Subliminal Talk
UMS funding my dreams - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: UMS funding my dreams (/Thread-UMS-funding-my-dreams)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: UMS funding my dreams - Money maker - 06-05-2020

P
(06-05-2020, 04:41 AM)Zubrowka Wrote: If you are in for the stock market for long term I would recommend you to take a look on value investment strategy. I.e. understanding how to value the underlying businesses that you are buying and understanding what things you need to check to find a business that is solid. I love reading some of Warren Buffets quotes regarding this:

Quote:No matter how much or how little you’re buying, you should be able to get your reasoning down on paper without relying on outside resources, Buffett told Becky Quick on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” on Monday.

“Everybody when they buy a stock should be able to take a yellow pad” and write down exactly why they plan to invest in that particular company, Buffett said.
He also doesn’t think investors should worry about how the stock will perform in the near term. If you want to predict what the stock price is going to do, “you can have a separate piece of paper,” he said. Rather, Buffett recommends focusing on businesses that will hold their value over time. As he told CNBC in 2018, “nobody buys a farm based on whether they think it’s going to rain next year.”
“You’re buying businesses,” Buffett told Quick on Monday. Because people can “make decisions every second with stocks,” as opposed to investing in a physical entity like stores or farms, “they think an investment in stocks is different than an investment in a business. But it isn’t.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/24/warren-buffett-dont-buy-stocks-because-you-think-they-will-perform.html

This is what I am aiming for.  Currently I research through personal connection, meaning if I get an idea sparked my life in some way, I translate it to work or stock picking.
For example: the crisis caused fear of germs so I thought disinfectant and remembered a company I used to see over and over when I was working in fast food...ecolab, so I looked it up and bought it (it met all my buy signal criteria) on Monday and it made me 400 in profit today.  I am in the process of transitioning to investor, just takes time, lol. Which by the way the sub has increased my patience.

Bloomz 1 & 2 week 3

Body - body fat calipers say I’m at 19%.  Sticking to diet, easily.  I’m able to suck my stomach in a bit (had a pot belly). Havent had alcohol since new year’s.  
Mind - dehydration headaches, so focused on money I forget, lol, same with food, I am eating though
Soul - euphoria came back today, no aggression, no mood swings, calmer than usual.

This week I’m up 30%  with very promising outlook next week.  It’s important to note the compounding effect will be a multiplier effect substantially increasing gains.

My friend called me and told me something that I thought might anger me.  He started an account with only 44 usd on Monday.   He turned it into 1900 usd by today.  I was happy he told me.  The old me would’ve thought it was a taunt but the reality is he showed me what’s possible.  He has been doing this for a while so don’t expect the same results. 

I took some losses this week but had way way way more gains, in battle, wounds are necessary to feel the fear and turn it into excitement at the glory of victory.

Outside of the market, I played in a 20 man poker tournament...I took first place!  VICTORY! Paid 216 and entry to a bigger event tmr.  
I’ve been spoiling my nephew and niece lately, lol

Thank you for reading and stay safe

I made the cost of the sub from the poker tournament, too, lol
Almost 9x the cost this week.
I met another trader who has been teaching me and he made 7700 this week.
Actually meeting quite a few friendly mentorish traders. I guess social distancing increased social wanting, lol.
I’m learning a lot. Level up complete!
Next level...

RE: UMS funding my dreams - Shannon - 06-06-2020

How does one handle taxes with day trading? I'm presuming that what you are doing and talking about is called day trading... where you are focusing on fast profits from buying and selling in the short term. Taxes is one of the things I'm not sure I understand about trading just yet and haven't had a chance to read about it. It would seem incredibly easy to make money consistently by putting your money into, say, 10-20 good stocks, setting a sell order that only executes if and when it's up X%, and just leaving it alone until it sells. Then you go find some other stock, and do it again. Seems foolproof, as long as you're patient. But I don't want to get into tax hell.

RE: UMS funding my dreams - Omni3 - 06-06-2020

(06-06-2020, 08:55 AM)Shannon Wrote: How does one handle taxes with day trading?  I'm presuming that what you are doing and talking about is called day trading... where you are focusing on fast profits from buying and selling in the short term.  Taxes is one of the things I'm not sure I understand about trading just yet and haven't had a chance to read about it.  It would seem incredibly easy to make money consistently by putting your money into, say, 10-20 good stocks, setting a sell order that only executes if and when it's up X%, and just leaving it alone until it sells.  Then you go find some other stock, and do it again.  Seems foolproof, as long as you're patient.  But I don't want to get into tax hell.

