Subliminal Talk
Getting started with MLS - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Getting started with MLS (/Thread-Getting-started-with-MLS)

Pages: 1 2

Getting started with MLS - MegaMan - 12-13-2020

Hello and welcome to my MLS-5.5g journal.

This is my second subliminal from IML as I used ASC for about 2 weeks before, as a tryout. So ASC works and is amazing as a consequence I got myself MLS-5.5g.

About me:
I am 23 years old and currently beginning my master's degree in a technical field. As I am personally very fond of learning and want to do better now than in my bachelor's, MLS-5.5g was the way.

Expectations:
Increase in the desire to learn and to enjoy learning. Especially to enjoy learning definitions and more "dry" topics, as I tend to sometimes get bored during these, which gets me when I lack the basics to understand the "interesting" topics.

Decrease in procrastination and getting more done in my personal life. Pretty basic stuff here, tidy up the apartment and work on private projects more.

Usage:
I am using the hybrid FLAC version of MLS on my PC. My player is VLC and I am using wireless Headphones with audio transmission via 2.4 GHz.
As recommended by Shannon I am using MLS-5.5g for 4 Loops back-to-back every other day. When playing MLS-5.5g I'm doing my coursework, so hopefully, my subconscious will make the connection between it and the subliminal and get to work.

Btw this is my first thread on this forum so please be kind to me  Wink

RE: Getting started with MLS - MegaMan - 12-13-2020

The journey started on the 6th of December. So I am now 8 days into MLS.

So far it has been easier to concentrate with MLS playing and I enjoyed even "boring" topics more.

It's been such a help, that I kind of miss it on the days off, but so far I have adhered to the recommended procedure with one exception, more below.
It is to mention, that on the off-days it takes more effort to make myself study. Sometimes I suspect it to be like "mini-resistance", a part of me that does not want to get off its ass.

Some Users mentioned that using MLS at night is a bad idea and I got curious because ultrasonic ASC at night was quite effective. For this, I placed my phone next to my bed and played the ultrasonic MSL on about 40% volume.
During the night I dreamed about what I wanted to learn and achieve, all my plans and ambitions. In a very positive and analytical way, so this is where I want to be, this where I am. How to get from A to B? In the middle of the night, I woke with these vivid dreams fresh in memory and I only fell asleep after writing down an action plan on how to proceed.
It was almost like a part of me was saying sleep is not now, now we plan and figure this out.

So, besides that nothing extreme or extraordinary yet Big Grin

Cheers Megaman

RE: Getting started with MLS - Shannon - 12-13-2020

Sounds like it's doing the job though.

RE: Getting started with MLS - MegaMan - 12-14-2020

Hello Shannon! Thanks for your kind reply. Yes, so far wireless 2.4GHz seems to transmit the audio well, I will know more after the first 3 months.

Month 1, Day 9

Had a strange dream that may be related to the sub:
I was being chased/threatened by someone and I could not defeat it. So after some time, he got me and I suddenly noticed that there was something wrong, surreal to be precise. I think he teleported or morphed. So I just asked "is this all real?" and he answered "no" and I willed the chase to stop.

This is worth reporting because a "bad" dream is very rare for me and when it happens I usually destroy whatever wants to harm me. Often quite graphically and completely.
But this was different, the chase and the threat stopped but the person doing the chasing was still there, unharmed. Maybe a part of me is afraid of learning better/faster and the auto-response is destroying what seems threatening. Now the sub is teaching that part that is afraid this response is bad, and there is another way in co-existing with it.

RE: Getting started with MLS - MegaMan - 12-18-2020

Month 1, Day 10

Today was an off day. Despite that, I stuck to my sleeping schedule and got some coursework done before tending to other commitments.
In comparison to the past, this task did feel less like a chore and more "right", like it is normal to do this every day and to feel good about it.

Month 1, Day 11

Not doing enough for uni and feel like I am facing some resistance so I did 5 loops instead of 4 today.

Month 1, Day 12

Had a dream that ended with learning boxing / doing a sparring session with gods. Before that, they were mighty chains that bound me but then they transformed into human-like gods and we had a good workout. Woke up thinking about how to rotate the hips right to get more power into my jab. Very funny in a weird way.
I think understanding the math definitions and being very pedantic in applying them to the given tasks is getting easier for me. Had a long argument with classmates that if this definition is applied, then our whole understanding of the assignment falls apart.

Month 1, Day 13

Having a great time getting tasks done and finally, LateX is doing what I want it to. Also using 5 loops today, feels good so far.

RE: Getting started with MLS - fab10 - 12-18-2020

Sparring with gods eh? You’re either a gamer or your dreams are way cooler than mine Wink

Seriously though, it sounds like you started off well, and thanks for reporting that 2.4 Ghz works well, it would be great to eventually have it confirmed that some wireless devices work for sure.

