Subliminal Talk

Full Version: The proper FR speakers but still staticky!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am pretty sure I have the right type of speakers for the subs, 200-20,000hz. However I am still hearing staticky noise on the silent subs. I even downloaded the audacity program and checked the volume over and over again. If anyone has any info to help I certainly would appreciate it, thank you.
Ok, I think I figured it out for being a bit new to this. The Hz setting on audacity was up way too high, so I put it on 22,050. Does anyone know if I should set it higher or lower, please let me know , thank you
(09-11-2011, 07:50 PM)mystic Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I think I figured it out for being a bit new to this. The Hz setting on audacity was up way too high, so I put it on 22,050. Does anyone know if I should set it higher or lower, please let me know , thank you

I don't know specifically what you mean here. I can say that 200 Hz is a very high "low end" rating. It should be closer to 20 Hz. I can also tell you that there are companies out there who are not averse to labeling their products differently than they actually are made. In other words, your speakers might actually be 10 kHz.

In any case, if lowering the volume does not help, there are only two options. New speakers, or different format. Have you tried the masked format programs?
(09-17-2011, 09:32 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2011, 07:50 PM)mystic Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I think I figured it out for being a bit new to this. The Hz setting on audacity was up way too high, so I put it on 22,050. Does anyone know if I should set it higher or lower, please let me know , thank you

I don't know specifically what you mean here. I can say that 200 Hz is a very high "low end" rating. It should be closer to 20 Hz. I can also tell you that there are companies out there who are not averse to labeling their products differently than they actually are made. In other words, your speakers might actually be 10 kHz.

In any case, if lowering the volume does not help, there are only two options. New speakers, or different format. Have you tried the masked format programs?

Thank you Shannon for your response, sorry I typed 200 rather then 20, oops. I did try other speakers of 20hz-20khz however it did the same staticky noise. I did lower the project or sample rate on audacity down from 44100hz to 20000hz and the static noise was gone but is that the right thing to do? I have tried the masked subs but it is a bit hard to sleep. Please let me know, thank you for dealing with my newbieness.
(09-19-2011, 07:30 PM)mystic Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2011, 09:32 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you Shannon for your response, sorry I typed 200 rather then 20, oops. I did try other speakers of 20hz-20khz however it did the same staticky noise. I did lower the project or sample rate on audacity down from 44100hz to 20000hz and the static noise was gone but is that the right thing to do? I have tried the masked subs but it is a bit hard to sleep. Please let me know, thank you for dealing with my newbieness.

The 44.1 kHz is the sample rate. The higher it is, the higher the quality of the audio is. You're confusing the sample rate with the frequency of the audio. By downsampling it like you did, you effectively damaged the quality severely, and those files are pretty much useless now for subliminals.

Had you reduced the frequency, you would have damaged them too.

If you don't have a speaker that can play the ultrasonic, use the masked format.