Subliminal Talk

Full Version: 24/7 heaphones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, is there someone that can suggest some good headphones for the masked tracks AND Ultrasonic track? Over the ear are perfred so i can use them while I sleep as well. Also good speakers for all tracks would be great as well.
Any decent headphones can play the masked track.

As said before often, ultrasonic is bad for headphones use because the volume can change by accident easily. Shannon has stated this often since September 2013, and they aren't advised for headphones use. Causing either no results due to it being too low, or hearing damage from it being too high. Or even situations where it's stopped or paused and you don't even know until way later on, wasting all that listening time.

Headphones masked is excellent, pretty much any headphones can play that fine as it's within the range of normal human speech. No unique requirements for masked are needed.
(11-05-2016, 12:02 PM)CatMan Wrote: [ -> ]Any decent headphones can play the masked track.

As said before often, ultrasonic is bad for headphones use because the volume can change by accident easily. Shannon has stated this often since September 2013, and they aren't advised for headphones use. Causing either no results due to it being too low, or hearing damage from it being too high. Or even situations where it's stopped or paused and you don't even know until way later on, wasting all that listening time.

Headphones masked is excellent, pretty much any headphones can play that fine as it's within the range of normal human speech. No unique requirements for masked are needed.

Thank you very much for your help, do you have any suggestions for which speakers to get?
(11-05-2016, 12:09 PM)kwamezzie Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2016, 12:02 PM)CatMan Wrote: [ -> ]Any decent headphones can play the masked track.

Thank you very much for your help, do you have any suggestions for which speakers to get?

No problem at all.

Well for speakers, you need good quality speakers that can easily handle 20,000khz if you want to listen to ultrasonic. Ideally, you'd want to test the speaker test file in the IML store available for download first. It's in the "Free Subliminals!" section. To test the file, make sure it's completely silent for the whole track, if any kind of noise presents itself after the test tone is no longer audible by you, then the speakers can't play ultrasonic. Ultrasonic is "silent" to human conscious hearing. But being able to test before buying isn't always practical.

I personally use the UE Mini Boom, which is small so it fits in most areas for logistics easily, bluetooth capable although I use it wired, powerful with great sound quality. It plays ultrasonic perfectly, my brother is borrowing mine and using E2 with it in fact for awhile now. No complaints whatsoever.
(11-06-2016, 10:32 AM)XyzN Wrote: [ -> ]While we're here, what does everyone think about playing music/videos with audio while playing Masked using headphones?

I've done that a lot in the past. I'm pretty sure Shannon said that it's not an issue as long as you can still clearly hear the masked track.

You could always listen to the sub on an ipod and play videos/music on a laptop.
Hi guys!

I suppose you could as long as you clearly hear the stream or waves. You may not be able to do that effectively using closed ear headphones like I do, for example.

At least with these new subs, you only need a few hours a day of concentrated time to listen to get the effect. So it's not like it's a massive hardship to spend a few hours listening each day. I love that!

Worst case, there's always the option to use ultrasonic on speakers during sleep for your hours.