RE: Getting started with MLS - fab10 - 12-18-2020

Quote:Not doing enough for uni and feel like I am facing some resistance so I did 5 loops instead of 4 today.
When not using headphones, you might want to try and up the volume a notch or two, as long as it’s comfortable of course. Volume makes a huge difference in my case.

Listening at night is not a problem, in fact it’s recommended in most cases. I bet your approach of listening while studying is a good one too.

RE: Getting started with MLS - Shannon - 12-20-2020

(12-18-2020, 05:33 PM)fab10 Wrote: Sparring with gods eh? You’re either a gamer or your dreams are way cooler than mine Wink

Seriously though, it sounds like you started off well, and thanks for reporting that 2.4 Ghz works well, it would be great to eventually have it confirmed that some wireless devices work for sure.

2.4 GHz doesn't tell you anything but the transmission frequency of the radio.  Has not a thing to do with what really matters, which is how and how much the audio is compressed, and using what.

RE: Getting started with MLS - fab10 - 12-20-2020

Aha, I’ll stick to wired.

RE: Getting started with MLS - MegaMan - 12-21-2020

(12-18-2020, 05:33 PM)fab10 Wrote: Sparring with gods eh? You’re either a gamer or your dreams are way cooler than mine Wink

Haha, thanks for your post fab10  Smile

Yeah, I play some games and want to get back to boxing so bad. Got into it last year in the summer and the covid thing hit when I was getting good enough to start sparring. So my subconcious and concious desires may align here lol.

Will continue with the wireless self-test, let's see how it goes.

RE: Getting started with MLS - MegaMan - 12-21-2020

(12-20-2020, 05:33 PM)Shannon Wrote:

2.4 GHz doesn't tell you anything but the transmission frequency of the radio.  Has not a thing to do with what really matters, which is how and how much the audio is compressed, and using what.

Thanks for the info Shannon. If it would be helpful to you, I can give more details about my equipment or run some tests in the new year.

RE: Getting started with MLS - MegaMan - 12-23-2020

Month 1, Day 14

Cleaning, packing and travelling for Christmas. Nothing of note.

Month 1, Day 15

Arrived at my family home yesterday night and had a 7 hour Uni webinar today. Was way less of a chore than last time and I even had the urge to do some studying after it in the evening.
Back to 4 loops as I would like to keep to the instructions and I don't feel any more "resistance". Put it into quotes because it is very mild, almost nothing in comparison to what some experience on other subs. Mostly a feeling of not wanting to do something or thinking about being lazy/old habits.

Month 1, Day 16

Got up early and getting some work done. Desire to learn is stronger, getting interested in hard topics like pure math that are only by a stretch related to my studies. Results of MLS are good so far. My posts will be less frequent until after christmas holidays.

RE: Getting started with MLS - MegaMan - 01-03-2021

Month 1, Day 16

It was an off-day and family activities reduced study time.

Month 1, Day 17

Today I got the 4 loops in via ultrasonic file on the speakers of my mobile.
It feels like my ability to focus on my studies during the family visit has increased, but it's hard to compare as these visits are about 3 times per year. 

Month 1, Day 18

Only a short study period today. LateX is a royal piece of sh** again.

Month 1, Days 19 to 22 were uneventful holidays. The family took up more time and so studying was reduced but I spent some time thinking through the topics.

Month 1, Days 23 to 27 
I adhered to the scheduled loops until day 23. On days 23 and 24 I missed my loops and got back into it on day 25, with 2 loops, and managed only 1 loop on day 26.
On day 27 I got the full 4 loops in and hope to stay on track now.
Question:
Maybe this is a silly question, but should I restart the count for MLS at day 1 or subtract the missed days or something like that?

Month 1, Day 28
Did one loop to get back into it. Today for the first time I understood the basic math behind neural nets. Which is something that I had avoided before because it kind of went over my head. So this is a success for me that I think MLS helped me with.

RE: Getting started with MLS - MegaMan - 01-04-2021

Month 1, Day 29
My reading has improved in speed, particularly in non-fiction books. Until now new concepts and information in non-fiction slowed my reading speed down in comparison to stories, be it fiction or non-fiction. Now I'd wager that it is evened out.
In addition, I skim through the contents to see if there is relevant or new information in it and then digest these passages much faster than before. This is notable because I resisted doing this before MLS as I felt it rude/a disservice to the author not to read everything in a book. Now I value the information more and cleared the block.
I got through 3 books on one topic in about half a day with this.

Month 1, Day 30
The desire to also use MLS on off-days has come back stronger. So I will start a little experiment and do 4 loops on on-days and 1 loop on off-days, lets see what happens after a week.
Today my sleep was spotty and despite that, I got up on time and am getting tasks done. Also, I stayed up longer to do some long put off small tasks. So the procrastination is getting better.