Subliminal Talk
UMS Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: UMS Journal (/Thread-UMS-Journal--10692)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: UMS Journal - Shannon - 07-28-2020

(07-27-2020, 07:49 PM)pete Wrote: Masked_Subliminal doesn't allow me to have this in the background, or sleep with it, and I am not sure if I want less "good results."
I don't want to sound ungrateful in all this, but when a person doesnt have money to eat sometimes, its a real stress if this is gong to give me less good results moving forward.
I really need this to work and assist my life as soon as possible.

Understandable, but you're not hearing what I'm saying.

It may actually give you better results.  It may not.  It will depend on your personality.  I don't take the time to make and process the masked format because it is inferior.  If it was, why bother?  Why not lighten my work load, make it less work?  It is there because for some people, it produces the best results.

Focusing on one part instead of hearing the whole thing doesn't help.  It also tells me you're dealing with a lot of fear right now.  Fear usually creates as the outcome whatever is feared.

RE: UMS Journal - pete - 07-30-2020

I have 3 options of usage, but only one of them can be played when sleeping.
I rarely, if at all I have time to sit for 3 hours and listen to 2 loops. You also dont recommend using it in the car.
And then there is no way of working out which is better, based on personality type, if a cumulative effect that produces the results.
So, is my assumption that 8 months of each correct. That is 2  1/2 years of time.
Not very practical.

It is not fear if i keep using this and nothing changes or even appears to change, or that life keeps drawing on me, making  even eating hard...... I reached out to find a path... and your product to assist.

I also am talking to get help, talking truthfully, to get recommendations, but it seems you only can answer one way, and you assume people need to hear things one way. It is disappointing when I am truly asking for help, and I feel demoralized internally.
I dont know if you know how hard rock bottom is, and if you did once know that feeling.., it seems you might have forgotten how hard it is. Barely having enough money to eat, pay bills, pay tax, and major medical issues (double hernia) now is very very hard, especially, when I don't know how I will do the  majority of this stuff.... I hope you can understand a little.

I truly mean no offense.. jsut worried.

RE: UMS Journal - CatMan - 07-30-2020

Hi there.

If I could make a suggestion here.

I assume based off your words, that you're using the ultrasonic format.

It's vital to make sure that it is loud enough to be heard properly, and that the speaker can reproduce the ultrasonic properly.

Many speakers claim to be able to reproduce 20,000khz, but can't in reality. That would result in zero results from the sub if you're using ultrasonic.

Volume can go up to -30db in a phone app called Frequensee before being considered unsafe volume levels beyond that. So, making sure the sub is loud enough to register, and be strong enough to overpower resistance is vital for results as well.

If you could describe your listening setup, how you listen, speaker, volume level, how you test for volume level and confirm the sub is playing properly through an app like Frequensee, that can help us figure this out.

Wish you all the best man!

Just to begin, my primary location is a small room, about 3x3.5m work area and lounge room, sort of.
I am located in the left corner of one of the shorter walls, with the wall to the right about 2.5 metres away.
If you draw basically a square, I am located in the top left, facing the top wall.
On the right wall is a stereo, with 2 speakers on the floor. I have a direct audio connection under the floor to my stereo from my pc. I run VLC to play your files.  
I have tested and setup the sound as per your instructions in Absolute Self Confidence 5G. I can perceive the Ultrasonic if its too loud with a high pitched sound. My stereo speakers can product the range.  
(Just incidentally, as mentioned, my tinitus has been terrible lately.
I can fall asleep with it, but honestly, its a high pitched constant  squeal, obviously worse in the silence of the night.)
Frequensee sitting where I usually sit shows a spike in the Analyzer at 20KHz. jumping up and down between about -50 and -40. The sound comes from my right so it hits me basically in the right ear.

Secondly I have a bedroom with another setup, running Yamaha NS-10 studio speakers, given I have a old music production pc (my hobby and only thing that gives me a break from the stress I am living with).
I have been using this at night sleeping wiht the Ultrasonic for the last 2 cycles.
I ran Frequensee sitting and the also shows up Analyzer at 20KHz, but I can see that in my bedroom I am not running it anywhere near the -30-40 db that you note. Its more like -60 to -70.

Maybe that is the issue. I think I backed off with this as my tinitus was getting to me.

Finally, when I have listened in headphones, which has only been once in one  the 4 cycles (on 1 of the 3 days) ,  I have listened to the Ultimate_Monetary_Success_5_5G_Hybrid_Subliminal_(Trickling_Stream_Silent) ..
as you mentioned it would help with the tinitus .

Hope that helps, and thank you for helping me.

