Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Anyone from Florida?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all..........sorry for the "out there" question, but I'm travelling from Australia to Fort Myers, hopefully beginning of September ( dependent on passport shit being soughted out)

I'm into wildlife photography, birds and the like. So any good places to stay that someone could recommend, it looks like a good place to get to the Everglades reasonably easy and also some other wildlife places.

Thanks in advance Smile
Yes. I'm in Florida. IIRC Ft. Meyers is on the West Coast. Go check out Sanibel Island for awesome wildlife photography. I'm itching to do that myself.

If you want to go to the Everglades, be sure to buy a mosquito repellent that is 100% DEET. Literally nothing else will work there. The mosquitoes, even then, are a hazard because you risk breathing them in and choking on them. They swarm so heavily that you can literally have hundreds of them around you at a time, depending on where in the Everglades you go and what time of day it is. In fact let me adjust my recommendation and say this instead. Get one of these.
I'm in Miami
Wait....Shannon is 2 hours away from me. Hire me please!!! I'll sweep floors or something lol. I'm so serious ?
(06-22-2016, 07:17 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. I'm in Florida. IIRC Ft. Meyers is on the West Coast. Go check out Sanibel Island for awesome wildlife photography. I'm itching to do that myself.

If you want to go to the Everglades, be sure to buy a mosquito repellent that is 100% DEET. Literally nothing else will work there. The mosquitoes, even then, are a hazard because you risk breathing them in and choking on them. They swarm so heavily that you can literally have hundreds of them around you at a time, depending on where in the Everglades you go and what time of day it is. In fact let me adjust my recommendation and say this instead. Get one of these.

Thanks Shannon, I was looking at Sanibel. There's a couple of Hotels around there that I liked.
Thanks for heads up on the mosquitoes (and here I was worried about Gators' and Rattlesnakes).