Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Question about ultrasonic Ephra2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have been listening to Ephra 2 for several months and I am unsure if it is working properly. I haven't been so consistent, but I still feel there is something else not right.

I play E2 ultrasonic on my laptop on VLC through a bose soundlink 2 speaker
https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/spea...ni_ii.html

I play it at about 40% volume on VLC.

Should this be working fine or what can I do to check? I work from home and I am often on the phone so cannot use headphones for the non ultrasonic. I've tried the non ultrasonic at night but because I need a lot of sleep due to stress I cannot do this and I am so tired during the day.

Is it best to not use ultrasonic and just use headphones?

I appreciate any help here because there is no point listening to it each day thinking it is working.

Thanks
You should get the app Frequensee and put it to the speaker while the sub is playing to see the frequency levels. And it should have been calibrated according to the masked track.

I didn't see the frequency response under the specs for the speaker. It needs to be up to 20,000khz.

And it looks like it's just one speaker. That works but having two to create a stereo effect is best, even if it's a single stereo speaker.

And with E2 sometimes it may not seem like it's doing much if you focus on the problems you want removed. I know because it's my 6th month on it. Try to make a list of the things that have changed positively since listening.

Have a good run!
Thanks mate.

Please check the following image. Does this mean it doesn't work?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ov4sxscvzevl2f...4.jpg?dl=0

regards

Alex

(09-04-2016, 06:08 AM)maxx55 Wrote: [ -> ]You should get the app Frequensee and put it to the speaker while the sub is playing to see the frequency levels. And it should have been calibrated according to the masked track.

I didn't see the frequency response under the specs for the speaker. It needs to be up to 20,000khz.

And it looks like it's just one speaker. That works but having two to create a stereo effect is best, even if it's a single stereo speaker.

And with E2 sometimes it may not seem like it's doing much if you focus on the problems you want removed. I know because it's my 6th month on it. Try to make a list of the things that have changed positively since listening.

Have a good run!
No problem man.

I think you're good, but I haven't used the app before.