Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Website Changes | October 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy sub users Blackhat

I wanted to point out a few changes to the site within the past 2 months or so.
  • Ability to delete likes from a post you have previously liked (new as of today - I can give credit to the member who pointed this out if they wish)
  • The entire forum is 40 pixels wider. Old: 960. New: 1000
  • Edited nav bar: Added Rules link. Removed "Chat" which was insecure and inactive
  • In-Post avatars are now 100 pixels by 100 pixels. An upgrade from 70 x 70.
  • Edited sub-navigation menu: Removed text "View" from 'View new Posts', 'View Today's Posts'. Added "My Threads" for easy access to viewing threads you have made
  • Added many emojis
  • Added Cloudflare support(faster website, more secure)
  • Enabled SEO url's. Thread URL's include words relating to the forum section and title instead of gibberish numbers and letters. This should help increase traffic in the long run and makes the board appear more polished.
  • Added description under the Welcome forum. For SEO purposes and for new users + consistency.
  • Changed forum section name "Testimonials" to "Subliminal MP3 Testimonials" for SEO purposes
  • Edited the nav bar for guests to encourage sign-up and increase traffic to the shop website
  • Lots of other behind the scenes, under the hood type stuff for improving security and preventing spammers.

SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. In short, I have made some changes "for SEO purposes" which means these changes are to help us rank better in Google (first page instead of second page or so on) for keywords that relate to subliminal audio. The Goal of SEO is to make the website rank better which will drive more traffic which = more users, more content, more moneys for Shannon.

Let me know if you have any suggestions, bugs, etc.
Thanks! Thumbsup
I forgot to add this to the list above. PM system has been fixed. The quotes now show stylistically instead of in broken tags.

New:
  • "Possibly Related Threads" at the bottom of every thread page. This helps with SEO, encourages users to navigate to similar topics which will increase content and number of posts in the long run, and helps new members become familiarized with the board which might help with new users making redundant threads to ask questions that have been answered in the past.

• Expanded Smilies box to show all of the current smilies which eliminates the need to click "show more"

• Users can now reply to threads in the News section. Including this thread!
I think it would be nice if you add https protocol so the information is more private, who knows if there is a user that want to post sensitive information through a public wifi connection without any protection like vpn Big Grin .
yeah +1 for HTTPS
Definitely, HTTPS is on my list. It has brought Andrew and I much frustration....You'd think it would be easy! The problem we're having is getting it to work under Cloud Flare and there are a billion settings for which to flip around and test this and that. I will try my hand at it again this weekend.