Subliminal Talk

Full Version: How to be grateful?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I already realized how important it is to be grateful for everything and not taking stuff for granted. But I don't know how to be grateful. I don't have this overwhelming feeling of appreciation and gratitude when something pans out positively, but I want to. I mean, I say in my mind how thankful I am and everything, but it doesn't really feel right.

So, how can I practice my gratitude? How can I "train" this feeling of gratitude and appreciation?

Best Regards
V
Gratitude journal

Remember every thing good that happened yesterday. Doing this daily process is very powerful.

You'll get to a point where you're just noticing the good in situations for you. Whatever that might be.
(08-18-2016, 04:42 AM)Vincent_Vega Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

I already realized how important it is to be grateful for everything and not taking stuff for granted. But I don't know how to be grateful. I don't have this overwhelming feeling of appreciation and gratitude when something pans out positively, but I want to. I mean, I say in my mind how thankful I am and everything, but it doesn't really feel right.

So, how can I practice my gratitude? How can I "train" this feeling of gratitude and appreciation?

Best Regards
V

You could run E2, there's gratitude programming and I felt gratitude all the time.

Otherwise, do whatever you can to get worked up emotionally. Is there a movie that overwhelms you with a beautiful message, happiness, joy, or that moves you? Anything that moves you will do. Then, associate that open-heart-felt feeling with gratitude. Gratitude and love go hand-in-hand.

If you meditate, you can get into a deep state and then say, "Love," or "Joy" to yourself and keep thinking of things until, once again, you feel love or joy strongly. Then immediately start connecting gratitude to those things.

Best Regards
V

Start really small. Gratitude has its biggest effect when you realize some of the things you take for granted. Example right now, you're communicating with people from all different areas of the world from the comfort of your own home. We do this so often nowadays it's easy to overlook, but way way back in the day the only communication you had over long distances was a telephone or mail.

You can't force gratitude, it has to come as a realization or awareness. Like if you were homeless, you'd be struggling to eat, work, and enjoy the modern pleasures of life. Not being homeless is something to be grateful for. When the really good stuff happens to you, you'll be that much more grateful.
(08-18-2016, 08:04 AM)mat422 Wrote: [ -> ]

Best Regards
V

Start really small. Gratitude has its biggest effect when you realize some of the things you take for granted. Example right now, you're communicating with people from all different areas of the world from the comfort of your own home. We do this so often nowadays it's easy to overlook, but way way back in the day the only communication you had over long distances was a telephone or mail.

You can't force gratitude, it has to come as a realization or awareness. Like if you were homeless, you'd be struggling to eat, work, and enjoy the modern pleasures of life. Not being homeless is something to be grateful for. When the really good stuff happens to you, you'll be that much more grateful.

I whole heartedly agree. I used to practice being thankful for the stuff I took for granted every night. Things such as as food to eat, a bed to sleep in and a roof over my head.

I would get angry at my boss during the day, then be thankful at night I even had a job.

I saw one guy with half his teeth missing one morning, then I bit into an apple later that day and was grateful I had a full set of teeth. That was a HILARIOUS gratitude moment lol.

So the point is, just start small, and express gratitude. You can't go wrong, but practice is good. And I'll tell you one thing, my gratitude was not always authentic. Sometimes it would be forced but I said it anyway to keep the habit going. Some days you will feel authentic, other days you will feel robotic.
Are you wanting to be grateful because you heard it will attract positive things to you ? I would ask Shannon to eventually build a gratitude & appreciation sub. You'll attract positive things to you