Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Headphones vs speakers 5.5g technology
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe I've read on the forums in the past that there is a 33 percent reduction in effectiveness when NOT using headphones.

Is the percentage the same for 5.5g technology or does the new technology involved change things in regards to effectiveness.
Headphones are more important the higher the generation is thats why i wonder why poeple are using dmsi via speakers
That's interesting, considering Shannon just uses his Galaxy phone speaker without much concern for loss of effectiveness.

I have to use headphones while sleeping so my wife won't be exposed to DMSI. When she's gone, and my son's not around, I use my speaker because I prefer the ultrasonic track.

A 33% reduction, though? That's like saying the ultrasonic track is 33% less effective than the masked (since the US track can't/shouldn't be used with headphones), and I don't buy that for a second.
(07-17-2016, 08:56 PM)Rayhon Wrote: [ -> ]33 percent

it is 10% i believe
I exclusively use headphones to subliminal. Besides being able to increase the impact, we also get the optimum stereo separation.
I'm pretty sure I've seen it at 33 percent in the past. Shannon please answer this when you get the chance I'd really appreciate it.
The difference between using stereo vs mono is approximately that mono is 45% as effective as stereo. There is no percentage of difference calculated between speakers vs headphones because there are too many variables for giving just one value.

The headphones will give perfect stereo separation and perfect volumetric consistency, which is an optimal situation, which you should take advantage of whenever possible. Shannon spends all day working, not listening to subliminals but creating them; when he uses them, he is typically so tired he is ready to drop. He uses is Galaxy S7 for playing them because there is no other easy way for him to do it, and because he's using BAMM 2.0 for years on end.

Were my circumstances different, I would set up a pair of speakers on either side of my bed for better stereo. Given the circumstances, that isn't possible for me. So I do what I can.

The higher the generation you go, the better off you will be using headphones when you can, as it will make the input process much more clear and efficient. That's not to say you can't benefit from speakers or mono, just that as the complexity rises, the benefit from using the most efficient input method rises with it.