Subliminal Talk
Ultimate Monetary Success 5.5G Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Ultimate Monetary Success 5.5G Journal (/Thread-Ultimate-Monetary-Success-5-5G-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3

Ultimate Monetary Success 5.5G Journal - Ampersnd - 07-26-2019

Money - and how to keep it - is something that I shouldn't have to think so much about, but it consumes an enormous part of my thoughts. I work a fairly menial job, but it is very convenient and fairly well paid. I live in a small town with a very reasonable cost of living (except gas). After taxes, my expenses, and a couple of little indulgences, I can consistently save around 1,500 CND per month (2,000 if I focus).

However, my circumstances have caused a cycle of fear which has encouraged a monotonous way of living life. Here's how:
- I live in a town in which I know I don't want to spend more than a few years living;
- However, the cost of living is so low that I like the extra money I pocket at the end of the month;
- If I leave this town for a more metropolitan town, then I'll lose most of that extra money.
- The nature of my job is fairly easy and menial, but it pays well.
- If I leave this line of work and take risks, I lose the accreditation and lose my earning potential.
- Therefore, I've elected to stay in my current city and my current job.

Money affects the work I do, the city I live in, the car I drive, the place I live, how social I am, where I travel, and a variety of other things that I'm probably not even aware.

I'd like to use UMS to get money to stick to me more easily, and to get me comfortable with the idea of making a change in my life.

Right now, I'm learning a variety of skills to increase my skill set and productivity.
I'm learning Python at the moment to become more salable in the tech world.

I'm listening to my first loop right now.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success 5.5G Journal - EvolvingPhoenix - 07-26-2019

I wish you the best in your use of USM. I'm sure it will help you out of this situation.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success 5.5G Journal - Ampersnd - 07-26-2019

After Loop 1,

Holy mackerel; I'm experiencing some emotional turmoil. I had some before running my first loop - feeling myself in a crabby mood - but it's been turned up to 10. Those feelings were playing off my feelings expressed at the end of my last journal. Some frustrations about how my love/sex life feels consistently stalled out.

Was at a bar with some friends from martial arts and I was keeping to myself. To be honest, thoughts of suicide and ending it right then and there came up. Feeling fuming rage. I realize that it's part of the process.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success 5.5G Journal - Ampersnd - 07-27-2019

(07-26-2019, 09:01 PM)Ampersnd Wrote: After Loop 1,

Holy mackerel; I'm experiencing some emotional turmoil. I had some before running my first loop - feeling myself in a crabby mood - but it's been turned up to 10. Those feelings were playing off my feelings expressed at the end of my last journal. Some frustrations about how my love/sex life feels consistently stalled out.

Was at a bar with some friends from martial arts and I was keeping to myself. To be honest, thoughts of suicide and ending it right then and there came up. Feeling fuming rage. I realize that it's part of the process.

No worries. I just work up and feel much better and more neutral.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success 5.5G Journal - Ampersnd - 07-29-2019

Day 3, After 3 consecutive days of loops,

The suicidal and rage-filled feelings are subsiding, and I'm feeling much more neutral.
I don't feel like going to my martial arts class, though.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success 5.5G Journal - Ampersnd - 07-30-2019

Day 5, after 4 consecutive days of loops,

I got some surprise money yesterday (DISCLAIMER: my work paid me back 400 $ that I put towards a conference/hotel); I don't need the money, but it makes my bank account look a bit nicer.

Also, my work productivity has been very good; I've been up and about (out of my office), figuring out work details and closing down referrals with speed.
When I got home, I started working on my Python app, and I put in about 2-3 hours without much interruption. I was struggling with getting a sequence of while loops to coordinate with each other - one loop depended on what the other did - and only figured it out in the last 15 minutes. Fortunately, this sequence applies to a variety of steps in my project, so I enjoyed a nice productivity boost at the very end. A nice feeling.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success 5.5G Journal - Ampersnd - 07-31-2019

Day 6,

Got my blue belt in BJJ today. Also got my new phone today.

I'm finding that sums of money relevant to my life are becoming "not that much".
My current salary? Not that much.
The amount of money that I'm saving (which is still considerable)? Not that much.
The amount that I'm considering spending on a motorcycle safety course? Not that much (though I'm still waiting to pull the trigger).