RE: UMS Journal - Shannon - 07-30-2020

(07-30-2020, 01:25 AM)pete Wrote: I have 3 options of usage, but only one of them can be played when sleeping.
I rarely, if at all I have time to sit for 3 hours and listen to 2 loops. You also dont recommend using it in the car.
And then there is no way of working out which is better, based on personality type, if a cumulative effect that produces the results.
So, is my assumption that 8 months of each correct. That is 2  1/2 years of time.
Not very practical.

It is not fear if i keep using this and nothing changes or even appears to change, or that life keeps drawing on me, making  even eating hard...... I reached out to find a path... and your product to assist.

I also am talking to get help, talking truthfully, to get recommendations, but it seems you only can answer one way, and you assume people need to hear things one way. It is disappointing when I am truly asking for help, and I feel demoralized internally.
I dont know if you know how hard rock bottom is, and if you did once know that feeling.., it seems you might have forgotten how hard it is. Barely having enough money to eat, pay bills, pay tax, and major medical issues (double hernia) now is very very hard, especially, when I don't know how I will do the  majority of this stuff.... I hope you can understand a little.

I truly mean no offense.. jsut worried.

I don't necessarily know the specifics of your situation, so no offense is intended on my end either.  I only have what I know from the forum to go on concerning your situation.

You don't need to run it for 8 months per, you just need to find the best format and settings for you.  Try different things, use each for a cycle, see what seems to work best.

We recommend not using it in the car if it produces an altered state for you while you run it that isn't safe for you to use in the car.  That is a cautionary statement.  If you run it while you're awake and it does not make any alterations to your state of awareness that you believe will impair your ability to drive, it should be okay to use it while driving.

When I need to run something during the day, I just play it from my phone through the phone speaker and keep my phone within arm's reach.  It's pretty convenient that way.  Just make sure that if you try that, you don't end up with it in your pocket and muffled by your pocket.  If I need to put my phone in my pocket while it's playing, I put it in the pocket where I keep my wallet, and let it rest on top of the wallet so the speaker is out of my pocket.  That occasionally changes the volume, but not very often.  You'll have to check it occasionally, but that is also a useful and convenient way to do it.

RE: UMS Journal - Shannon - 07-30-2020

(07-30-2020, 04:46 AM)pete Wrote: Just to begin, my primary location is a small room, about 3x3.5m work area and lounge room, sort of.
I am located in the left corner of one of the shorter walls, with the wall to the right about 2.5 metres away.
If you draw basically a square, I am located in the top left, facing the top wall.
On the right wall is a stereo, with 2 speakers on the floor. I have a direct audio connection under the floor to my stereo from my pc. I run VLC to play your files.  
I have tested and setup the sound as per your instructions in Absolute Self Confidence 5G. I can perceive the Ultrasonic if its too loud with a high pitched sound. My stereo speakers can product the range.  
(Just incidentally, as mentioned, my tinitus has been terrible lately.
I can fall asleep with it, but honestly, its a high pitched constant  squeal, obviously worse in the silence of the night.)
Frequensee sitting where I usually sit shows a spike in the Analyzer at 20KHz. jumping up and down between about -50 and -40. The sound comes from my right so it hits me basically in the right ear.

Secondly I have a bedroom with another setup, running Yamaha NS-10 studio speakers, given I have a old music production pc (my hobby and only thing that gives me a break from the stress I am living with).
I have been using this at night sleeping wiht the Ultrasonic for the last 2 cycles.
I ran Frequensee sitting and the also shows up Analyzer at 20KHz, but I can see that in my bedroom I am not running it anywhere near the -30-40 db that you note. Its more like -60 to -70.

Maybe that is the issue. I think I backed off with this as my tinitus was getting to me.

Finally, when I have listened in headphones, which has only been once in one  the 4 cycles (on 1 of the 3 days) ,  I have listened to the Ultimate_Monetary_Success_5_5G_Hybrid_Subliminal_(Trickling_Stream_Silent) ..
as you mentioned it would help with the tinitus .

Hope that helps, and thank you for helping me.

Is that the volume at your ear, or the volume at the source?

In general, if the ultrasonic is causing you to have issues with tinnitus, then your options are going to be low volume ultrasonic or masked format.  Usually, the lower the volume, the deeper the subliminal "hits" the subconscious, and the deeper the levels of the subconscious that are affected directly.  This can have the effect of being very powerful for some people, and reducing motivation to execute for others.  But if you're having tinnitus issues, and the volume of the ultrasonic is peaking in the -40 and below range, then it would seem your best bet is masked format.  That sort of thing is one of the main reasons we have masked format, actually, since it's difficult to trigger tinnitus with audible sounds at normal volumes.

