Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Sense of direction/location/mental GPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had some trouble (actually lost a job) stemming from having a poor sense of direction. I looked for a sub to help, but no one seems to make one. I can’t be the only one whose had this problem, and I figure that Shannon can whip up something that covers more than just simple sense of direction.

I would like to see something that covers:

- Always knowing where the cardinal directions are.

- Being able to look at a map, memorize it as fast as possible, and relate it to reality.

- Being able to keep a mental map of all known areas and keep track of your position on it.

- Being able to learn an area quickly either from being there or from a map.

- Being able to learn and apply any block or address system radially so you can find an address without a map.
(11-07-2018, 01:50 AM)Paul1131 Wrote: [ -> ]I have had some trouble (actually lost a job) stemming from having a poor sense of direction. I looked for a sub to help, but no one seems to make one. I can’t be the only one whose had this problem, and I figure that Shannon can whip up something that covers more than just simple sense of direction.

- Being able to look at a map, memorize it as fast as possible, and relate it to reality.

- Being able to keep a mental map of all known areas and keep track of your position on it.

- Being able to learn and apply any block or address system radially so you can find an address without a map.

I know how you feel, I'm terrible with spatial orientation as well. I can't live without Google maps, especially when I travel. And even with the maps, I can get confused. Since there are no subs for this, I recommend US/LM3 or MLS for this.
I am on USLM now, and have improved since that happened a couple of years ago. I was actually not allowed to use a GPS when I was starting that job, and that’s what made me realize I had a big problem.
Given all the other stuff you can do with subs, this couldn’t be that hard, I don’t know why no one has done this before.
(11-07-2018, 02:12 AM)cataleya Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2018, 01:50 AM)Paul1131 Wrote: [ -> ]I have had some trouble (actually lost a job) stemming from having a poor sense of direction. I looked for a sub to help, but no one seems to make one. I can’t be the only one whose had this problem, and I figure that Shannon can whip up something that covers more than just simple sense of direction.

I know how you feel, I'm terrible with spatial orientation as well. I can't live without Google maps, especially when I travel. And even with the maps, I can get confused. Since there are no subs for this, I recommend US/LM3 or MLS for this.

I thought I was the only one here with that problem. If anyone shows me google map even then I am confused. Weird i didn't have these problems a decade ago.