosities they don't have, and learning things they don't learn, which results in perceptions, choices and actions they don't have and therefore don't understand.  I realized that it wasn't so much that I'm "weird", as I do and say things they don't understand and I have interests they don't understand.  I also realized through this that being "weird" (or being perceived by others as being "weird") isn't a bad thing; it's just a function of them not knowing how to classify me, and therefore how to respond to me.  They can't figure out what to do with me, or how to respond to me, so they classify me as "weird".

And... it is what it is, I am what I am, and I accepted myself as I am and did my own thing.  You can achieve and be your full potential and still be happy.  In fact I would be you'd be much more happy by doing so.

Quote:Another fear that is being dealt with is an internal mantra or conviction of "I am not this person"  / "this is not me" when thinking about super learning or being extra smart. This fear seems not to stem from outside but rather from inside, because if I would be that person that would mean I would have to do all that extra work an extra smart person would do. First that seems like a hell of a workload and then there's also the question: what if I would fail and not achieve this workload? So my resistance is the subconcious "defensive decision" to not be super smart so I won't have to do this extra work and avoid the dangers of failing

Extra work?  That sounds like some faulty beliefs to me.  You choose how much "work" you want to do, regardless of how smart you are.  The smartest person in the world, right now, does very little kin the way of anything.  He leads a very low key, boring life.  And beyond that, you know what failing is?  It's how you figure out how to succeed, and that means that there's no such thing as "failing" unless you give up before you have used your failures to learn how to succeed.

Just because you have a certain level of intelligence doesn't mean you're obligated to get any particular degree or do any particular type or amount of work.  I got my AA degree, and half way through my Bachelor's degree I realized that I neither need it, nor want it, nor wan the student loan debt that comes with it.  I dropped out and used this business to pay off my student loans, and then used it to fund me in doing what I really love - discovering and understanding the human mind, and how to use the human mind to make our lives better.  And had I tried to "go to college" for that, I'd have been told, "Modern science says that subliminals don't work." and I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing, or making he difference I am making in the world with my work.  I also would still be paying off student loan debt, and working a job I hate instead of doing what I love.  Instead, I'm doing what I love, learning more and more every day - my way - and making programs that make a positive difference in the world, using methods modern science and psychology largely says don't and can't work, because they're still trying to decide if subliminals work... based on someone being afraid of having their reputation or funding damaged if they open their mind to the empirical evidence, instead of parroting the status quo.

Not saying college or science is worthless, but more and more college only makes sense if you have one of a specific set of goals.  Do I want you to get all the schooling you possibly can before you do brain surgery on me, defend me legally or work on a vaccine I may be ingesting?  You bet your ass I do.  But do I think you should go to college "just because", without knowing what your end goal is, and only aiming to "get a degree that will let you get a better paying job"?  No.  There are too many of those already, and in fact so many that one now needs a Master's degree or Doctorate just to be taken seriously some of the time.  

The whole point is, intelligence does not obligate you to a specific amount of work, a specific level of collegiate education, or anything else.  Got a little wordier than I was going for there.  Smile

Quote:Furthermore I had some interesting self effects of in-the-moment feelings during the loops today. During the second loop I experienced feelings of doubt and insecurity. Also some uneasiness / stress of about 1 minute. These feelings subsided in about 15 minutes. Afterwards I was feeling normal until the first quarter of the 4th loop, there I felt intense relief and some joy, like something had given way to the Sub.

So with this last feeling of relief I hope that the next days will be going smoother and I will continue with 4 ultrasonic loops every day until further notice.

Goodto hear.

RE: Getting started with MLS - MegaMan - 02-22-2021

Thank you Shannon, that you shared a part of your story and thank you for the time you took to look at my situation. It is much appreciated. Sorry for not writing so long  Blush
The "high intelligence = high workload" thing sits pretty deep with me. It stems from some belief that everyone gets what is earned and "right". So if a highly intelligent person would be doing a moderate workload only, then his intelligence would be "wasted" and that would be "wrong". I am not yet sure what to make of this, because I intellectually know it is bonkers but it somehow still feels sane and right to me.

Month 3, Day 22 (Total Day 79)

After 13 days of continuous 4 ultrasonic loops a day I was experiencing some feelings of exhaustion and decided to take a break on Saturday, 13th of February. 

Continued with my 4 loops ultrasonic on Sunday and I think the break has done some good. In the last several days before my break, I didn't notice anything from the sub but now there are new occurrences that I attribute to MLS again.
Monday morning (start of loops) feelings of sorrow / parting way with something again. Tuesday the same with some tears. Wednesday feeling heavily overwhelmed at 45min mark of the last loop.

As a result of this experiment, I will use Saturday as an off day which puts me at a cycle of 6 days on and 1 day off. My exams will start in 2 weeks so I am thinking about maybe dropping to the recommended schedule of 1 off to 1 on for the duration of the exams. Would not want to make me brain overheat and melt  Rolleyes

During the week after my second break I notice subtle improvements focused on academic learning. E.g. improved recall and reading speed.

Overall I am near the 2/3rd mark of one full MLS cycle (3 months) and can give some preliminary feedback.
The design goal of increasing intelligence was definitely achieved while not necessarily in the expected form. For me, it was more like a general intelligence upgrade that targeted all targets of life. Academically, emotionally and mentally. Looking at the forum it might be comparable to a mini-LTU minus the manifestation and influencing others, like a mini-LTU done by improving your own attitudes and choices. Hopefully, this makes sense to you, dear reader.
Furthermore, I got a clearer understanding of fears that I have concerning intelligence and hyper-learning. And in the process so far MLS has also lessened these fears and dealt with some of them. So it is definitely working on prodding me along the path to hyper-learning and rolling the stones of resistance of said path.

Have a wonderful day
MM

RE: Getting started with MLS - RTBoss - 02-23-2021

Will you be upgrading to the latest MLS? If you weren't aware, MLS 5.75.5G was just released.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw your post in the Journal Discussion thread. You did buy it, so I'll look forward to reading your journal about that!

RE: Getting started with MLS - MegaMan - 02-24-2021

MLS 4.0 (5.75.5G) has been released and I am very happy about this.
I have taken the V3 # of days off (1) as suggested by Shannon and will be starting MLS 4.0 today.

So this marks the end for this journal I suppose.

TL;DR: MLS definitely does what is advertised. At first, it goes fast then it tangles with your resistance and picks up speed again at about the 2/3rd mark.  Learning will not be limited to school/academia, learning is life - enjoy.

Sayonara (in this thread lol)
MM