Subliminal Talk
If Playlist Stops On Your Phone - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: If Playlist Stops On Your Phone (/Thread-If-Playlist-Stops-On-Your-Phone)

If Playlist Stops On Your Phone - RTBoss - 08-14-2020

I finally figured out my problem with my playlist stopping on my Samsung Galaxy S9.  My phone has a battery optimizer under the Device Care settings that automatically shuts apps down after a period of time that the screen is off.  You need to whitelist whatever app your are using to play your sub playlist, and then you should be fine.  

Not sure if this is a problem on cheaper/older android phones or any iPhones.

Hope this helps.

RE: If Playlist Stops On Your Phone - tolgaocal80 - 08-14-2020

And there is a thing I found, in Europa countries, andriod phones have a safety protocol that if you listening music (or playlist) with headphones or additional speaker, it automatically reduces high volume (any higher than 8/15) to very low sound after about an hour of listening,

so if you are listening ultrasonic on android with additional speakers, this is a serious problem.

RE: If Playlist Stops On Your Phone - fab10 - 08-15-2020

(08-14-2020, 06:10 AM)tolgaocal80 Wrote: And there is  a thing I found, in Europa countries, andriod phones have a safety protocol that if you listening music (or playlist) with headphones or additional speaker, it automatically reduces high volume (any higher than 8/15) to very low sound after about an hour of listening,

so if you are listening ultrasonic on android with additional speakers, this is a serious problem.

Wow, so many of us struggling with the same frustrating problem. VLC always worked well for me. Until now, who knows why. Unfortunately none of those solutions applies to me... 

I’m currently testing a new player app, Vox. From the very first test I ran it seems that it does not stop but it plays one loop too many  Blink  Of course players are not tested to play the same one hour plus track 7 times over, I understand that, but it should not be this hard.

RE: If Playlist Stops On Your Phone - Ali - 08-16-2020

(08-15-2020, 05:57 PM)fab10 Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 06:10 AM)tolgaocal80 Wrote: And there is  a thing I found, in Europa countries, andriod phones have a safety protocol that if you listening music (or playlist) with headphones or additional speaker, it automatically reduces high volume (any higher than 8/15) to very low sound after about an hour of listening,

Wow, so many of us struggling with the same frustrating problem. VLC always worked well for me. Until now, who knows why. Unfortunately none of those solutions applies to me... 

I’m currently testing a new player app, Vox. From the very first test I ran it seems that it does not stop but it plays one loop too many  Blink  Of course players are not tested to play the same one hour plus track 7 times over, I understand that, but it should not be this hard.

Hey guys Smile

Not sure if this suggestion will help but I read in a few other threads of a pretty good idea. IF you are able to purchase an old apple iPod player (I think they sell for around $20 these days second hand) then you should be able to load the same track multiple times onto a single playlist and then just leave it to play (connected to your speakers)!

Cheers, 
Ali

RE: If Playlist Stops On Your Phone - LionKing - 08-16-2020

I was using Pi music player before, now Poweramp. Never had issues like that. OnePlus phone. Though I also never play loud, so don't know about the volume-lowering issue. 

The issue I do have is that the 3.5mm connector on my phone has become way too loose, and the plug will easily pop out, stopping the audio. Will have to buy something like a Fiio M6, though don't know beforehand if they support adding the same file into a playlist multiple times..

RE: If Playlist Stops On Your Phone - fab10 - 08-16-2020

(08-16-2020, 03:58 AM)LionKing Wrote: I was using Pi music player before, now Poweramp. Never had issues like that. OnePlus phone. Though I also never play loud, so don't know about the volume-lowering issue. 

The issue I do have is that the 3.5mm connector on my phone has become way too loose, and the plug will easily pop out, stopping the audio. Will have to buy something like a Fiio M6, though don't know beforehand if they support adding the same file into a playlist multiple times..

Both apps you suggest are Android only, right?

RE: If Playlist Stops On Your Phone - tolgaocal80 - 08-16-2020

hey I am using foobar2000 player, it is contains all features, using it on Anroid, it should be for iphone either, try it if you have playlist issues. supported flac also, and free

RE: If Playlist Stops On Your Phone - reki - 08-17-2020

With my older android the problem is there are times it restarts due to overheating or so

RE: If Playlist Stops On Your Phone - fab10 - 08-17-2020

(08-16-2020, 10:27 AM)tolgaocal80 Wrote: hey I am using foobar2000 player, it is contains all features, using it on Anroid, it should be for iphone either, try it if you have playlist issues. supported flac also, and free

Thanks for the tip bud, it is indeed available for iOS, the reviews are terrific and the description seems to match what I need. I am downloading it right now, I’ll let you know how it works out.