Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Apple Mac Book Pro Speaker Freq
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys

So I've had problems trying to get 8hours or more listening consistently daily.

I've just been to apple tech support on the phone and asked them what my mac book pro 2015's speaker frequency is.

They told me after much research that apparently its probably 10hz to 20000hz (20khz)

Does this seem right to you?

If this is the case then it means that I can now play my silent from my laptop all the times I'm at home without worry of it disturbing me from my youtube, movies, music, studies etc

Apparently playing silent tracks is fine no matter how loud the music or movie is played at the same time correct?

Im really excited if this is true, can anyone please tell me what they think.

ps: is there any way of seeing what the frequency is of my speakers, with an app or anything?
Get SleepPhones? This way you can listen to the sub while you're asleep, even if your speakers doesn't quite qualify.
(06-01-2016, 11:33 AM)LeonidasXVI Wrote: [ -> ]Get SleepPhones? This way you can listen to the sub while you're asleep, even if your speakers doesn't quite qualify.

Thank you for replying. I had tried sleep phones but they caused a lot of soreness to my ears Sad so had to return them. I have bought speakers which I have around my bed and these are 20khz, but the problem was that either I wasn't able to get 8hrs sleep due to late nights and early starts or that my mp3 which is a small portable mp3 would die or power or sometimes I would be so tired and fall asleep before setting the speakers and mp3 on. The mp3 only have a power of about 20hrs I think so I cannot leave them on 24/7. I would have to unplug, charge then plug in and reset the volume etc. It was more hassle than ease to be honest.

That doesn't mean I have given up but if my mac book pro can play silent tracks and that is why I hope you and others can answer this for me, then it will be terrific in allowing me to make up 8hours a day easily for sure!
(06-01-2016, 11:44 AM)Jake2015 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2016, 11:33 AM)LeonidasXVI Wrote: [ -> ]Get SleepPhones? This way you can listen to the sub while you're asleep, even if your speakers doesn't quite qualify.

Thank you for replying. I had tried sleep phones but they caused a lot of soreness to my ears Sad so had to return them. I have bought speakers which I have around my bed and these are 20khz, but the problem was that either I wasn't able to get 8hrs sleep due to late nights and early starts or that my mp3 which is a small portable mp3 would die or power or sometimes I would be so tired and fall asleep before setting the speakers and mp3 on. The mp3 only have a power of about 20hrs I think so I cannot leave them on 24/7. I would have to unplug, charge then plug in and reset the volume etc. It was more hassle than ease to be honest.

That doesn't mean I have given up but if my mac book pro can play silent tracks and that is why I hope you and others can answer this for me, then it will be terrific in allowing me to make up 8hours a day easily for sure!

Gotcha. Well, I do not own a MacBook, but all the best to you! I am sure someone will chime in.
(06-01-2016, 11:44 AM)Jake2015 Wrote: [ -> ]

Im sure you will get some effect from the mac speakers but i doubt you will be getting the full exposure, at a guess 70-80% but even then I have no real idea - it could be better it could be worse but some is better than none.

The fact apple quoted 10Hz-20kHz is not good, there is no way they go down to 10hz, maybe he meant 100Hz? I don't doubt they can hit 20khz, most speakers can.

But if the pressing play on a mp3 every night and keeping it charged is too much hassle, then why will keeping a mac charged and MP3 playing be any less hassle, especially if you always going to be mobile? in that case why not listen to a masked sub using an mp3 player? OR are you planning on using the US in lectures or class where you cant have earphones on?

My suggestion is to be more disciplined and sort your nightly subs, then make the rest up with the mac. You could always use the mac with the speakers instead of the MP3 player?
Thank you for replying. I'm still unsure how to do the quotes function on these posts so had to do it as I'm doing so.

Quote:Im sure you will get some effect from the mac speakers but i doubt you will be getting the full exposure, at a guess 70-80% but even then I have no real idea - it could be better it could be worse but some is better than none.

I understand thank you

Quote:The fact apple quoted 10Hz-20kHz is not good, there is no way they go down to 10hz, maybe he meant 100Hz? I don't doubt they can hit 20khz, most speakers can.
Then thats perfect to play the silent tracks right?

