Subliminal Talk
LTU 6 Log - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: LTU 6 Log (/Thread-LTU-6-Log)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: LTU 6 Log - RTBoss - 10-08-2020

I've been successful curbing my hunger with fruit, fiber, and lean protein. Oikos triple zero Greek yogurt with fat free cottage cheese and blueberries mixed in, oatmeal with cinnamon, Splenda, and strawberries, an orange here and there, carrot sticks and/or celery with home made hummus. Grilling chicken breasts, pork tenderloin/chops, roasted butternut squash, broccoli, cauliflower...Oh yeah, air popped popcorn in a pinch.

RE: LTU 6 Log - NOMAD - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 06:47 AM)THolt Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 05:37 PM)NOMAD Wrote: Stage 2, Day 27

My hunger returned about a week ago and is still going strong. I can't see cutting/leaning out effectively while running LTU6, especially if your favorite during strategy involves fasting. This sub is an energetic resource hog and it needs to be fed.

Today I had the exact opposite experience from what I've seen others report. My pulsar app turned on twice and began running loops...odd. I noticed it when I checked my notifications from the locked screen. There's no way I could've opened it by physical touch. Even if the screen hadn't been locked,  the app icon is under a folder icon that I would have to open first.

What format are you using?

Hybrid Trickling Stream .flac

I had my phone sitting on my desk with earbuds plugged in, but didn't have them in my ears so I didn't hear the track playing. I noticed the Pulsar icon when I checked my notifications as I do periodically when I leave my desk and return.

(10-08-2020, 09:05 AM)RTBoss Wrote: I've been successful curbing my hunger with fruit, fiber, and lean protein.  Oikos triple zero Greek yogurt with fat free cottage cheese and blueberries mixed in, oatmeal with cinnamon, Splenda, and strawberries, an orange here and there, carrot sticks and/or celery with home made hummus.  Grilling chicken breasts, pork tenderloin/chops, roasted butternut squash, broccoli, cauliflower...Oh yeah, air popped popcorn in a pinch.

Thanks for the suggestions. I find myself having to stuff my face often to keep my brain energy going.

RE: LTU 6 Log - THolt - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 09:58 AM)NOMAD Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 06:47 AM)THolt Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 05:37 PM)NOMAD Wrote: Stage 2, Day 27

My hunger returned about a week ago and is still going strong. I can't see cutting/leaning out effectively while running LTU6, especially if your favorite during strategy involves fasting. This sub is an energetic resource hog and it needs to be fed.

Today I had the exact opposite experience from what I've seen others report. My pulsar app turned on twice and began running loops...odd. I noticed it when I checked my notifications from the locked screen. There's no way I could've opened it by physical touch. Even if the screen hadn't been locked,  the app icon is under a folder icon that I would have to open first.

What format are you using?

Hybrid Trickling Stream .flac

I had my phone sitting on my desk with earbuds plugged in, but didn't have them in my ears so I didn't hear the track playing. I noticed the Pulsar icon when I checked my notifications as I do periodically when I leave my desk and return.

I used to run hybrid on earphones but then I was told that that might be damaging to the ears

(07-24-2020, 05:39 PM)Shannon Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 05:20 PM)fab10 Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 09:00 AM)Hanpan Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 05:57 PM)Shannon Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 05:32 PM)NOMAD Wrote: I use earbuds on an Android phone and set the volume of 10-11/15 (whatever is most comfortable.) Maybe try starting at that level. 

I use the hybrid Triclikng Stream .flac format.

Hybrid includes ultrasonic.  That is not a wise thing to do on earbuds.  Especially on earbuds.  The volume from the speaker does not equate.  it is much higher, relatively, through earbuds.  It can potentially also damage your hearing to listen to ultrasonic that loud through earbuds.

I was a bit surprised by this.

Would it be possible for you to briefly sum up the suggested format and volume level for iphone speaker and earbuds for OF?

I am quite sure that I have read conflicting information about using hybrid with earphones or earbuds:
a) Do not do it
b) It can be done as long the volume of the audible (masked) track is well within comfortable range, or one click lower.

A final word on this would be great Shannon. Thanks.

When using ultrasonic or hybrid, it is not recommended that you use it on headphones because it can cause damage if the ultrasonic portion is too loud.  Earbuds put the speaker physically inside your ear.  That means the relative volume will be even higher than it was with headphones, at the same volume setting.  

What I want to clarify is that when I say to use it on your phone at 13/15, I mean that it should be played through the phone's speaker at that volume.  It will very likely be too loud through headphones, and especially through earbuds, at that very same volume.  Even more especially if it is ultrasonic, or includes ultrasonic.

You can use ultrasonic or hybrid through headphones or earbuds, but it isn't a good idea.  If you do, you have to adjust the volume to be appropriate to the proximity of the speaker to your ear by calibrating with an audible source.  You also have to pay close attention to whether the volume causes you tinnitus, and either lower it or switch tracks if it does.

