Subliminal Talk

Full Version: The Server Issues Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
please sort out the forum it keeps saying "The maximum server load limit has been reached. Please check back later once the server is less busy."
We have actually been working on preparing the forum for a major upgrade in the not too distant future. I'm not sure about the error message you're reporting, having never seen it, but I'll pass that along to Andrew.
Hey Shannon I know you said you were going to do some upgrades to the forum in the future for the database errors but have you thought about using cloudflare? Even their free plan has caching with instant purging so it will greatly reduce the usages of resources on your site and is pretty quick to setup.
Explanation from Andrew -

Quote:Short explanation will have to do right now - my day is a little chaotic.

Basically, DLUSA's computer, browser, internet... whatever it may be is bugged. We will be reaching out to him about possible details so he can fix it. It is constantly reconnecting to whatever page he is on. I will be modding the server throughout the day to impose a limit to how many times a visitor can contact the server before getting rejected from the server completely for -probably 20 minutes or so is what I'm thinking. So if DLUSA is unable to fix his computer/internet issue he will largely be unable to use the forum until it is fixed.

It has nothing to do with his name and he will not be asked to change it. His name has, as some people have mentioned, virtually zero impact to search engines and robots.

Any notion that he is doing this on purpose is pure speculation and there is no evidence at all at this time to support that.

All subjects like this need to be in the Website suggestions forum, and every mention of the topic in this journal will be moved into a new thread by either myself or Ben. This is NOT the area to be posting about problems with the store or journal as I do not read this thread and future problems posted here will be moved.
(12-07-2016, 04:51 PM)bits Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Shannon I know you said you were going to do some upgrades to the forum in the future for the database errors but have you thought about using cloudflare? Even their free plan has caching with instant purging so it will greatly reduce the usages of resources on your site and is pretty quick to setup.

I'm not the one who is in charge of the forum. Andrew is.
(12-07-2016, 01:11 PM)eternitys_child Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2016, 12:30 PM)sawell54 Wrote: [ -> ]Dumb question, if we are using DMSI primarily during sleep how do we account for the possible 90 minutes in delta that we may or may not be taking in subliminal input from the subs? I know the easy way out is to say play it when you are awake but I do not have time to consistently play the sub reliably 3 loops per day back to back during my waking hours without being interrupted, so sleep is the next viable option

if i'm correct.... it doesn't matter what state you're in, the subliminal goes directly to the subconscious which i believe is active 24/7/365.

Most SWS (slow-wave sleep) occurs early on in the sleep cycle, so if you're overly concerned, just use a silent track for the first 4 hours, then begin your loops in the latter part of your sleep cycle. Chaos recommended this to me a few iterations of DMSI ago b/c I was getting so tired starting off my sleep cycle by listening to my loops. Did the trick.
(12-07-2016, 06:00 PM)yeah! Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2016, 01:19 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2016, 01:11 PM)eternitys_child Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2016, 12:30 PM)sawell54 Wrote: [ -> ]Dumb question, if we are using DMSI primarily during sleep how do we account for the possible 90 minutes in delta that we may or may not be taking in subliminal input from the subs? I know the easy way out is to say play it when you are awake but I do not have time to consistently play the sub reliably 3 loops per day back to back during my waking hours without being interrupted, so sleep is the next viable option

if i'm correct.... it doesn't matter what state you're in, the subliminal goes directly to the subconscious which i believe is active 24/7/365.

You may be incorrect on this one. In Delta, everything mind related seems to shut down and the body focuses on physical rejuvenation and healing. It is entirely possible that there is no data getting through during this time. It would be a fascinating experiment to see what happens when we only expose people during this state, but... of course we can't do that.

To answer the OP, I don't have a good answer for you. I just know that 3 loops per day is what came out of the models. I also know that it's working like gangbusters for me when I use it sleeping.

Are you running 3 loops straight up when head hits pillow Shannon?

I typically turn it on and fall asleep to it within 10 minutes.
(12-07-2016, 05:09 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2016, 04:51 PM)bits Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Shannon I know you said you were going to do some upgrades to the forum in the future for the database errors but have you thought about using cloudflare? Even their free plan has caching with instant purging so it will greatly reduce the usages of resources on your site and is pretty quick to setup.

It problem is DisneylandUSA's bot infested thread. No offense to him since it may or may not be his fault, but it spikes hundreds of hits per minute throughout the day. Watch during an outage and see the difference in hits before and after it comes back up. I seriously doubt these are organic search result hits (if they are, I want the keywords). Not to mention the view count is simply ridiculous.
(12-07-2016, 06:48 PM)Chopp Wrote: [ -> ]

It problem is DisneylandUSA's bot infested thread. No offense to him since it may or may not be his fault, but it spikes hundreds of hits per minute throughout the day. Watch during an outage and see the difference in hits before and after it comes back up. I seriously doubt these are organic search result hits (if they are, I want the keywords). Not to mention the view count is simply ridiculous.

I agree, something with his thread or username is causing the site to crash. It mostly happens when his thread is on the frontpage
(12-07-2016, 06:48 PM)Chopp Wrote: [ -> ]

He's joined the forum on June 2nd 2016. That's 6 months. Time spent online: 2 Months, 4 Days.

Compare that to Shannon's. He's been here for years. His time spent online is 3 Months, 1 Week.

Something's fishy about the user as well. He might be the bot... Also, when you Google "Disneyland USA", subliminal-talk is not on the first 2 pages.
At the least he should create a new thread for V3.0.1, and we can see what happens with that. If that gets all kinds of fuggered, he may have to change his handle, and if it still happens...
This problem has dragged on for months.

Tell him he needs to change his name. If it stops, add a new rule to the terms and conditions that brand names etc. are no longer permissible as account names. If it still persists, he's using bots to spam the thread to get views for some reason to be popular or whatever which is also possible by his vague, cryptic answers when people ask him about his thread. I suggested this long ago to correct this problem.

I mean it's killing the site for everyone, it needs to be handled.
(12-07-2016, 10:49 PM)yeah! Wrote: [ -> ]Im looking forward to when Disney comes along and "likes" all these posts.

Thanks for the chuckle Tongue

Aside from this pressing issue:

Shannon,

will we have to sustain this style of eating as long as we run DMSI?
I'm shoveling food in my mouth like crazy only to find the aura powering off just an hour or so after consuming hundreds of calories Confused Not really a complaint for me as I'm looking to gain some weight, but if I'm not around food I tend to get cross eyed and it's hard for me to focus my vision.
I don't think his views are due to his username, here are the highest volume keywords for subliminal-talk.com on google:

[Image: fuRGTxp.png]

There are over 400 keywords, sorted from highest volume to lowest volume but none of the keywords contain "disney"

[Image: M9snp7g.png]

My guess is his browser is broken or he may be using a plugin that auto-fetches pages when they're open and it's causing a lot of hits to "hits" to his thread
Omg please get Andrew to fix it soon. I'm trying so hard to catch up on reading dmsi posts and I've literally threw my phone across the room in frustration. I can load one page, then that's it for at least 10 minutes. The Disneyland thread was dormant for a while, the views on this thread increased massively because of dmsi hype now suddenly it's started catching up again in views and the site again is almost unusable at times. How come the site worked fine when we were all online for days waiting for DMSI. But now it's like, nah max limit reached.

Lol why is good looking loser 3rd.
Pages: 1 2 3