Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Rebel_GQ's ASC journal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am on day 20 of ASC. I have not been keeping a daily journal as there have not been much to report. But I think this program is slowly but surely starting to work (snail's pace), so I'll start documenting things now. I'm hoping it's working like it should and not just a placebo effect. I have read that for 5G, we should start noticing effects between 14 and 32 days, and anything less is more than likely Placebo.

My Personal Goals to get out of ASC:
-better eye contact when talking with others.
-confidence in client meetings / customer conference calls.
-eliminate nervousness in interacting with clients/customers (especially if I'm not prepared or well versed on the topic of discussion)
-confidence in my ability to figure things out, even if I don't immediately have the answers.
-confidence in social situations
-overall self confidence and self esteem

Initial impressions:
-more tired than usual, and this is several days during the week. I have to take naps during the day.
-sleeping less (around 6 hours) and wake up a couple of times during the night, but easily fall back asleep.
-though sleeping less, when I am asleep, it is very deep. I also wake up not feeling tired, but actually very relaxed, like as if I slept 8-9 hours.
-have only had two dreams since I started (one of which was last night, which I'll elaborate on below).

DAY 20
Last night I had a dream about my father. This was the second dream I've had since I started, and both times have been about my father. Both were not good dreams. We were always disagreeing and arguing. On the first dream, I was physically beating him up (this never ever happened in real life).

I was brought up in a conservative upbringing. I share a lot of traits from my father: shy, introverted, quiet, well behaved, not very social. For most of my life even up to now, I am still this way, though deep down inside, I feel like bursting out. These personality traits have carried over into my career, so that's what I'm aiming to change, as well as of course overall change in myself and personal life (my social life is zilch).

I view these dreams as the sub paving a way to clear the cob webs so it can do its work in accomplishing it's goals.

Anyway, this is all for now. Still early in my journey and I want this to not only work, but for results to be permanent. I'm planning on running this minimum 6 months. I'll update if there is something noticeable or concrete to report.

Cheers for now, and happy Friday.
Anything less is more than likely not placebo, just a slower than normal reaction time. These programs work according to the speed at which you accept and execute them. If you were going to get placebo, it would have started immediately and faded out after the first week or two. What you're displaying is just a bit more to deal with for the program to take effect than most people have.
DAY 23

Had a customer meeting today. Typical meeting where we're all in a conference room and I had to do some white boarding.

Eye contact has been improving, and I am pleased with that progress. I'm now looking at folks directly in their eyes for the entirety of when I or they are speaking.

Gesture / posture is also improving. I am now sitting upright, whereas before I used to slouch and lean back a lot.

Though these areas have been progressing, I am consciously making an effort to apply them (eye contact and proper posture). The goal is to ultimately be like that naturally by default without having to think about it.

The area that still needs improvement is: There is still a little bit of nervousness, and it shows when I speak or probably even the way my facial expressions look. I'm sure this will progress over time.

For internal meetings (i.e. with co-workers and not clients), my confidence is pretty high, and people look to me for input or guidance.

That's all for now.

Cheers,
Day 26

Was out of town on business travel the past few days. I intentionally did not listen to my sub so I won't feel mentally & physically exhausted during this trip.

Had been listening for 23 straight days between 12 and 18 hours a day. I feel I could use a little break and give my brain a rest.

It worked as I felt more refreshed and recharged. Back at it tonight.

Confidence is starting to show more and more in my mannerisms, the way I walk and my posture. Eye contact is slowly improving, but has some ways to go. I still get nervous when having to talk in front of a crowd; I hope this sub includes having the confidence to overcome all nervousness in public speaking situations.
DAY 29

I decided to purchase some nootropics today (brain supplements), should arrive early this coming week. I'm doing this to get a boost in mental clarity, focus, and energy since listening to this sub for several hours a day every day takes a toll on me both physically and mentally during the week. Hard to focus when doing work, not to mention lack of motivation. I do take caffeine, but want to cut back on that, and maybe this might end up a good alternative.

I'll be curious to see if taking these nootropics will have an effect on my brain / subconscious in its ability to process / absorb the sub better? For example, giving it a boost for faster goal achievement, or maybe a reduction in resistance and associated side effects? I have no idea and am just throwing this out there. I will be paying close attention to this as I'm taking these supplements over the next several weeks. If there is anything worth mentioning, I will make note of it here.

...Confidence continues to grow in all aspects. I am feeling it from deep within, and it has been manifesting externally in my mannerisms and how I carry myself.

I had forgotten to mention while I was out of town last week at a sales conference: there is a guy I work with who was also at the conference who sent me an email with the title "You Are Amazing". That was it, no content in the email. I found that really odd and did not reply back nor ask him about it. Neither of us are gay, and we are both married. I just found that really odd...

