Subliminal Talk

Full Version: EPHRA 2.0 question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does EPHRA help with being more patient & impulse control or delaying gratification?
James,
I can speak from my experience with E2.

Yes. I am very aware that my own and most people's "instant/quick" decisions are FEAR related. Nothing else.
Ex. I want something now since I may be approved for taking action: greatly reduced now. I'd done this countless times in life. Today I notice the fear rising while a "sales pitch" is made (in any context), and I intentionally do not act immediately. Fear was ALWAYS my #1 motivation in finance and relationship decisions, for I didn't want to lose your love/approval/etc. Taking action while afraid has very, very rarely had good results. I can't name any good results actually. I wanted to be liked/loved, so I was nothing more than a "yes" man.

I'd basically given anyone or everyone complete control over my choices because, to me, if you liked me, it was at least somewhat "close" to love.

And E2 is still changing me now. I'm done controlling the outcome of listening, as I found when I let go (whether it was from tiredness, distraction, etc.) I actually had some major breakthroughs. I'm awaiting my startup for DMSI, but I began a DMSI journal while still on E2. Post #7 I shared a release I had last week using E2.

Losing the fear-holds is giving me more self control. Me saying that is actually a first Smile
(05-01-2018, 02:57 PM)findingme Wrote: [ -> ]James,

Yes. I am very aware that my own and most people's "instant/quick" decisions are FEAR related. Nothing else.
Ex. I want something now since I may be approved for taking action: greatly reduced now. I'd done this countless times in life. Today I notice the fear rising while a "sales pitch" is made (in any context), and I intentionally do not act immediately. Fear was ALWAYS my #1 motivation in finance and relationship decisions, for I didn't want to lose your love/approval/etc. Taking action while afraid has very, very rarely had good results. I can't name any good results actually. I wanted to be liked/loved, so I was nothing more than a "yes" man.

I'd basically given anyone or everyone complete control over my choices because, to me, if you liked me, it was at least somewhat "close" to love.

And E2 is still changing me now. I'm done controlling the outcome of listening, as I found when I let go (whether it was from tiredness, distraction, etc.) I actually had some major breakthroughs. I'm awaiting my startup for DMSI, but I began a DMSI journal while still on E2. Post #7 I shared a release I had last week using E2.

Losing the fear-holds is giving me more self control. Me saying that is actually a first Smile

That is so cool to read. I was going to restart AM5 but I got to thinking about how much fear based programming I have in my that I feel like I sabotage the f*** out of myself because of it. I don't feel like I can just do whatever without somehow being emotionally attached to it. My supervisor at work last week when I asked him about getting better said " stop trying so hard & let sh** happen " I know I care way too much about either making mistakes at work or that I feel like the odd guy out sometimes. Maybe it's because I'm still new but I am often my own worst critic. Last night I was thinking about how I might just run E2 for six months then do back to back runs of AM6.
(05-01-2018, 03:51 PM)JCasterlin Wrote: [ -> ][quote='findingme' pid='196124' dateline='1525215469']
James,

That is so cool to read. I was going to restart AM5 but I got to thinking about how much fear based programming I have in my that I feel like I sabotage the f*** out of myself because of it. I don't feel like I can just do whatever without somehow being emotionally attached to it. My supervisor at work last week when I asked him about getting better said " stop trying so hard & let sh** happen " I know I care way too much about either making mistakes at work or that I feel like the odd guy out sometimes. Maybe it's because I'm still new but I am often my own worst critic. Last night I was thinking about how I might just run E2 for six months then do back to back runs of AM6. I own both E2 & AM6 so why not? I keep getting told I have to be patient by people to get where I want to be so I might as well make great use of the time
I've not run AM myself, though I've had strong draws to it. I'll defer to those who have more experience with AM since I've seen guys on it commonly wrestling with this "should I continue" question.

I've run E2 and mostly 5.5 subs myself.
(05-01-2018, 04:34 PM)findingme Wrote: [ -> ]I've not run AM myself, though I've had strong draws to it. I'll defer to those who have more experience with AM since I've seen guys on it commonly wrestling with this "should I continue" question.

I've run E2 and mostly 5.5 subs myself.