Subliminal Talk
We're only in it for the potato - UMS Interlude - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: We're only in it for the potato - UMS Interlude (/Thread-We-re-only-in-it-for-the-potato-UMS-Interlude)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: We're only in it for the potato - UMS Interlude - Have at ye - 09-16-2019

Kept the number of loops (6) but lowered the volume a bit last night, the headache passed instantly and I started getting execution symptoms, then fell asleep and had related dreams. Good!

Hmm. After I've had some time to think about that credit debacle, I am less and less happy about it. Looks to me like the girl was trying to pretend she "did everything herself" as a way of self-aggrandizement, judging by several factors: 1) I've known her for 8 years, and she always did have a penchant for it where "career" is concerned, 2) she wouldn't look me straight in the eye at the reception and seemed to be even avoiding me a bit, 3) I went for a beer with one of the female cast members and that "friend" after, and the girl said they did not know I did the translation, even though I fucking signed it with my full name when I sent it on to the director chick, and the entire purpose of it was to give it to the soloists so that they would know whatever the hell they're singing about. So she must have deleted the credit (i. e. my fucking name) when she passed it around. That's, technically, illegal, regardless of any contractual stipulations in place or not (I did not pass neither monetary nor any other rights onto her, lol, and authorship is the author's in perpetuum), especially in Polish copyright and authorship law (which is actually halfway decent TBH).

Unfortunately for her, we discussed the deal mostly through the Internets and I sent the files on to her (with my name signed to them) through the Internets as well, so I'd win in court were I inclined to make trouble for her. I'm not quite sure whether I'm willing to kick someone when they're down, but she is going to get a stern talking to at the very least next time I see her.

Nevertheless, next time she comes crying for help, she's either going to have to pay me a lot of money (I charged a symbolic amount of potato in the spirit of "never work for free", as I considered her a friend and, erm, occasional lover), or at the very least work that tight butt of hers something fierce. Fucking Warsaw singing class.

Still, in the spirit of "karma, neh?" she's getting ripped a new one in reviews, as well as now people know the text was mine as I discussed it at the reception with people and my voice is pretty loud. Wink Some movers and shakers definitely overheard it, so now they know, lol, and she won't be able to pretend she "did everything herself" any more, haha.

Otherwise, feeling very good, the 6 loops at lowered volume last night seem to have worked wonders. I actually got a return of that "cauterizing" sensation I'd get when I started using UMS, but this time it's going up from my left foot on up. I think I even know what that's all about.

Felt quite badass today. Don't really know why, probably something in UMS. Wink

RE: We're only in it for the potato - UMS Interlude - Kol - 09-16-2019

Heh, im following what you wrote about 6 loops on lower volume. I like it. Its as if UMS is more "flying under the radar" right now, instead of blasting and having it 'detected'. Pretty smooth so far.

RE: We're only in it for the potato - UMS Interlude - Have at ye - 09-17-2019

(09-16-2019, 01:16 PM)Kol Wrote: Heh, im following what you wrote about 6 loops on lower volume. I like it. Its as if UMS is more "flying under the radar" right now, instead of blasting and having it 'detected'. Pretty smooth so far.

Glad you're getting some stuff out of my journalings and musings!

Yeah, it indeed feels like a more "persuade, not force" approach seems to be working better for me right now with this increased number of loops. With me this appears to vary sometimes, the volume-to-effectiveness ratio, but right now the lower volume feels better. Felt badass today as well, although I am getting some clearing-related thoughts every now and again.

In other news, finished up those trashlations I've had hanging down my neck today, yippie! I've still got some citations to source, and some editing ahead of me, but I should be able to get it done by the end of the week. I've also got another little job lined up, but it shouldn't take all that long.

I've been noticing that I've been running into attractive women I know out of the blue with some regularity lately (f. in. another one today, as I was going to the library, and it turned out she's headed there as well, and such). Mayhap DMSI is beginning its TIDing?

Also, got invited to no less than 3 part-ays this weekend. I'll be able to attend but 2, but I think I'll indulge myself and do just that. Could be fun. Next week I won't have time for such stuff, given the tour and all.

EDIT

Also, I remembered a composer-dude friend of mine inquired whether I'd be interested in writing some sort of libretto for him, based on "The Emperor's New Clothes". I did have a sudden burst of inspiration regarding this recently, based on myself using the phrase "The king is bare" in a conversation with one of my DMSI responders. I already informed the guy I'll be writing the shit out of it. I've got something to say, and the world (or, at the very least, the local singing class, lulz) will be forced to listen, hah!

Let art, once again, be a weapon.

RE: We're only in it for the potato - UMS Interlude - Have at ye - 09-17-2019

A song to go along with that last bit, about art and weapons and stuff. There's not been enough musac in this journal lately, I think!

