Subliminal Talk
Shannon's Journal, Volume 3 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Shannon's Journal, Volume 3 (/Thread-Shannon-s-Journal-Volume-3)

RE: Shannon's Journal, Volume 3 - Shannon - 01-18-2024

And now coming back from the dead... again. Got better, went out a couple times, got hit with several people sick, got sick, crashed again. Now coming back. Whew, this month is nasty!

I should be able to return to forum duty soon, if not tomorrow.

Currently working on 6G skeleton script development.

Will most likely be working on EHPRA next, still determining what can be done to improve ME.

RE: Shannon's Journal, Volume 3 - Shannon - 01-19-2024

I have realized something today:

We have a policy that conflicts with our store.

Right now, we have a policy that if you purchase anything within a certain number of days of the release of the next version, the upgrade is the difference between them in price. But this conflicts because I can no longer prevent this from happening by shutting down the program in question: to do so would interrupt subscriptions.

Therefore, I am going to alter our policy with regards to this as follows, for EHPRA v6 and find a longer term solution a bit later.

For EHPRA v6, anyone who purchased a copy of EHPRA v5 before I announced the work I am doing on v6 today, the standard policy applies. For anyone who purchases it after I announced that I am working on EHPRA v6, there is no recourse: you have to pay full price for v6. If you do not want to pay full price for v6 on top of paying for v5, please do not buy EHPRA v5; wait and purchase or subscribe to v6.

RE: Shannon's Journal, Volume 3 - Shannon - 01-20-2024

To prevent issues with people potentially buying EHPRA v5, I have set the product to track inventory, set inventory to 0 and then told the back end to stop allowing sales when inventory has run out. This will prevent you from buying a downloadable copy, and this will allow a fair execution of our policy meant to protect customers from buying something, only to have a new version show up shortly thereafter.

However, you can still subscribe. I allowed this because we do still have multiple people subscribing to it.

I strongly recommend that you not subscribe to it if you are not already using it, because it takes months to get good value from and it will be replaced by v6 in the not too distant future. When it is replaced, the subscription option for it will be turned off at some point, and you'll be able to subscribe instead to v6. I am hard at work producing v6 right now.

Thanks for your patronage and supporting Indigo Mind Labs!

RE: Shannon's Journal, Volume 3 - Shannon - 01-22-2024

Just finished several days of calculating the configuration values for the EHPRA v6 program and re-calculating and verifying and re-verifying. This is... eye opening, to say the least. I'm honestly not sure I can even build this. The structural support script for an impact rating this high is going to be enormous! But... if I actually can build this, it will definitely be the absolute furthest limits of what I can push 5.11G to achieve for this script. The only way I will be able to upgrade it from here for more impact is if I build it in 6G.

So... if you liked EHPRA v5, and you want more... or if you felt like v5 couldn't quite get all of the stuff done... or you have extreme traumas to deal with... well, this is going to make v5 look like a paper airplane thrown by hand compared to the SR-71 Blackbird running its engines at full thrust and full afterburner. I know the analogy seems a bit ridiculous, but I am trying to convey how ridiculous this level of impact is, especially compared to what it was in v5. The analogy is pretty accurate, in my opinion. This level of impact is just that: ridiculous.

Off to start building the structural support script. Let's see how this goes.

RE: Shannon's Journal, Volume 3 - Shannon - 01-26-2024

Performing a system backup. Then I will clear a few hundred gigabytes of space and start recording the actual audio of the script. This ought to be interesting.

RE: Shannon's Journal, Volume 3 - Shannon - 01-27-2024

To my amazement, I have actually found a way to build this program, as far as I can tell. This is the most audio I have ever had to work with, so processing is deadly slow, even with a high speed SSD. But it's happening. I'm working as fast as read/write speeds will allow me to.

RE: Shannon's Journal, Volume 3 - Shannon - 01-28-2024

Build is going well so far, in spite of some strangeness that results when I attempt to multitask too hard. With any luck we will have the program built and uploaded on Jan 29th, and we'll get it live ASAP. EHPRA v6 is looking like an absolute beast, and I believe it will be very well received.

RE: Shannon's Journal, Volume 3 - Shannon - 01-29-2024

Preparing to upload EHPRA v6 shortly.