I am attributing that to my aura of confidence is starting to be noticed by others as well.
DAY 32

So I have reached Day 32 of running this sub, the typical time frame of running a single cycle for 5G subs.

How's my confidence? I will say that confidence has manifested in some areas of my life, not all. It is mainly evident in physical attributes, i.e. my mannerisms, the way I walk, the way sit (I no longer slouch), my posture, etc...Eye contact while conversing is improving and was better than before.

Some things that still need work are speaking in front of a group, customer meetings, customer conference calls.

I have started noticing that co-workers sense this confidence about me, to the point where they either want me more engaged beyond the scope of my responsibility, or want me to step up to the plate and lead more. I don't care to lead, I'm the type that does what's required and am perfectly happy in that role. But with this confidence, I think they feel I can contribute more (which I probably can), but then again I don't care to. Happy with the status quo.

In summary after 1 month's worth of listening: there have been some noticeable effects, but like most people on here, I am wanting a lot more from the sub. I wonder if we are truly ever 100% satisfied even after doing longer runs? My guess for the most of us is no; goals are never 100% achieved to satisfaction, but hopefully at least we get to the point where we are comfortable enough with the results so we can try subs for other aspects of our lives.

ASC journey continues for now.
(05-02-2018, 08:10 AM)Rebel_GQ Wrote: [ -> ]DAY 32

So I have reached Day 32 of running this sub, the typical time frame of running a single cycle for 5G subs.

How's my confidence? I will say that confidence has manifested in some areas of my life, not all. It is mainly evident in physical attributes, i.e. my mannerisms, the way I walk, the way sit (I no longer slouch), my posture, etc...Eye contact while conversing is improving and was better than before.

Some things that still need work are speaking in front of a group, customer meetings, customer conference calls.

I have started noticing that co-workers sense this confidence about me, to the point where they either want me more engaged beyond the scope of my responsibility, or want me to step up to the plate and lead more. I don't care to lead, I'm the type that does what's required and am perfectly happy in that role. But with this confidence, I think they feel I can contribute more (which I probably can), but then again I don't care to. Happy with the status quo.

In summary after 1 month's worth of listening: there have been some noticeable effects, but like most people on here, I am wanting a lot more from the sub. I wonder if we are truly ever 100% satisfied even after doing longer runs? My guess for the most of us is no; goals are never 100% achieved to satisfaction, but hopefully at least we get to the point where we are comfortable enough with the results so we can try subs for other aspects of our lives.

ASC journey continues for now.

Nice results, good job!

Just curious, why just do just what is expected of you? I'm sure that you will both grow in self confidence and self esteem as you pursue to do more than what is expected of you. If you are in the personal development-game, why not work on this also?
Quote:Nice results, good job!

Just curious, why just do just what is expected of you? I'm sure that you will both grow in self confidence and self esteem as you pursue to do more than what is expected of you. If you are in the personal development-game, why not work on this also?

I think it's a combination of things: laziness, lack of motivation, uninspiring work, working just to collect a paycheck, etc...Don't get me wrong, I try to be the best in the areas I'm responsible for and colleagues see and appreciate my value. But anything beyond that, IDGAF.

You may be right though, that part of it may be lacking in self confidence in venturing into the unknown for me. I'm confident in the things I know, but the complete opposite on the things I don't know, and at this point, not really motivated to go above & beyond the call of duty.

That's why I have given serious consideration to do BASE as my next sub. I think it will help with all of the above. I really like the confidence I'm gaining with ASC, but BASE does not have a confidence module though (I don't think). I hope the gains I'm making now stick when I'm on BASE....

Perhaps that'll be a suggestion for Shannon: add ASC to BASE?
I am having fun reading your progress.
DAY 47

Confidence continues to grow. Kind of hard to describe the feeling inside, but it's kind of like when you have a caffeine high without being jittery, but feel mentally alert and physically active, and feel like you can do anything. It's most obvious in my mannerisms like the way I walk. I feel like the guy in Limitless (excluding being super smart), the way he was walking down the streets when he first experienced that drug, the confidence he had when interviewing and interfacing with people, etc...

This newfound confidence has also made me want to "look the part", so I have been motivated to work out, have been eating less, taking better care of my personal hygiene, and had spent several money on new clothes including suits. I really do feel like the guy in Limitless....that's me Smile

One day I had a male colleague approach me and say "hey, whenever you and I go to client meetings, I want us walking side by side together as we enter the front door". I'm thinking in my head WTF??? So this confidence is definitely noticeable and making me have this "cool" persona that people are attracted to.

