Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Helicopter Parents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before I begin this thread its important that everyone is aware of what helicopter parenting is there is an article here

https://www.parents.com/parenting/better...parenting/

Have any of you experiencing helicopter parenting ? If so how did it effect you growing up ?
Frosted I feel your pain my father dominated my life for many decades. He preached it was "my way or the highway" of course I was too scared to take the highway. I realized very late in life that he was doing it for his own happiness so he could groom me into a married guy with a few kids and a professional job that he tell the whole world.

The act of him controlling my life made me also shy and timid. Especially telling me how I was a failure at school and had no chance of getting into university or even getting anywhere in life. Thanks the Gods I found "self help".
Helicopter parenting goes further than just abusive/forceful/or strict parenting. If you are failing a class at school, a helicopter parent will do your homework for you to make you "appear" successful. They protect their kids from failure, make their bed for them, make them feel helpless - like they can't do anything on their own. These kids never get a chance to learn anything on their own, and develop resilience or self-confidence. They're helpless as adults, incapable of doing anything on their own because they've been pampered their whole lives.
(08-15-2018, 08:43 AM)RTBoss Wrote: [ -> ]Helicopter parenting goes further than just abusive/forceful/or strict parenting. If you are failing a class at school, a helicopter parent will do your homework for you to make you "appear" successful. They protect their kids from failure, make their bed for them, make them feel helpless - like they can't do anything on their own. These kids never get a chance to learn anything on their own, and develop resilience or self-confidence. They're helpless as adults, incapable of doing anything on their own because they've been pampered their whole lives.

Good points RT I recall parents at a private university I use to work at. It was later discovered that the parents were hiring someone to do complete their sons course work and even offered the university donations prior to him taking his exams.