Subliminal Talk
New here - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome! (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Welcome)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Introductions)
+--- Thread: New here (/Thread-New-here--10753)

New here - Rusty - 09-03-2020

Hey all,
So after researching a bit about subliminals i found this place not long ago, after a breakup that made me want to
improve myself for my next gf( i don't believe in going back)
Have been doing ASC free sub for the last month.

also been looking around the forum for my next sub, i have couple of questions if that's ok:

I use the ultrasonic track when i sleep using JBL Flip4 speaker through bluetooth via my phon(Galaxy s9),
Is that ok? i read somwhere that bluetooth might cause lost data, is it better to use cable speakers?

I would like my next sub to be Emotional healing, i wanted to buy E3 but then reasearched and found that E4 is coming up soon, when is it to be estimated to be released?

I'm using masked version during the day, what is the difference between the trickling and ocean masked regarding efficiency? 

What is the best equalization settings for masked or ultra sonic? 

Can i use a booster between tracks to improve my results even if its from another producer?

And lastly, i see in the free sample no hybrid format, even though reading in the posts some mention the hybrid,
What does it sound like? (silent or just like the masked version)
And also i see the files are type of .mp3 and not FLAC , should i convert them or the new ones that i buy will come with FLAC type files aswell?

Anyway, glad to be here. i'm aiming to be the best version i can, hopefully this will help me achieve that  Smile

RE: New here - Rusty - 09-03-2020

I just noticed i was not suppose to ask questions in this section, i would appriciate if mod can move it to appropriate section Smile thanks

RE: New here - Shannon - 09-03-2020

You are not supposed to ask questions in this area, that is true.  But where would you like it moved to?  "Rusty" could mean you are male or female.  In the mean time, since it will be moved anyway, I will answer your questions.

Quote:Hey all,
So after researching a bit about subliminals i found this place not long ago, after a breakup that made me want to
Have been doing ASC free sub for the last month.

Welcome!

Quote:also been looking around the forum for my next sub, i have couple of questions if that's ok:

I use the ultrasonic track when i sleep using JBL Flip4 speaker through bluetooth via my phon(Galaxy s9),
Is that ok? i read somwhere that bluetooth might cause lost data, is it better to use cable speakers?

Bluetooth is a question mark.  Different companies do it different ways, and some of them work for subliminals and some don't.  I personally wouldn't use it.  I use my phone speakers directly, but cabled speakers will be even better since they're stereo.

Quote:I would like my next sub to be Emotional healing, i wanted to buy E3 but then reasearched and found that E4 is coming up soon, when is it to be estimated to be released?

That is somewhat uncertain.  After I publish Stage 2 of LTUv6 (hopefully today), I have to work on DMSI v3.3.3 for 2-3 weeks before I will be free to extract and build anything from LTUv6.  If you can wait, that's a good idea.  I don't know exactly how long it will take me to do the extraction and build, but it I estimate that it shouldn't be more than 3 to 5 days.  So somewhere between 3-4 weeks, probably.

Quote:I'm using masked version during the day, what is the difference between the trickling and ocean masked regarding efficiency?

Very little.  They both use the same level of volume differencing and the same script.  The only difference is that the volume changes in trickling stream format are less and the overall volume is therefore more constant.  Essentially, it's just a matter of "Which cover sound do you prefer more?".

Quote:What is the best equalization settings for masked or ultra sonic? 

None.  If you have no option but to use equalization, choose settings labeled "Jazz" if you can find them; if not, favor the treble side of things somewhat.

Quote:Can i use a booster between tracks to improve my results even if its from another producer?

First, you should never EVER mix subliminals made by different producers.  They use different methods and have different levels of understanding of what they are doing, and mixing their scripting methods can and probably will result in problems.  You may or may not know that is happening, and you may not know it's happening for a long time, but rest assured, the risk is sufficient that I would never do it.

Second, I do not have, nor use, booster subs because I create my programs properly in the first place, and boosters are neither necessary nor useful with my programs.  Don't use a booster with anything you get from IML, and don't mix producers.

Quote:And lastly, i see in the free sample no hybrid format, even though reading in the posts some mention the hybrid,

Hybrid is only offered with 5.5G and up.  The free samples are all 5G.  It is a carefully crafted combination of the masked and ultrasonic formats, so you hear the both of them at once.  So whichever mask you choose, plus ultrasonic.

Quote:And also i see the files are type of .mp3 and not FLAC , should i convert them or the new ones that i buy will come with FLAC type files aswell?

FLAC is only offered in 5.5G and up.  You'll get those with any subliminal that is 5.5G or later.  You should never convert, adjust or change any of these subliminals in any way, as once you do, you will no longer be able to be sure they are still; valid and safe.  Even adjusting the tags can potentially throw off the hash values, and then you have no way to verify the file is unaltered in some undesired way by software that is designed to "think for you" and written by someone who assumes you are an idiot and want something you don't want.  Apple software does that a lot, but there are others as well that do.  Never change these programs.  Don't mess with the tags, don't convert them, and especially never compress or re-compress them.

Quote:Anyway, glad to be here. i'm aiming to be the best version i can, hopefully this will help me achieve that  Smile

That's the goal a lot of us have here.  I hope you find what you're looking for!

RE: New here - Rusty - 09-03-2020

(09-03-2020, 10:46 AM)Shannon Wrote:
Quote:You are not supposed to ask questions in this area, that is true.  But where would you like it moved to?  "Rusty" could mean you are male or female.  In the mean time, since it will be moved anyway, I will answer your questions.

I am a male, rusty is just my nickname haha. 
Quote:Hey all,
So after researching a bit about subliminals i found this place not long ago, after a breakup that made me want to
Have been doing ASC free sub for the last month.

Quote:Welcome!

