Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Reading List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm often fascinated by the knowledge and insights that gets dropped in the various journals by people such as Shannon, Chaos, etc. Particularly stuff to do with the "occult".

I thought it would be cool to have a place where we recommend books to each other which we feel are recommended reading to expand our consciousness.

I'll start off with Psychic Sexuality by Ingo Swann which I saw recommended. For those running AOSI, it's a great companion to give you insight into how sexual energy might work from the perspective of a clairvoyant (someone who claims to be able to visually see individual's energy fields)

Let's have some suggestions. Smile
To paraphrase Robert Heinlein...

Specialization is for insects. A man should be able to plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.

These books are some of my "must read" list for any man:

The 48 Laws of Power, by Robert Greene

The Art of Seduction, by Robert Greene

Meditations, by Marcus Aurelius

The Prince, by Niccolò Machiavelli

The Art of War, by Sun Tzu

The Moral Sayings of Publius Syrus: A Roman Slave, by Publilius Syrus

Walden, by Henry David Thoreau

Civil Disobedience, by Henry David Thoreau

Hagakure: The Secret Wisdom of the Samurai, by Yamamoto Tsunetomo

The Book of Five Rings, by Miyamoto Musashi

Infantry Attacks, by Marshall Erwin Rommel

Facing Violence: Preparing for the Unexpected, by Rory Miller

The Left, The Right, and the State, by Llewellyn H. Rockwell Jr
Oh... I almost forgot one of the most useful books for everyone:

Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion (Revised Edition), by Robert B. Cialdini

This book so fascinated me that I gave it to all the young men in my family. It helps you understand some of our "hard wiring," and how to combat manipulation.
I read it. It's mostly history of the people who paved the way for modern psychic research, etc. The author finally gets to an experiment he was a part of that increased his ability to see auras, and what happens when people are horny.

The take away is that women are actually the ones who get to choose sexual partners. If their energy feels you out and likes you, it literally grabs you by the balls, lol.
Reality Transurfing (5 Books) by Vadim Zeland.
Thanks Sky Wolf. Now I've just dropped another $100 at amazon Undecided
lol.
So many books and so little time Undecided