RE: We're only in it for the potato - UMS Interlude - Have at ye - 09-18-2019

Just got an unexpected gig on Friday out of town, performing a part I toured with all last season. Going there tomorrow morning in the AM. For goodly potatoes (roughly as much as I get for 5 days' worth of touring), one rehearsal, one performance. Fuck, yeah, baby!

I'll have to cancel on one of the part-ays, as well as attending an event by a dancer friend she invited me to which I wanted to see (mostly because she's sweet - as well as *dat ass*, oy, fan me gently!), but I'll write her some sort of message saying I can't attend with a bit of dirty talk perhaps, so that she doesn't think she's off the hook, lol.

RE: We're only in it for the potato - UMS Interlude - Have at ye - 09-19-2019

It's been very pleasant here, where I'm gigging. I kinda sometimes forget that people actually are able to treat you with respect and dignity when you're working for/with them, and are actually trying to make your job *easier*, lol, and I'm all like *woah, that's SOOOO nice" when people actually do that, heh (even though this should be *par for the course*)! Glad I took this gig, good people, will work again. They also seem impressed that I came through on such short notice.

I'm noticing that even though I'm in completely new surroundings, and had to make travel arrangements last minute, etc., I'm not feeling much nervousness. The only bit of nervousness I experienced was today early in the AM, when I was worried I'd be late to catch my train, lol (I wasn't).

I'm kinda tired physically and sleepy, and I've still got that translation job to finish up, but the gig itself is in the evening tomorrow, so I'll be able to get my beauty sleep.

Two more things I'm noticing: one boy from the "moron squad" I've been harping on appears to be very, very salty, and is getting rather unpleasant towards me. He used to be shifty-bullshittery, now he's getting testy as well. Heh. Boyos. Big Grin

The other thing - I've been thinking about women quite a bit more recently (however, as you may have noticed in my journals, I tend to think about women roughly 75% of the time, hahaha), with certain particular girls I know coming up to my mind more and more often. Mayhap it's DMSI TID starting to kick in.

RE: We're only in it for the potato - UMS Interlude - Have at ye - 09-20-2019

The show went really well, I only mumped up, and not too seriously at that, in two spots, so, yay me! People were most definitely impressed I kicked some butt on such short notice (not the easiest part ever, TBH Wink ).

There's a fairly good chance I'm going to be getting more gigs coming my way from the organizers of this thing. Good stuff! Definitely a UMS-related occurrence.

Now I'm gonna finish up that translation jerb, and back to Warsaw in the AM. Gonna go visit one of the part-ays at least. Wink

Definitely noticing DMSI-indicative reactions from females as well, on the increase. No wonder, as it appears 3.3.2 is *coming soon*. Wink

So, I'll do two more days of UMS, as planned, and then I guess it's time for a new journal! It was a most interesting interlude, and I will be going back to this program, definitely. Especially if/when Shannon releases an updated version with all the new additions that have been in the works; I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

RE: We're only in it for the potato - UMS Interlude - Have at ye - 09-21-2019

BTW., I did meet with my vocal coach on Wednsday (I'm like, whoa, I gotta get ready for tomorrow with this darn part, gotta see what state it's in) and it appears to me like she's actually come to terms with the fact I am not a baritone, lol, but a dramatic bass, and seemed chill about the whole thing. We did good work, and I guess we may be able to make this work. Good!

EDIT

Back home, going to that part-ay in the evening, then I'll be resting up on Sunday. Just gotta bring some more stuff to my bro over at the hospital tomorrow. Touring from Monday to Friday, so it's going to be "I need to be up on 5AM every day" extravaganza for the upcoming week. Big Grin

Still, I have hot Lacanian action on Monday, and I think I'll go there anyway. Wink

RE: We're only in it for the potato - UMS Interlude - Have at ye - 09-22-2019

Definite DMSI-indicative TID effects at that part-ay. I got hit on by at least 3 different girls, two of whom I've never laid my eyes upon before, (and one whom I've met some 4 years ago, once, at some sort of New Year's celebration, who went all: "Ahhh, I've been waiting for you!" upon seeing me, haha) and they were pretty direct with it, heh. One guy appeared to get salty because of it (a pretentious "more-enlightened-than-thou" artsy-fartsy dreadlocks and weed fella, you know the type, haha), but the shielding is doing its job splendidly.

This is some pretty strong TID action, TBH.

Also I've got some *serious* swagger going on right now.

Managed to listen to 6 loops of UMS after the part-ay, now I'll probably only manage to do 2-4 loops due to time constraints (gotta get up at 4 AM tomorrow, it's going to be a looooong day). Then I guess I'll be switching to DMSI once 3.3.2 is out.