Subliminal Talk
Steve's UMS Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Steve's UMS Journal (/Thread-Steve-s-UMS-Journal)

Pages: 1 2

Steve's UMS Journal - Steve_ - 07-24-2019

I know, I know, I rarely post - and even when I do, I tend to be a very private person. This is why I have avoided creating journals in the past, but it would simply be rude not to share my experiences with UMS so far because of how great it's been.

Day 1
I started using UMS the first day it was released. I have not been very scientific about keeping track of my usage, so perhaps with this Journal I will become better at that. I followed the 1:7 schedule at first, listening for 1 loop on release day and then endured 7 days of non-listening. My first loop was incredible. My head felt a bit tingley, hard to describe, but not unwelcome. The next 3 days after that I felt like a race car driver. Also hard to describe. It was like watching a movie about a guy who becomes a self-made millionaire - I simply knew that I would be rich, and could almost feel the money chasing me, but was unaware of how it would arrive nor what I had to do next to earn it. 

day 4 - 7+ 
On Day 4 I began experiencing resistance. It was quite clear that I was working through quite a lot. Fear of success, fear of what it might take to achieve success and fear of failing and disappointing others if I failed. On day 8, when Shannon decided to open up UMS to be listened to however the user felt was best, I decided to do 4 loops over the next 4 days. Lots and lots of resistance. More evidence of stuff going on under the hood, fear, adrenaline, the whole 9 yards. 

Now, on day - what, 6 or 7 perhaps, of bloom - I am feeling quite a positive shift overall. I can communicate better it seems, and I have a glow about me that others are picking up on. 

I'll paste this, with a few modifications, from my post in Shannon's UMS Journal I made today. 

Quote:I sat down the other day and made a spreadsheet of my monthly expenses. Turns out I've been bogged down because all my bills hit my account within the same week, so now I'm moving those payments around and have way more disposable income than I previously thought. So, I went ahead and bought a new toy for my car  Whistle

My boss informed me that by the end of the year he wants me to have a promotion. Certain criteria must be met to fulfill this and he is working with me to make this happen. Very exciting. And yes - I do work full time, and at a very well known tech company. I can't tell you where, but I can tell you they make CPUs. I do back-end stuff for these IML hooligans as more of a hobby really, but of course it's not charity work either, which only helps to support my very expensive car hobby!  Hehe

The gf has had insanely good luck lately. Her current jobs:
1) Chiropractor (hates this job) 
2) TA at chiropractic college 
3) Aerial gym instructor (the gym and people suck)

So what happened lately?
1) She put in her 2 weeks notice at the chiropractor gig. Her boss wrote her a check for her remaining 2 weeks and told her to just enjoy the summer and take 2 weeks off. WHO DOES THAT??
2) Fingers crossed, she applied to be in the school's radiology program as an intern in the winter and she absolutely can't wait to hear back. The director already told her that she's a shoe-in. (Only 1 applicant gets accepted)
3) She got hired by a different aerial gym! They are much more friendly and pay more than double per hour what the last gym did. 
4) Got hired to be a fill-in chiropractor with another company. $350 per day - wow. The hours are not constant but if she works 5 days in a month she will have already made more than her last chiropractic job which was full time. 

Another testimony of UMS more than paying for itself, and heck, it hasn't even been a month yet.

So, to say the least, I'm very happy with UMS so far! More to come.

RE: Steve's UMS Journal - THolt - 07-24-2019

Great journal so far steve. This makes me want UMS even more.

RE: Steve's UMS Journal - Omni3 - 07-25-2019

(07-24-2019, 05:07 PM)THolt Wrote: Great journal so far steve. This makes me want UMS even more.

Ditto

RE: Steve's UMS Journal - Steve_ - 07-25-2019

Almost forgot to mention - the gf decided that we would start going to the gym 5 days a week at 7am. Ouch, lol. It was hard at first but determination prevailed and it feels good to get up and achieve something so early. We have tried doing this in the past but it never worked. Its been, about 3 weeks now and we're still going strong.

RE: Steve's UMS Journal - Steve_ - 07-26-2019

Mental bookmark, Friday July 26th
I listened to one loop last night.

Couldn't sleep much last night. More evidence of FRM doing it's thing. It's a funny thing to experience; this constant fear and simultaneous resolve of that fear. It feels like adrenaline and triumph.

RE: Steve's UMS Journal - Steve_ - 07-31-2019

Still lots of fear being worked on. Turns out I was screaming in my sleep last night? Oops.

RE: Steve's UMS Journal - THolt - 07-31-2019

(07-31-2019, 09:21 AM)Steve_ Wrote: Still lots of fear being worked on. Turns out I was screaming in my sleep last night? Oops.

Are you running more than one loop a day? 
I ran an extra loop yesterday and feel wiped out today. 
I do feel as if something is being worked too. So I guess the extra loop was worth it

RE: Steve's UMS Journal - Steve_ - 08-01-2019

(07-31-2019, 09:40 AM)THolt Wrote: Are you running more than one loop a day? 
I ran an extra loop yesterday and feel wiped out today. 
I do feel as if something is being worked too. So I guess the extra loop was worth it

No, Just one loop within 24 hours. I'm sticking to 1:7 for now so I'll start my next loop on saturday.

