Subliminal Talk

Full Version: MLS for a kid with Speach difficulties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Shannon,

I have a friend who has a four year old daughter. The kid has Speach difficulties, to be more precise is speech delay, hasn't talked yet.

My question is, will MLS help the kid to "Learn" to speak quicker?
Is there some other program you would recommend?

Thank you in advance,
Michalis
Just a thought...
My female cousin (2 y/o) wasn't talking and has two older siblings. When the Doctor examined her ears with that device that allows the Dr. to look inside the ear. He discovered her ears hadn't developed properly. They were both sealed shut.

My 2 y/o cousin had to have surgery to put a hole in each ear so she could hear sounds and she is starting to catch up with her verbal skills.

No parent wants to have their child undergo surgery. Just as a precaution, have your friend look into it.
I will do, Thank you 4Kingdoms
Presuming that the child can hear, and that the brain is developed in such a way as to be able to detect, decode and comprehend the instruction set, it may help. Such a young age, however, I have had very little feedback concerning. All of it has been very positive though.
Thank you for the quick reply!
Does it matter that the kid's first language is Russian and she understands only a few phrases in English?