That is the final word.

I suspect the whole conversation started when my original post was misunderstood. I listen at a volume that's comfortable with a pair of the earbuds that loop around my ears with the buds themselves resting outside my ear canal as I sleep.  Even if I was to shove hem into my ears,  they always fall to the same resting position. For my current set of earbuds at the position I described on my current phone, the comfortable volume is 10/15. With a different set of earbuds that volume might need to change, but it's perfect with this set.

I don't want to engage in this topic any further. This is what I do.

Stage 2, Day 28

Tonight will be my last night of listening to Stage 2 for this run. I'll take two days off then begin Stage 3. For me, this stage can be summed up as "get 'er done." I've been less introspective and more focused on taking action. Anti-social tendencies were pretty strong, particularly when I felt like I had things I need to accomplish. Most of the time I haven't felt liked posting. My life has pretty much been work, eat, sleep, then repeat. I haven't had much patience during this stage and have continually found myself frustrated with people and situations when I perceived a lack of progress. Oddly enough, whenever I've felt amused it's  been deep amusement that seemed to be contagious.

Stage 1 and Stage 2 are night and day for me. It'll be interesting to see what Stage 3 has in store. I honestly have no idea what to expect.

RE: LTU 6 Log - ncbeareatingman - 10-09-2020

Your progress on Stage 3 is awesome,Man!!
In a phrase,"Obi wan, you ARE a Bold One!!"
"It is da Way!!" Mando!!

RE: LTU 6 Log - NOMAD - 10-09-2020

(10-09-2020, 04:12 AM)ncbeareatingman Wrote: Your progress on Stage 3 is awesome,Man!!
In a phrase,"Obi wan, you ARE a Bold One!!"
"It is da Way!!" Mando!!

Thanks Keith.

It'll be interesting to see where the next stage and beyond take me.

RE: LTU 6 Log - NOMAD - 10-12-2020

Stage 3, Day 2

I'm about halfway through my last loop from last night. My first thought is that it feels gentler than Stage 2. I didn't have any trouble sleeping at all and I feel pretty good this morning. It's too early to tell much else.

RE: LTU 6 Log - NOMAD - 10-13-2020

Stage 3, Day 3

I'm not really noticing much from the program other than the fact that I feel pretty normal. With Stage 2, I had a bit of a dark cloud over my head.  With Stage 3, that appears to be gone.

Last night, I worked out. It was brief, but was the first time I've engaged in any sort of resistance training since January. Before last night, my mentality was "What's the point? I'm not motivated enough to stick with it." Last night I still had some gas in the tank and felt like doing a few sets. So, I did.

RE: LTU 6 Log - NOMAD - 10-14-2020

Stage 3, Day 4

Although I feel good emotionally and otherwise, my brain is bogged down. During Stage 2, my processing power was fast and effortless. That's completely gone. Both yesterday and today,  I've found myself staring blankly at papers trying to make sense of things that are typically not difficult. I'm having to carefully and methodically step through my thought processes to make sure I'm not making mistakes.

@Shannon As a side note,  Stage 2's effects on mental acuity might be valuable for the next MLS and the motivational part could be amazing for AM7. I believe I've already commented on the AM7 part, but the MLS suggestion just hit me today as I sit here and struggle.

RE: LTU 6 Log - SaltyMeatballs - 10-15-2020

What's your sleep been like on stage 2 just curious?

RE: LTU 6 Log - NOMAD - 10-16-2020

(10-15-2020, 11:24 AM)SaltyMeatballs Wrote: What's your sleep been like on stage 2 just curious?

At the beginning of Stage 2 my sleep was horrible, but it eventually lined out and I slept really well.

RE: LTU 6 Log - NOMAD - 10-16-2020

Stage 3, Day 6

I'm still not sure exactly what Stage 3 is doing. It feels emotionally lighter but cerebrally heavier,  if that makes any sense. One word that keeps coming to mind as I ponder Stage 3 is "freedom". There's something about it that feels liberating. But I can't pinpoint what the source of that feeling is. In any case,  I like it. As my brain adjusts to the load, it should get even better.

I've been active every day this week. I'm not doing anything hardcore, but I've been consciously deciding to leave work at a reasonable time,  go home, and work out. During Stage 2, work was practically an obsession for me. Now, my work/health ratio seems to be tipping toward a better balance.

As I wrote this out, it became pretty clear what Stage 3 is doing. It's freeing me of the obsession(s) I acquired during Stage 2. The motivation is still there,  but the obsession is being trimmed away. As an analogy, I  would compare Stage 2 to a bodybuilding bulk cycle and Stage 3 to a cut. Considering the fact that I've been working out every day and the analogy I just gave,  I can't help but wonder if my subconscious has been trying to explain to me what it has been doing..."Yo...NOMAD...in addition to moving toward the goal, I'm using exercise to illustrate the progress we're making toward that goal...hello...McFly..."

My conscious mind can be dense sometimes.