Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Question about E2 ultrasonic going 'quiet' at 1 hour 04 minutes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

When I'm playing E2 on ultrasonic I've noticed that the output indicator shows the volume has dropped to almost zero at exactly 1 hour and four minutes. It continues like this till the end of the track two minutes later, so it's not like the short pause at one hour. (I only discovered this accidentally looking at the player as I obviously can't hear any change).

Is this normal? It doesn't happen on the trickling stream version.

Thanks
There are a few minutes of silence at set intervals in the two 5.5G subliminals in order to give the mind time to rest and process the input, including at the end of the subliminal. Don't worry.

The Trickling Stream track plays continuously even during the minutes-long break, I believe Shannon said this is to prevent the start/stop of sounds waking users up if they're listening while asleep.
Thanks. I suppose that would make sense to give you a rest before the next loop starts if you are looping it at night.
First thing I do with the new 5.5 tech is open it with Audacity to see where the pauses are.
It's very helpful if you want to take a pause during the day.
(01-16-2017, 03:27 AM)Alpha360 Wrote: [ -> ]First thing I do with the new 5.5 tech is open it with Audacity to see where the pauses are.
It's very helpful if you want to take a pause during the day.

A good idea to help plan loo breaks!
The pauses are known as ASRB - Audio to Silence Balance Ratio. They allow your mind to execute and rest at the optimal balance to input for the program to be most useful overall.