Have a look at Worden's TC2000. That might be up your street - as it has an "Easy Scan" ability so you can quickly find stocks to focus on. Tax is a whole nuther issue...

RE: UMS funding my dreams - Money maker - 06-07-2020

(06-06-2020, 08:55 AM)Shannon Wrote: How does one handle taxes with day trading?  
Taxes? What are those, lol?

I'm presuming that what you are doing and talking about is called day trading... where you are focusing on fast profits from buying and selling in the short term.
Ah semantics, thy be a bitch, I am but not since I like to hold stocks for more than 24 hours, day traders strictly trade in same day only.

Taxes is one of the things I'm not sure I understand about trading just yet and haven't had a chance to read about it.  
Me too, I must check on that soon but I think I pay 40%of my profit goes to taxes.

It would seem incredibly easy to make money consistently by putting your money into, say, 10-20 good stocks, setting a sell order that only executes if and when it's up X%, and just leaving it alone until it sells.  Then you go find some other stock, and do it again.  Seems foolproof, as long as you're patient.  But I don't want to get into tax hell.
Only looks like a hell and do I sense a little resistance about taxes, hmm? Jk.  
Easy but slower than I want to go.  It’s good but as more of a passive income, like a sub, set it and forget it.

RE: UMS funding my dreams - Money maker - 06-07-2020

Day 3 & 4 bloomover w3

Body - stomach looking flatter, need more cardio
Mind - focused driven
Soul - emotional breakdown happened last night

Last night a tear came to my eye as I got knocked out at 4th place in the bigger poker tournament taking home 150.
I was sad but let it run through and am good now.
I am seeing more consistent gains like my mind is organizing my life to align with money and it’s accrual
I notice my attitude recovery is really good. When I misplace something or need something, I have faith it will appear and let go and boom it’s shows up!
When your passion is making money, it makes making money easier.
I am not a typical wall st wanna be. I just need capital to do what I want and I am pretty good at this so I will use my strength to build a foundation and then build a business.

Can I listen to 1 loop as a booster before I play a tournament because I had a feeling that I should have listened to a loop but I consciously ‘rationalized’ that it was only the 3rd day of bloom and should wait?

This brings me to shifting my listening days to the weekend to bloom during work week.
Thanks for reading and let’s thrive!

RE: UMS funding my dreams - Money maker - 06-08-2020

Day 1 week 4

Body - no change
Mind - focused on work
Soul - nothing to note

9am market looking up
9:30 market looking up
10am red red red
I was down but all I could think about was “What was my next move?”.
I was calm and knew I could climb out and I did.
I ended the day green up 3% of my total portfolio.
Profit is profit.

I met someone who made 40k today on Nikola, supposed to be the next Tesla but it’s way over valued and will drop after the hype.
I am constantly reading about different companies as Buffet said is true, know where your money is gonna go.
I am learning a lot about long term investing now to apply to my 20% fund.

I did notice fear in my trading today as I hesitated a few times which I missed out on gains. I rationalized this as ‘there are plenty of opportunities to come”. And there are.
I am starting to see myself making more, as in, I now believe it’s possible like I didn’t believe it before. Specifically one trade I have currently. Almost like a premonition.

Thank you for this sub

Oh, also, I met someone who quit his job to trade full time and he just hit the million mark in his portfolio!
I’m seeing it. I’m meeting people who did it. I’m doing it. Nuff said.

RE: UMS funding my dreams - Shannon - 06-09-2020

I learned about Nikola by an article that said its founder said he could "out Elon" Elon. So they copy the naming architecture... and the copy the goal... and they back hydrogen fuel cell... and they have a founder who thinks he's better at doing this than Elon... I just have to laugh. No qualms about owning no stock in Nikola.

Nikola will cash and burn if all they're focused on is hydrogen. Or they will get into a niche and stay small, that's my bet. Hydrogen makes no sense to me.

RE: UMS funding my dreams - Money maker - 06-19-2020

(06-09-2020, 02:22 PM)Shannon Wrote: I learned about Nikola by an article that said its founder said he could "out Elon" Elon.  So they copy the naming architecture... and the copy the goal... and they back hydrogen fuel cell... and they have a founder who thinks he's better at doing this than Elon... I just have to laugh.  No qualms about owning no stock in Nikola.

Nikola will cash and burn if all they're focused on is hydrogen.  Or they will get into a niche and stay small, that's my bet.  Hydrogen makes no sense to me.

Nikola is funny.  True, hydrogen focused no bueno.  They have “plans” for a lot of things but nothing concrete.  They could do great things...could.  News is just someone telling their version of a story, printed word of mouth.  I don’t read one book on a subject then say ok that’s good enough for me.  I obsess till satisfied.

