Subliminal Talk
ARA Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: ARA Journal (/Thread-ARA-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: ARA Journal - Shannon - 02-26-2020

FRM 4.9 is slow going right now. I have a lot of things to do before I can build it, and those things are basically allowing me to build it. It's a little like taking cotton, and removing the seeds, and then combing it so all the fibers are going the same direction, and then spinning it into threads, so that you can then spin the threads into cords and the cords into the final product, rope. Everything else needs to be done before you can make the cords into rope.

I'm looking forward to it also, but this isn't something I can get wrong, so we are proceeding with care and precision. That takes a while. You know how I work - I don't care how long it takes, as long as I make it as close to perfect for correctness and quality as I can make it. So it's in the works, but it's in "pre-process" right now, where we are assembling the parts and assessing how to build them. 4.8 is monstrously complex, and 4.9 is probably going to double or triple that complexity. And I have to get it done safely and correctly.

But I have figured out how to make USLM 4.2, so we are good on that part.

RE: ARA Journal - THolt - 02-26-2020

(02-26-2020, 09:22 AM)Shannon Wrote: FRM 4.9 is slow going right now.  I have a lot of things to do before I can build it, and those things are basically allowing me to build it.  It's a little like taking cotton, and removing the seeds, and then combing it so all the fibers are going the same direction, and then spinning it into threads, so that you can then spin the threads into cords and the cords into the final product, rope.  Everything else needs to be done before you can make the cords into rope.

I'm looking forward to it also, but this isn't something I can get wrong, so we are proceeding with care and precision.  That takes a while.  You know how I work - I don't care how long it takes, as long as I make it as close to perfect for correctness and quality as I can make it.  So it's in the works, but it's in "pre-process" right now, where we are assembling the parts and assessing how to build them.  4.8 is monstrously complex, and 4.9 is probably going to double or triple that complexity.  And I have to get it done safely and correctly.

Good to hear. 

I figured it would be a long and arduous process. 

If you don’t mind me asking, what new things are going into USLM 4.2.

RE: ARA Journal - Shannon - 02-26-2020

(02-26-2020, 10:09 AM)THolt Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 09:22 AM)Shannon Wrote: FRM 4.9 is slow going right now.  I have a lot of things to do before I can build it, and those things are basically allowing me to build it.  It's a little like taking cotton, and removing the seeds, and then combing it so all the fibers are going the same direction, and then spinning it into threads, so that you can then spin the threads into cords and the cords into the final product, rope.  Everything else needs to be done before you can make the cords into rope.

I'm looking forward to it also, but this isn't something I can get wrong, so we are proceeding with care and precision.  That takes a while.  You know how I work - I don't care how long it takes, as long as I make it as close to perfect for correctness and quality as I can make it.  So it's in the works, but it's in "pre-process" right now, where we are assembling the parts and assessing how to build them.  4.8 is monstrously complex, and 4.9 is probably going to double or triple that complexity.  And I have to get it done safely and correctly.

Good to hear. 

4.2 is not about new things.  It's about making the 4.x series achieve its goals.

RE: ARA Journal - THolt - 02-26-2020

(02-26-2020, 12:05 PM)Shannon Wrote:

Good to hear. 

4.2 is not about new things.  It's about making the 4.x series achieve its goals.

Oh ok. Looking forward to it. 

I really enjoyed USLM 3.0. Hope 4.2 is better Smile

RE: ARA Journal - Shannon - 02-29-2020

(02-26-2020, 02:05 PM)THolt Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 12:05 PM)Shannon Wrote:

Good to hear. 

Oh ok. Looking forward to it. 

I really enjoyed USLM 3.0. Hope 4.2 is better Smile

My goal is to make 4.2 everything people loved about 3.0, but better.  So we shall see.

RE: ARA Journal - THolt - 03-02-2020

@

Lately I have been feeling unworthy. Unworthy of the goals I want to achieve. I feel like other people are more worthy than I or are better than me.
I didn't exactly have the most supportive parents. This has been a constant issue for me but it has been very subtle.
I have always felt like the black sheep of the family. Everyone is allowed to be successful except me. It's ridiculous. I want to overcome these insecurities and be successful.
Hopefully FRM can do this. 
When I was running UMS I felt like I was making some breakthroughs but then progress kinda stalled. I think making UMS into a multi stager will work a lot better.