However, an unexpected (and a bit unwanted) "side effect" is that it has given me more responsibilities at work that I don't really care for. The Sales folks I support and upper Management would like me to spend a lot more time at customer sites building a relationship with clients one-on-one, just me without the Sales team involved (I am an Engineer, and the Sales teams usually do this kind work, not me). They want me to build that trust with the client, and because I am not Sales, it wouldn't seem like I am trying to sell them something. So now I will be doing more travel and spending more time at client sites. Of course I had to accept...

As a side bar story: so yesterday there was a happy hour being sponsored by one of our vendors. I had not plan on going, I have a lot of work to do, and I think socializing is just a waste of time for me at this point. My Director and an Engineering colleague was going to be there, so I felt like I had to go and eventually just dragged myself to going. On the way there, I felt "confident about my newfound confidence" if that makes sense, so thought it would be interesting to test this confidence in an actual social situation (as you can probably tell, I don't go out much).

I'm glad I ended up going. The vendor we had were actually two hot young chicks, I'd say 8/9, one was around 30, the other around 22 or 23. We had a group table reserved, so in a situation like that, it becomes a lot easier to just talk with them, no pressure, no anxiety, etc...So I did the usual introductory talk with them, talked a little bit about work and any potential opportunities they can be engaged in, but 90% of the conversations during our time there was not work related. When I was leaving, the younger girl told me to "call me, or I'll call you". I said okay. Today, she messaged me in LinkedIn wanting to do lunch (not sure if she is doing this with the other folks from the happy hour).

Anyway, my point in all this, if I can give a tip to the younger folks that's undecided on a career and want to know where the young hot ladies are at, it is in sales, marketing, recruiting, or any company that provide services to other Partners / Providers that resell their service. These types of jobs, they usually sponsor happy hours, lunch & learns, training sessions, etc...and it's just a natural way to meet women and converse with them, removing the pressure or anxiety of let's say approaching someone at a bar or club. These women are usually smart and educated as well, so an overall good package.

That's all for now. Haven't posted in awhile, so thought I'd ramble on a little.

Cheers, and happy reading.
DAY 52

My ASC run will soon be coming to an end. I had planned on running this for several months, but things at work have always been crazy, and now I have additional responsibilities. I'm so behind on a lot of things (and it's been like this for months), but the worst part is I don't have the motivation to go the extra mile to get things done. It's really difficult for me to work off hours and weekends, due to laziness and pure lack of motivation.

I need to get my act together. My next sub will be something that gives me BOTH motivation/inspiration/drive/ambition/will power/focus AND actual concrete, quantifiable results of GETTING THINGS DONE. Something really strong to destroy my laziness and end my procrastination. Have not decided which sub to go with yet though I thought about BASE (of course), MLS, AM6, or DMSI 3.2A.

Today or tomorrow may be my last day on ASC so I can take a week off before starting the new sub on June 1st.

As far as ASC goals, I'll give a summary in the next few days. For those that actually read my journal (it's probably one of the more boring ones on here since it's not DMSI nor AM6), you can see the progress I've made. I may go back to this sub sometime in the future.
(05-22-2018, 06:31 AM)Rebel_GQ Wrote: [ -> ]DAY 52

My ASC run will soon be coming to an end. I had planned on running this for several months, but things at work have always been crazy, and now I have additional responsibilities. I'm so behind on a lot of things (and it's been like this for months), but the worst part is I don't have the motivation to go the extra mile to get things done. It's really difficult for me to work off hours and weekends, due to laziness and pure lack of motivation.

I need to get my act together. My next sub will be something that gives me BOTH motivation/inspiration/drive/ambition/will power/focus AND actual concrete, quantifiable results of GETTING THINGS DONE. Something really strong to destroy my laziness and end my procrastination. Have not decided which sub to go with yet though I thought about BASE (of course), MLS, AM6, or DMSI 3.2A.

Today or tomorrow may be my last day on ASC so I can take a week off before starting the new sub on June 1st.

As far as ASC goals, I'll give a summary in the next few days. For those that actually read my journal (it's probably one of the more boring ones on here since it's not DMSI nor AM6), you can see the progress I've made. I may go back to this sub sometime in the future.

Go with MLS..
(05-22-2018, 06:34 AM)Zane Wrote: [ -> ]

Go with MLS..

I may just do that. How long is each loop, is it the usual 30 minutes? So 4 loops per day non-stop is just 2 hours of non-stop listening, right?
(05-22-2018, 07:18 AM)Rebel_GQ Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2018, 06:34 AM)Zane Wrote: [ -> ]

Go with MLS..

I may just do that. How long is each loop, is it the usual 30 minutes? So 4 loops per day non-stop is just 2 hours of non-stop listening, right?

One loop is about 75mins. 4Loops =5 hours
Pages: 1 2