RE: Steve's UMS Journal - Zane - 08-01-2019

(07-31-2019, 09:21 AM)Steve_ Wrote: Still lots of fear being worked on. Turns out I was screaming in my sleep last night? Oops.

I had this when I started USLM3. Although I am now on antidepressants so it helps me a little. 

Not saying you should be on meds. Just telling my experience.

RE: Steve's UMS Journal - Steve_ - 09-09-2019

I took a UMS break while I had a series of guests visit me from out of town. It's been a great summer so far!

Last week: 4 loops back to back. Rest for 6 days. 4 more loops back to back.
a double dose of 4 loops has absolutely helped focus myself towards the goals of UMS.

My girlfriend has been doing great balancing a handful of jobs including the high paying Locum job. (Medical subbing.). The Locum job is hard work and she only has 2 or 3 days off this whole month but by the end of the month she will have completely paid off her credit card debt and some other debts. She has been offered a job at every clinic she's subbed at Smile Politely declining each time but of course it's great to hear how much people appreciate her.

Her and I decided we want to start a business. I'll be doing SEO (search engine optimization) and she will do website design. She's already created the SEO website and one for her step dad's business. UMS has given me so much drive. I have always started up little businesses in the past - lawn moving at 15, various tech work and web design throughout high school and college, etc. I haven't had this kind of motivation since I was in college and it's a great feeling to start something again. Honestly I get bogged down by the "Oh I have to do this... and that... crap...now what..." but now, I feel focused.I sat down and started creating my policies, workflow, gmail, CRM, industry tools, picked a logo, and I'm about to pull the trigger on a domain and I'll be live. I know its going to be hard work but that doesn't bother me. I know it's going to take a long time to establish regular clients but that doesn't bother me either. I've accepted a handful of clients already, actually, promising a free month of optimization - giving them keyword ranking reports to track their website, etc, to get them hooked and to build a portfolio. It's a cool feeling - Thanks Shannon!

My main boring job has been great too, surprisingly. No raises yet but my boss purchased lots of fun security tools for me to use so I can demo them. The demos will raise awareness and will likely open up new contacts and avenues for other opportunities which is what I'm hoping for. Eventually I'd like to quit this desk job but for now I'll happily grow my small empire until that happens.

-Steve

RE: Steve's UMS Journal - CatMan - 09-09-2019

Good for you, Steve! That's fantastic to hear, welcome to entrepreneurship. SEO is an awesome field, one a lot of companies need. Few can say they don't need more targeted leads...

It's been a real tough road, but I wouldn't have done it any differently if I had to do it all over again. It's changed my life forever.

All the best to you man. I'll be keeping an eye on this journal to watch you progress Smile.

RE: Steve's UMS Journal - Shannon - 09-10-2019

Nice. I enjoy seeing this sort of results.

RE: Steve's UMS Journal - Steve_ - 09-10-2019

(09-09-2019, 09:23 PM)CatMan Wrote: Good for you, Steve! That's fantastic to hear, welcome to entrepreneurship. SEO is an awesome field, one a lot of companies need. Few can say they don't need more targeted leads...

It's been a real tough road, but I wouldn't have done it any differently if I had to do it all over again. It's changed my life forever.

All the best to you man. I'll be keeping an eye on this journal to watch you progress Smile.

What has your involvement with SEO or entrepreneurship been like? Any tips, best known methods to share?
The SEO field is interesting because there's always a new strategy, a new way to collect and analyze data, research tools, etc so its nice to hear what has and hasn't worked for others.

RE: Steve's UMS Journal - CatMan - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 08:00 AM)Steve_ Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 09:23 PM)CatMan Wrote: Good for you, Steve! That's fantastic to hear, welcome to entrepreneurship. SEO is an awesome field, one a lot of companies need. Few can say they don't need more targeted leads...

What has your involvement with SEO or entrepreneurship been like? Any tips, best known methods to share?
The SEO field is interesting because there's always a new strategy, a new way to collect and analyze data, research tools, etc so its nice to hear what has and hasn't worked for others.

My field isn't SEO, although due to being an entrepreneur, naturally I've crossed paths with SEO people. Good ones, and VERY bad ones that cost me a fortune for nothing.

I can share some things, of course Smile. I would say to you: get used to the idea of being an expert problem solver. That's really what entrepreneurship boils down to. Being able to consistently solve problems. Many will pop up that you didn't predict or solve for beforehand, that's just reality. So, improving your skills to think on your feet, and be an accomplished problem solver, means success will be virtually certain as long as you stay the course. Also, get ready to walk what we often call "the gauntlet", that period where you are learning and improving. It's an awkward period before you make "real" money, sometimes it can be years, depending on the niche. It's why I recommend to people to start small and cash flow first, then expand out with something else.

SEO is very necessary for business. But, I'll tell you this, for a business to really scale, it needs to go beyond SEO. It needs paid traffic. Paid traffic is amazing, the BEST way to scale a business. So, SEO as a base is good, but mastering generating ROI for clients with paid traffic, means you'll have an ability to turn on a tap of qualified traffic for a client instantly. Rather than weeks or months with SEO. Something to consider. I've spent a small fortune on paid traffic, and continue to each month, for example. It's insanely epic when done right. License to print money.

Good choice of niche. I'm excited to see how this progresses. I'll be keeping an eye on things here Smile.