I think that my expectations are being adjusted to where making the leap to making money will be lessened.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success 5.5G Journal - Paul1131 - 08-01-2019

(07-31-2019, 06:53 PM)Ampersnd Wrote: Day 6,

Got my blue belt in BJJ today. Also got my new phone today.

I'm finding that sums of money relevant to my life are becoming "not that much".
My current salary? Not that much.
The amount of money that I'm saving (which is still considerable)? Not that much.
The amount that I'm considering spending on a motorcycle safety course? Not that much (though I'm still waiting to pull the trigger).

I think that my expectations are being adjusted to where making the leap to making money will be lessened.

Congratulations on the belt man!!  BJJ belts are not easy to earn, and that’s how martial arts are supposed to be.  My reward for getting through the tough time I’m currently in is to start training again after ten years out of it.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success 5.5G Journal - Ampersnd - 08-02-2019

Day 7,

Running through another loop today. Had to step away from it for 30 seconds or so. Oh well.

I'm having a tough time pulling the trigger for buying this plane ticket worth 1650 CAD (of course, I was saying "not that much" when money was not on the line). The cancellation/change of plan policy is what gets me ("for a fee")

I still have two months to book it, but I want to get it before it books up.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success 5.5G Journal - Ampersnd - 08-11-2019

Day 16,

I haven't had any financial breakthroughs, but money has been leaving my hands a bit faster than usual. These involve purchases that I've been anticipating, but finally pulled the trigger on since starting this subliminal.

I am worrying a lot about growing older... BUT, only if I'm not going to achieve success before then. Old(er) and rich is fine, but old and broke sucks ass. Since I'm middle class and generally dateless, I don't want to become old, middle class, and generally dateless.

I've been building my coding skills by working on a Python app. It will soon be coming to a head, where I'll be able to use it for quantum leaps in work productivity. I can't wait for that point.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success 5.5G Journal - ncbeareatingman - 08-12-2019

(08-11-2019, 07:18 PM)Ampersnd Wrote: Day 16,

I haven't had any financial breakthroughs, but money has been leaving my hands a bit faster than usual. These involve purchases that I've been anticipating, but finally pulled the trigger on since starting this subliminal.

I am worrying a lot about growing older... BUT, only if I'm not going to achieve success before then. Old(er) and rich is fine, but old and broke sucks ass. Since I'm middle class and generally dateless, I don't want to become old, middle class, and generally dateless.

I've been building my coding skills by working on a Python app. It will soon be coming to a head, where I'll be able to use it for quantum leaps in work productivity. I can't wait for that point.

Awesome Man. I dont think you'll be older,no money and without a partner....UMS is doing some incredible things 'underneath' the hood....."Road underconstruction" once thats done the coast will be clear of a super highway for success and money...! MOre power to ya Amper-Man!!

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success 5.5G Journal - Ampersnd - 08-12-2019

Day 17,

I did another loop today, and starting coming across some demons relating to money:
"Everything costs too much, it's hard to earn money, and leveling up my finances will be very difficult without a ton of work."

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success 5.5G Journal - Ampersnd - 08-21-2019

Day 26,

**Please don't use the below paragraph as a testimonial, given that there are no tangible monetary results related to it**

A few things that I've noticed:
  • I'm feeling fundamentally different from the last couple of days.
  • I'm feeling much more confident; I'm standing more erect and have been shedding some stress. I think this is because I've been able to figure out things that had previously been shrouded in mystery. I completed a motorcycle safety course and passed with no faults. I've also been able to understand the very basics of C++, a computer programming language that I had been told was 'incredibly difficult'; it (the basics, at least) has a similar syntax to JavaScript (which I'm aware is based in C languages). No one can really hold a lack of technical information over my head, given that I could probably figure it out.
  • I've increased my productivity at work with measures such as PhraseExpress to the point that I'm already caught up on my week's tasks as of Wednesday (my Thursday and Friday have become VERY open).
  • I'm very close to completing version 1 of my Python bot, which will increase my productivity exponentially, converting my working time into professional development time (including coding languages, business work, or potentially job applications).
  • When I consider that the city I want to live in has higher real estate prices than my city, or that commute might be tougher, or the daily grinds would suck, I realize that I always have the 'out' of creating a business, and automating a lot of the busy work. That way, my reward will be proportionate with the work I put in. I know for a fact that I'm much more productive than 95% of the workforce.
I'll run another loop tonight.

RE: Ultimate Monetary Success 5.5G Journal - Shannon - 08-21-2019

What's the best resource you know of for learning Python?