Thanks i am glad to be here

Quote:also been looking around the forum for my next sub, i have couple of questions if that's ok:

Quote:Bluetooth is a question mark.  Different companies do it different ways, and some of them work for subliminals and some don't.  I personally wouldn't use it.  I use my phone speakers directly, but cabled speakers will be even better since they're stereo.

I see, i have no way to find the codec encoding of these i just know they are pretty good. but i also have option to plug them to the computer, i think ill do that instead.
By the way, which media player is preffered? I have GOM Audio player and windows media player installed.

Quote:I would like my next sub to be Emotional healing, i wanted to buy E3 but then reasearched and found that E4 is coming up soon, when is it to be estimated to be released?

Quote:That is somewhat uncertain.  After I publish Stage 2 of LTUv6 (hopefully today), I have to work on DMSI v3.3.3 for 2-3 weeks before I will be free to extract and build anything from LTUv6.  If you can wait, that's a good idea.  I don't know exactly how long it will take me to do the extraction and build, but it I estimate that it shouldn't be more than 3 to 5 days.  So somewhere between 3-4 weeks, probably.

Awesome! if it can be till the start of octobeer it will be amazing since then my asc journey ends.

Quote:I'm using masked version during the day, what is the difference between the trickling and ocean masked regarding efficiency?

Quote:Very little.  They both use the same level of volume differencing and the same script.  The only difference is that the volume changes in trickling stream format are less and the overall volume is therefore more constant.  Essentially, it's just a matter of "Which cover sound do you prefer more?".
Very interesting, i thought the ocean surf covers more ground because it has different volume through the whole 
clip, good to know!

Quote:What is the best equalization settings for masked or ultra sonic? 

Quote:None.  If you have no option but to use equalization, choose settings labeled "Jazz" if you can find them; if not, favor the treble side of things somewhat.

I see, so should i choose none over "Jazz" ? some say it is provides better result with Jazz, is it right?

Quote:Can i use a booster between tracks to improve my results even if its from another producer?

Quote:First, you should never EVER mix subliminals made by different producers.  They use different methods and have different levels of understanding of what they are doing, and mixing their scripting methods can and probably will result in problems.  You may or may not know that is happening, and you may not know it's happening for a long time, but rest assured, the risk is sufficient that I would never do it.

Second, I do not have, nor use, booster subs because I create my programs properly in the first place, and boosters are neither necessary nor useful with my programs.  Don't use a booster with anything you get from IML, and don't mix producers.

Okay great info thanks! i will make sure to never use anyone else sub while running IML subs.

Quote:And lastly, i see in the free sample no hybrid format, even though reading in the posts some mention the hybrid,

Hybrid is only offered with 5.5G and up.  The free samples are all 5G.  It is a carefully crafted combination of the masked and ultrasonic formats, so you hear the both of them at once.  So whichever mask you choose, plus ultrasonic.

Quote:And also i see the files are type of .mp3 and not FLAC , should i convert them or the new ones that i buy will come with FLAC type files aswell?

Quote:FLAC is only offered in 5.5G and up.  You'll get those with any subliminal that is 5.5G or later.  You should never convert, adjust or change any of these subliminals in any way, as once you do, you will no longer be able to be sure they are still; valid and safe.  Even adjusting the tags can potentially throw off the hash values, and then you have no way to verify the file is unaltered in some undesired way by software that is designed to "think for you" and written by someone who assumes you are an idiot and want something you don't want.  Apple software does that a lot, but there are others as well that do.  Never change these programs.  Don't mess with the tags, don't convert them, and especially never compress or re-compress them.

Thanks i will make sure to never convert.

Quote:Anyway, glad to be here. i'm aiming to be the best version i can, hopefully this will help me achieve that  Smile

Quote:That's the goal a lot of us have here.  I hope you find what you're looking for!

Thankyou so much for taking the time to respond  Smile i hope so too.

RE: New here - fab10 - 09-04-2020

Quote:
I also have option to plug them to the computer, i think ill do that instead.
Ya, why risk degrading the quality

Quote:By the way, which media player is preffered? I have GOM Audio player and windows media player installed.

I do not use Windows but I remember that WMP was not recommended because it did not fully “respect” the sound file. 

RE: New here - Shannon - 09-04-2020

Quote:I see, i have no way to find the codec encoding of these i just know they are pretty good. but i also have option to plug them to the computer, i think ill do that instead.

By the way, which media player is preffered? I have GOM Audio player and windows media player installed.

Next to nobody can find the codec being used.  That's why I suggest against using BlueTooth entirely.

Avoid WMP at all costs.  I suggest you get a copy of Audacity and use that.  I don't know anything about GOM, but I know and use Audacity, both for making these files and playing them.

Quote:Awesome! if it can be till the start of octobeer it will be amazing since then my asc journey ends.

I have a LOT on my plate, so no guarantees.  There may (probably will) be delays and there may be something I did not remember needs my attention.

Quote:Very interesting, i thought the ocean surf covers more ground because it has different volume through the whole clip, good to know!

That may be true.  But so far I have not had anyone report that Ocean Surf is better or worse than Trickling Stream.

Quote:I see, so should i choose none over "Jazz" ? some say it is provides better result with Jazz, is it right?

Equalizers only emphasize or de-emphasize a particular band of pitch.  In other words, it lets you change the volume of different pitches within the overall audio.  You don't need to do that.  People report that Jazz makes it better because it increased the volume of the high pitches, which you can do the same exact thing by just increasing the volume.  Jazz, by the way, only improves ultrasonics, and in no way does a better job than just increasing the general volume a bit.  So just leave equalizers alone and adjust the general volume.

Quote:Thankyou so much for taking the time to respond

You're welcome.  I look forward to following your future journeys.