It is so powerful that just listening to a few seconds of each track to verify that it was built correctly has had a noticeable effect on me the next day. And yet it is so smooth that if I wasn't paying attention, it would have seemed like it was just an unusually good day today. I can't wait to see what comes out of the models for usage patterns on this thing!

Also, for those of you having issues with not being able to use subscriptions, we have got your back. We are currently working with a developer to seek out and correct the issue and where it is reasonable, we will be issuing refunds. This is a valid reason to do so.

[shannon@localhost Compressed]$ sha256sum *

e2a68f12cace1dfb6f8c372b108a457cd8a0e1f22bd35bcfdc3f80f0014c9e34 EHPRA_v6_5p11G_HDA_Hybrid_Subliminal_(Ocean_Surf_Silent).flac

7566260b2ec3239449e559c7e94876dc54c2de406796f2fc3e44d757bbb8fe16 EHPRA_v6_5p11G_HDA_Hybrid_Subliminal_(Trickling_Stream_Silent).flac

d87bffc63d783fd58caff78a4afa60a3ae994e5b60ec4cbb5c22edcf2fd5c92a EHPRA_v6_5p11G_HDA_Masked_Subliminal_(Ocean_Surf).flac

5ff70c7de7951924ff954348925494054b6fd6f36a14a8ab741a1376e1c78a1b EHPRA_v6_5p11G_HDA_Masked_Subliminal_(Trickling_Stream).flac

f6d13bf121d30ef7d0781e6ec0e69f46ff32dc92c7035998ac2225757de39f88 EHPRA_v6_5p11G_HDA_Ultrasonic_Subliminal_(Silent).flac

[shannon@localhost Compressed]$sha256sum *.txt

fb68b7789123dc55c3f87b44795ee61d87eb7a6a3380f939c96baef5c481e584 EHPRAv6_SHA256Sum_Hashes.txt

[shannon@localhost Compressed]$

This is taking an unusually long time to upload...

Please note that this program is showing all the signs of being as extremely powerful as I would expect from the impact rating it has.  Because of this, it is VERY important that you use it specifically and exactly as instructed.  Do not try to rely on AutoConfig for this program.  Usage time is 15 minutes per day on.  Don't try to be slick and loop it, or use it for longer than that.  Don't "forget".  Don't allow for mistakes.  You will overload yourself.  If there is any risk of having it play too long, then listen while you are awake, and watch your phone.  Make sure it turns off at 15 minutes, and set a timer if need be.  This one is a monster powerhouse, and may be the program with the highest impact rating I have ever published.  Too much is NOT a good thing.

Well, as has been par for the course lately, we are experiencing technical difficulties... again. This time, it's uploading the files to the back end of Shopify, which is going at a snail's pace and failing when it finishes. I just did a test where I uploaded the entire set of files to S3, and it finished before the first file was 44% uploaded to Shopify. So I have alerted our resident tech wizard and we shall see what we can do.

It is definitely living up to my prediction, this cycle of disruption. What fun.

RE: Shannon's Journal, Volume 3 - Shannon - 01-30-2024

At the moment, we are effectively dead in the water for publishing new titles. I cannot find a way to get the uploads to the back end of Shopify to succeed. We have the dev working on it, but I don't know how quickly that will go down. So far this cycle of disruption I predicted about a year ago has not only disrupted, it has disrupted EVERYTHANG.

But... I know that this disruption is breaking everything old so we can start on a new path, and this new path will lead to much greater success. So it's a PITA, but it's going to work out in IML's favor eventually.

So please be patient with us while we deal with everything breaking... at his point there's not much else that can break, knock on wood. The worst part is, because of the particulars of this influence, everything is effectively breaking in slow motion, and there doesn't seem to be much we can do to speed things up for fixing it.

Just know that we're going as fast as we can, and whatever happens, we have your back. Thank you for your support, your understanding and your patience while we get this dealt with.

RE: Shannon's Journal, Volume 3 - Shannon - 01-31-2024

I am using this involuntary down time to work on the scripting that will transform 5.11G into 6G. This is a truly amazing moment... you and I have been waiting for this for 12 years! It feels good to be working on this.

RE: Shannon's Journal, Volume 3 - Shannon - 02-02-2024

Alright, I think everything is ready for publishing E6, but I have to finish one final edit and double check one instruction point. So at this point, we'll be publishing tomorrow (Feb 3rd, 2024).