Quote:But if the pressing play on a mp3 every night and keeping it charged is too much hassle, then why will keeping a mac charged and MP3 playing be any less hassle, especially if you always going to be mobile?
ah ok ill explain. At the moment, the speakers I have that are 20khz and that I bought specifically for these subs are placed around my bed with their cables behind the headboard of the bed.

I cannot therefore move the speakers. So I can only use them when I'm in my bedroom which is never until I go to sleep. The mp3 itself takes a while to charge as its a usb mp3 player (sony walkman usb mp3 player - nwz-b18of). Every night I have to recalibrate the volumes for the mp3s and I literally done get into my room until I'm exhausted and its times to go to sleep - of course I have to better manage my time and this aspect however in my first year of uni this has been the way it has been and it has been a major struggle.

The mac book laptop I have is always in my living room. This I have on even when I'm not sat using it. Its just on in the background. I had began listening to the subs masked tracks via the laptop and at times via the laptop and with headphones on wirelessly. I found 2 things:

1) The wireless connection eventually began to cut off so its not the best way now.

2) The masked tracks sometimes was annoying when trying to study.

Since I am in the living room itself always when I'm not at uni or out and only in my bedroom at night, it makes more sense to utilise the time in the living room by playing the silent track continuously on a loop until I turn the laptop off and go to sleep. What I could also do if the energy consumption is low and leave it playing 24/7 on the laptops battery and simply plug and charge whenever I am sat at the laptop. This way I am guaranteed to benefit towards the 8hours in the day in some way. This would all work if the laptop can manage to play the silent tracks. Its worth it right.

Quote:in that case why not listen to a masked sub using an mp3 player? OR are you planning on using the US in lectures or class where you cant have earphones on?
no listening in uni is impossible. there is no way around it. The uni library is stupidly far away from my campus. there is a coffee shop though that I have to find but heard about that is near to uni and is where students go to study. I can then go here and study and may try to use the masked track but that again depends on not being distracted by it for when I want to study.

Ofcourse the ultimate last answer is I guess for me to simply use masked and earphones/headphones during the day and in my living room, but this is the last resort since silence is best to focus on study.

Quote:My suggestion is to be more disciplined and sort your nightly subs, then make the rest up with the mac. You could always use the mac with the speakers instead of the MP3 player?
Thank you for this. I agree I have to get way more disciplined and structured and try to get into a routine for the night which isn't easy as I have found due to the ups and downs of uni life and lack of energy. This is why I guess I am trying to figure out the best sub for me to use and why.

I can't use the mac with the speakers unless I now take my mac to my bedroom and plug the speakers to the mac rather than to the usb mp3 player, yes that itself is a solution but cumbersome as the mac will have to be on my bed for this to work ideally. I could use it if all else fails but rather not to be honest.
So what do you think?
I was using MacBook Pro laptop speakers for the past six months. Now I'm using beats pill seems a lot better
(06-01-2016, 02:17 PM)Kibagame Jubei Wrote: [ -> ]I was using MacBook Pro laptop speakers for the past six months. Now I'm using beats pill seems a lot better

So are the laptops 20khz? did you see any success/results from using silent on the mac book pro?
(06-01-2016, 02:17 PM)Kibagame Jubei Wrote: [ -> ]I was using MacBook Pro laptop speakers for the past six months. Now I'm using beats pill seems a lot better

Chance are the macbook would actually be better as at least it is in stereo. Beats pill is most likely mono so you will only be getting 50% utilisation at best!

Subs have to be stereo for full effect!!
Yeah but I found better results from the pill and they are stereo
(06-01-2016, 03:31 PM)Kibagame Jubei Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah but I found better results from the pill and they are stereo

Yes your right, the Pills are all stereo. I thought they may be mono. In that case they should get better results than a Macbook - better quality and louder speakers.
(06-01-2016, 03:31 PM)Kibagame Jubei Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah but I found better results from the pill and they are stereo

What is the frequency threshold for beats pills please? and which do you have?
Guys I downloaded and played this mp3 (the speaker test) http://www.subliminal-shop.com/product/speaker-test/

I heard no static, or distortion at all. All i heard was the tone and around 20secs it went silent and thats it till the end.

I played this on my mac book pro.

Does this mean that my mac book pro has passed and is able to play ultrasonic? ( I think so just wanted to be sure)
What I do in these situations is usually call the manufacturers or customer support for accurate info. Even 10 seconds of search engine research could probably get u answers quicker than asking here.
Pages: 1 2