The volumes I mentioned were measured using Frequensee right where my ear was located.
When sitting in my work chair, I held it up to where my ear is.
In bed, I held the phone where again, on the pillow where my ear is.

I am about to start the 5th cycle , so I will give the Ultrasonic a good for the 3 days, and see how I am.
I dont really care if the tinnitus is bad, so long as I can go to sleep and so long as over the course of the days that follow it settles down.

As noted, after 4 cycles, nothing is different from before when I started.

Maybe, just to early to think anything might change.. given its jsut over a month. Thoughts?

RE: UMS Journal - Shannon - 08-01-2020

(07-30-2020, 10:50 PM)pete Wrote: The volumes I mentioned were measured using Frequensee right where my ear was located.
When sitting in my work chair, I held it up to where my ear is.
In bed, I held the phone where again, on the pillow where my ear is.

I am about to start the 5th cycle , so I will give the Ultrasonic a good for the 3 days, and see how I am.
I dont really care if the tinnitus is bad, so long as I can go to sleep and so long as over the course of the days that follow it settles down.

As noted, after 4 cycles, nothing is different from before when I started.

Maybe, just to early to think anything might change.. given its jsut over a month. Thoughts?

I measure the volume at the source, or as close to it as possible.  Usually within a few inches.  That means my readings will be different than yours.  You want to set the volume by measuring at the source.

Do a cycle with that adjustment.  If after this cycle you still notice nothing, then you're going to want to start looking at adjusting the usage patterns until you find something that works.

Usually no result means stonewalling, and stonewalling means you're likely to get a much better result from a significantly lower volume.  It usually happens with personalities that are very strong willed and resist "being told what to do", which they tend to associate with higher volumes.  Lowering the volume on ultrasonic, or using masked format, will be the suggestion for that if you see no results after this cycle.  You can use masked format at a comfortable volume, or lower the volume on the ultrasonic.  If you get no results during this next cycle, I would suggest starting with a volume equivalent of 9/15 for the ultrasonic.  If you still notice no result, lower it one click per cycle.  Usually the minimum useful volume for ultrasonic is going to be around 6 or 7.  

If even that doesn't produce results, then you can try two other options:

1. Go loud.  Instead of 13, try 15/15 on a standard Android cell phone for a cycle.  That should at least give you enough results to know there's something happening, but it's likely to give you a lot of tinnitus.  Probably not the best option.
2. Go quiet.  This would be using masked format.  Use it starting at 13/15 equivalent, and then adjust as necessary to be comfortable to listen to.

RE: UMS Journal - pete - 08-01-2020

Shannon, sorry but I have no idea of what you mean by 9/15?? do you mean 60% or original volume?
if so, a bit hard to do with a rotational knob on my devices but I will try if thats what you mean.

or 13 or 15/15?  maybe you could talk in db's...

but then, if I understand this right..... where is the 100% baseline of the sound to start with.

Not sure about this.

Using the Frequency app on the phone this time setting things up, this time, gave me some idea of the db.
Before this, it was just based on my hearing.

can you please explain what this means in really simple terms... I really don't understand.

RE: UMS Journal - Shannon - 08-02-2020

Alright, I'll clarify.

I almost always use my cell phone to play subliminals. I therefore do my testing and experiments that way. I use FrequenSee to measure the volume. The volume is being measured through the onboard microphone and produced by the onboard speakers. This arrangement is not perfect, because the distance between microphone and speakers varies from cell phone to cell phone, but it's the closest I have to a constant.

There seem to be three major options for volume adjustment in cell phones:

1. 15 clicks. This is most Android phones.
2. 30 clicks. This seems to be Google phones.
3. 16 clicks. This is Apple phones.

My phone has 15 clicks. So I measure in a ratio of ? to 15 clicks.

If you're not playing it from a cell phone, I can see how that would become confusing, so let's do dB, as you suggested.

People appear to fall into two main camps. Those who can handle higher volume ultrasonic, and those who can't (or won't).

Those who handle higher volume ultrasonic well usually respond best at a volume from 12 to 15 out of 15 on a cell phone, with 13/15 being the optimal peak for the majority. Let's call this group Type 1.

Those who do not respond well to high volume ultrasonic usually respond best to volumes of 6 to 12/15. Usually, there are peaks for success at 7, 9 and 10/15 with this range. 9 seems to be the highest peak, followed by 7. We'll call this group Type 2.

