Subliminal Talk
Loops in VLC - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Loops in VLC (/Thread-Loops-in-VLC)

Loops in VLC - fab10 - 05-03-2020

I’m using iOS version.

If I have the same track two or three times in a playlist (which is required for playing an exact number of loops back to back), VLC only plays it once. Am I missing something? Or can anyone suggest a different FLAC player for iOS that gets the job done?

RE: Loops in VLC - fab10 - 05-05-2020

(05-03-2020, 04:54 PM)fab10 Wrote: I’m using iOS version.

If I have the same track two or three times in a playlist (which is required for playing an exact number of loops back to back), VLC only plays it once. Am I missing something? Or can anyone suggest a different FLAC player for iOS that gets the job done?

So I managed to make it work, I was going to proudly publish my findings on this forum... not a day goes by and an update drops that breaks everything. VLC for iOS is now useless until the next update. And I am left with no way to play the same track several times back to back.

I am now looking into converting FLAC to ALAC so I can use the native Music app.

RE: Loops in VLC - Shannon - 05-10-2020

VLC is great on Linux. Unfortunately, on cell phones, they don't seem to have much of a clue what they're doing. Cross platform is great, if you're NetBSD and you can hold it together across all platforms, but the VLC team apparently can't. I don't run iOS, but I found the solution for me was Pulsar. I don't know if they have an iOS version. I do know there are a number of players that run on iOS that will play FLAC, other than VLC. You should exhaust those options before trying to convert it to ALAC.

RE: Loops in VLC - AbundanceCH - 05-13-2020

(05-03-2020, 04:54 PM)fab10 Wrote: Or can anyone suggest a different FLAC player for iOS that gets the job done?
Evermusic

It’s the only IOS player I have found that lets you do whatever you want.  Whether you want to repeat the same track a specific amount of times or mix two tracks.  You can customize your playlist whatever way you want.

However, from what I read it doesn’t support FLAC yet but you can play mp3s.

Shannon, you might want to include this in a faq somewhere for all those people using Apple devices.  I had this same issue for years until I found evermusic.

RE: Loops in VLC - fab10 - 05-13-2020

(05-13-2020, 02:03 PM)AbundanceCH Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 04:54 PM)fab10 Wrote: Or can anyone suggest a different FLAC player for iOS that gets the job done?
Evermusic

It’s the only IOS player I have found that lets you do whatever you want.  Whether you want to repeat the same track a specific amount of times or mix two tracks.  You can customize your playlist whatever way you want.

However, from what I read it doesn’t support FLAC yet but you can play mp3s.

Shannon, you might want to include this in a faq somewhere for all those people using Apple devices.  I had this same issue for years until I found evermusic.

No FLAC support is a deal breaker for me. It does support WAV, I suppose one could convert FLAC to WAV with no quality loss, just a big file. 
Am I correct in assuming that FLAC to WAV conversion would keep 100% of the (subliminal) data?

For now I am using FLAC Player+, it doesn’t support including the same track more than once in a playlist, so I duplicated the track for DRS (triplicate for EPRHA) and added it with different names. Also a waste of space but gets the job done.

RE: Loops in VLC - Shannon - 05-15-2020

Wav is lossless. FLAC is lossless. Transcoding from FLAC to WAV should simply be a decompress. Might mess with the tags. Will kill the SHA256 sum hash.