They are copy cats though, lol.

Week 4 & 5

Body - weight loss noticeable, low energy levels, slight headaches
Mind - still focused and motivated
Soul - spats of aggression here and there, calm about my financial future

Lately the headaches feel like detox headaches. My guess is from the weight loss and when I forget to eat.

Week 4 ended with resistance because I panicked a few times and made mistakes and lost money.

Week 5 upped my loops to 3 loops per session, slightly inconsistent because it wasn’t set to repeat.

Started the week on fire, almost doubled my entire account with strategies that I had learned during week 4!
I made some rookie mistakes and lost 75% of my gains, wed - today. Up 25% for the week.
Every week I learn something that helps my trades.
I am now at a point where I can “realistically” see myself as a full time investor by Christmas.
I am still currently a real estate developer which is what will create a great roi in a few years.
Scratched YouTubing for now as I am not ready to set it up yet, near future.
I started journaling my trades. I am constantly researching. I obsess about my work.

The sub is digging me out of my financial slump. I feel good about money. It’s really great!

Here is my watchlist for long term investors:
Sony-sne- covid second wave will up sales of at home entertainment, buy now because PS5 comes out this Christmas season
Microsoft - msft- same but they have X-Box coming out same time
Apple - aapl - it’s Apple, nuff said
Tesla - tsla - it’s Elon, nuff said

These are my actual plays from this week, well some of. I am not looking for killer profits, that’s just a bonus. I am just looking to profit and compound.
When I am ready, I will post my long term portfolio so everyone can learn to make money for retirement, those who read this journal. Eventually it will be my YouTube channel once I build my resume/portfolio.
My stock picks are about 75% winners. That just picking %, not value, lol.
Actually it’s closer to 90% this week, my mistakes were execution, greed, and inexperience related.

Will check in, in a few weeks
I plan to listen only to this sub for a while. When I plateau I will upgrade to whatever Shannon has or a custom build.

Thanks everyone for reading

I want to add that I don’t sleep much during the week. 4-6 hours m-f. I sleep a lot on the weekends as much as I can.

RE: UMS funding my dreams - Money maker - 07-04-2020

I’ve been upping the loops and resistance has escalated.
I believe these results came from increased loops:
Body: tired
Mind: exhausted
Soul: last noticeable sign of aggression was from drinking and not eating on Father’s Day

I have been riding a downward slope of resistance. I stopped increasing loops because resistance has caused monetary losses.
The last two weeks have been rough for me. My main brokerage account was almost wiped out completely. The last two weeks, my choices were poor. Fear played a major role in my decisions and it seemed like...a nightmare.
My plans were solid. My entry points were near perfect. Exiting my positions, now this is where I had all my issues. I had no faith. I kept focusing on my mistakes. I kept listening to criticism. I kept spinning downwards. My attitude was of, it’ll be ok, but my focus kept shifting to my mistakes and mistakes kept happening. Currently all I have is about 800 usd worth of a stock that is losing value, which my friend suggested I cut my losses and start from scratch. Which is hard to do after losing thousands.
My prediction was that it was to go up in value Thursday since Friday was closed (typically it rises on fridays), I guess the holiday played a factor. My friend, who is a decent trader, says it will keep going down for a while. My gut and research says there will be a spike, an opportunity for me to recover.
This is a dangerous game. Especially with the market manipulation.
I was feeling helpless and thought I would ask for advice but I chose to just let go and pig out.
I ate so much pizza and ice cream and junk food to the point where I couldn’t anymore.
I went for a jog to sweat out the crap.
I feel better. Sometimes you just need a cheat day.
I also feel like I will be profitable on my current trade. I will not sell. I will stick to my guns on this. Most of my mistakes were from second guessing my plays.

I am decreasing my loops as I cannot afford to lose profit because of resistance caused by impatience
This past week I did 4,4,3 loops which was too many.

Thanks for reading

RE: UMS funding my dreams - findingme - 07-05-2020

Thanks for being so honest in your sharings. I'm not a trader, but a marketer presently. I've traded for very short periods in years past, but because I was clueless and untrained, I pulled out, knowing I was merely gambling.

I wanted to thank you for sharing the mental processes going on, for I've heard that being good mentally (fearwise, mostly) is an absolute key to success when trading. People often talk generally about it, but rarely share their thinking when in the hotseat. Me reading your experiences gives me courage, as I've wanted to trade markets (forex mostly), but have not found a good system yet.

Thank you for being real here.