Subliminal Talk

Full Version: High end earphones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if anyone has had better results with subs by using very high end earphones?

Such examples are hd800 or the lcd2.
(08-22-2018, 04:06 PM)Frosted Wrote: [ -> ]Dzemoo said he got better results using high quality DJ headphones.

I had some thoughts recently cross my mind as to why I posted this. Some of those thoughts were:

-Quality of headphones
-Quality of the DAC (Amplifier and Digital to Analog Converter) https://www.androidcentral.com/does-my-p...ones-today
-Ability of the ears to hear finer details
-Program that plays the FLAC's

In realizing this I decided to purchase some Monoprice M300's which are supposed to be quite good at a budget price. My thoughts are that if I notice even a slight increase in subs effectiveness, that it would be worthwile to invest in a high-quality setup.
- Dragonfly Black/Red external DAC
- Earphones
- Even the cables themselves

These were some of the things I was researching. Apparently it is common to have lower-quality audio processing in smartphones.

Also, plainly, the earphones I think I have been using are crap.

Edit: Also these headphones have a frequency response to 50khz, which is well beyond the 20khz, but perhaps might play US better?
I use in ear monitors, I can sleep with them.

Shures SE 215s.