Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Numbness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I feel numbness on my right side of body, particularly face and on the top of my head. I've had this symptom for at least 6 months now, doesn't feel too good. The numbness increases every time I turn on the ultrasonic sub.

Anyone had similar experience to his? I don't know what is causing it
Does the masked format seem to have any influence on it?
After three years of subs i still dont know whats better madked or ultrasonic.
(05-03-2016, 07:39 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Does the masked format seem to have any influence on it?

Masked seems to contribute less to the numbness. For ultrasonic though, every time I turn on my ears feel like it's on an airplane, the feeling you get during take off/landing that you have to open your jaws wide open. I do that less often now but the happened much more often when I first started listening. There was a period of time where I got numbness on the left hand which disappeared after a while. Now it's on the right side of my head. Could it be a problem of sleeping position? It feels like my face / head got covered by something. They have less sensitivity
(05-03-2016, 09:19 AM)Dzemoo Wrote: [ -> ]After three years of subs i still dont know whats better madked or ultrasonic.

This might be off topic for this thread, but my take is that masked when used by headphone provides clearer instructions while ultrasonic version seems more blurry. That's why I always choose to get 2 hours in for masked version everyday, and use ultrasonic during sleep
(05-03-2016, 01:18 PM)Jakeb203 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2016, 09:19 AM)Dzemoo Wrote: [ -> ]After three years of subs i still dont know whats better madked or ultrasonic.

This might be off topic for this thread, but my take is that masked when used by headphone provides clearer instructions while ultrasonic version seems more blurry. That's why I always choose to get 2 hours in for masked version everyday, and use ultrasonic during sleep

If anything, ultrasonic would give clearer instructions because it is volumetrically consistent and much, much louder.

The difference really lies with which layers of the subconscious are most responsive to each volumetric level.
(05-03-2016, 01:15 PM)Jakeb203 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2016, 07:39 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Does the masked format seem to have any influence on it?

Masked seems to contribute less to the numbness. For ultrasonic though, every time I turn on my ears feel like it's on an airplane, the feeling you get during take off/landing that you have to open your jaws wide open. I do that less often now but the happened much more often when I first started listening. There was a period of time where I got numbness on the left hand which disappeared after a while. Now it's on the right side of my head. Could it be a problem of sleeping position? It feels like my face / head got covered by something. They have less sensitivity

In that case, I would suggest you stop subs for a while and see what the numbness does. If it remains, then it's not likely an effect of the subs. If it does not, then you'll have to consider what you want to do, as such a side effect is pretty hard to explain.

But if the masked format contributes less, it may have to do with volume and intensity.
I have almost the same problem, when using EHPRA 2, especially the ultrasonic track for a long time I feel numbness in my feet, and when I stop, this numbness disappears after a while.
This problem did not occur to me before with AM6 and MLS 5.
Is it perhaps because of the new technology in the 5.5 Generation?
Numbness is a way of stopping or relieving pain. It is possible that the numbness is an expression of the subconscious executing the script and that expression being felt in the physical body in places according to what corresponds to what is being worked on subconsciously. Some sort of pain associated with that part of the body, etc.

If it is unpleasant, try lowering the number of hours you are using it per day.
I also feel numbness in my lower back and hands when listening. I think it is some stuck emotions or what you want to call it that needs attention.
I'll add a statement in E3 to prevent this.