People who need under that tend, in my best understanding, to be suffering from Type 20 resistance. They are often subconsciously trying to cause themselves issues, typically with hearing, that force conditions for usage that cannot achieve the goal results. In this case, they make themselves too sensitive to volumes of the program that can achieve the goal, and "can't tolerate it". The result is that using it in the ways that will achieve the goal never happens, and they never get results. I frequently see those in this group trying to use the Masked format only, and then playing it at ridiculously low volumes, and sometimes across the room. This group we will call Type 3.

The volumes for each setting, in decibels below zero, with zero being the loudest possible volume, are as follow, according to my phone, and are accurate to +/- dB:

06/15: -35
07/17: -32
08/15: -26
09/15: -22
10/15: -18
11/15: -16
12/15: -14
13/15: -12
14/15: -11
15/15: -10

Remember, this is volume at the source of the audio, not at the ear. You will have to translate for other phones.

EDIT: These values may not be stable from phone to phone based on positioning of the microphone relative to the speaker. Don't take this as set in stone.

RE: UMS Journal - pete - 08-02-2020

Thanks for the details. Unfortunately, this will not work for me.

I use my phone almost every 15mins throughout the day with phone calls.
It is totally impractical for me to use my phone for this.. trying to run a little business means I talk a lot of the phone.
Actually, to be honest, I can say, my life is the phone. I don't listen to music on the phone, or anything on it.. I talk on it.

All your data, I will try and translate to my actual speaker environment, as I said, in my work area and in my bedroom.

In regards to your measurement values, I really don't get your measurements, because you said not to listen above -30 earlier, which is your lowest measurement, and now you are talking about 9/15 (-22db) which is louder again.

Using Frequensee  now the last few days, it has been between -40 - -30, which equates to around 6/15. At this level my tinnitus is still quite bad. I dont know if I could run it higher in volume... Even now as I sit here, my ears are squealing upon waking, but then again, I go back to what you said earlier, not to run above -30.

Also, Frequensee is hardly accurate, the metering jumps around alot, so I am not too sure how you can determine exact measurements like that, especially with the display graph being so small.

A little confused at your details, but still trying to understand.

RE: UMS Journal - whome - 08-02-2020

(08-02-2020, 09:08 AM)Shannon Wrote: Alright, I'll clarify.

... lots of good stuff about volume ...

@Shannon You should repost this in the FAQ section. This is the first I’ve seen of a writeup like this with this detail.

RE: UMS Journal - fab10 - 08-02-2020

(08-02-2020, 03:02 PM)pete Wrote: Thanks for the details. Unfortunately, this will not work for me.

I use my phone almost every 15mins throughout the day with phone calls.
It is totally impractical for me to use my phone for this.. trying to run a little business means I talk a lot of the phone.
Actually, to be honest, I can say, my life is the phone. I don't listen to music on the phone, or anything on it.. I talk on it.

All your data, I will try and translate to my actual speaker environment, as I said, in my work area and in my bedroom.

In regards to your measurement values, I really don't get your measurements, because you said not to listen above -30 earlier, which is your lowest measurement, and now you are talking about 9/15 (-22db) which is louder again.

Using Frequensee  now the last few days, it has been between -40 - -30, which equates to around 6/15. At this level my tinnitus is still quite bad. I dont know if I could run it higher in volume... Even now as I sit here, my ears are squealing upon waking, but then again, I go back to what you said earlier, not to run above -30.

Also, Frequensee is hardly accurate, the metering jumps around alot, so I am not too sure how you can determine exact measurements like that, especially with the display graph being so small.

A little confused at your details, but still trying to understand.

To keep things simple I suggest that, after choosing which volume to play, you use your phone once to get an idea of how loud it sounds and then switch to whatever other device you’ll use to play the sub and  approximately match the volume.

RE: UMS Journal - pete - 08-03-2020

I understand  all this, but I am using the Ultrasonic, so I am not going to hear anything.
I dont use the others as as I cannot sleep with them.

Thats why I moved to Frequensee, as soon as you mentioned it, and positioned my phone where I am going to hear it.
In both cases, both ran between -40 to -30 db at my ears, which is around about your 6/15 in your scale.

You still didn't explain how you can run anything louder, when you said earlier that -30 shouldnt  be exceeded.

And re,. your comments on matching the volume, do you also mean using the reference tracks, which is the only way I can interpret your comments?

Sorry for being a pain. Just as I said, want to get this right  for me, as its been now 5 cycles.. and nothing....
other than the tiredness I experienced at the start is gone. Not having any thoughts of doing anything that increase my wealth or anything like that yet. My motivation is only about surviving, as I have said, some days, not enough funds to eat.