Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Emergency usage of hypersleep qn for shannon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This qns is for shannon. Would like to ask if I can use hypersleep after 2 sleep cycles. Meaning after using hypersleep I had 2 nights of normal sleep and would like to use hypersleep again. This is because of my exam.. Would appreciate a reply thanks
(04-29-2016, 06:57 AM)freedom Wrote: [ -> ]This qns is for shannon. Would like to ask if I can use hypersleep after 2 sleep cycles. Meaning after using hypersleep I had 2 nights of normal sleep and would like to use hypersleep again. This is because of my exam.. Would appreciate a reply thanks

http://subliminal-talk.com/thread-1233-p...#pid108482
Shannon's Journal, Volume 2
Got knocked down by food poisoning. It might be a couple more days.
Shannon may still be recovering... please be patient for an answer.
It can be done, but it will disrupt your sleep cycles most likely.
(05-01-2016, 10:14 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]It can be done, but it will disrupt your sleep cycles most likely.

Hi Shannon, Im curious why would it disrupt one's sleep cycle ? I had the impression that using it too much would induce too much "sleep waves" and make one more sleepy
(05-02-2016, 05:08 AM)freedom Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2016, 10:14 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]It can be done, but it will disrupt your sleep cycles most likely.

Hi Shannon, Im curious why would it disrupt one's sleep cycle ? I had the impression that using it too much would induce too much "sleep waves" and make one more sleepy

It disrupts the sleep cycle if you use it too frequently because it basically forces a high speed rendition of a full 4-8 hours of sleep. If the body is designed for a cycle of sleep lasting X amount of time during a 24 hour cycle, and then you alter that, it will begin unbalancing things. It's not bad when you do it, say, once a week or less. But start doing it more than that and you end up with the cycles beginning to be out of balance. You've had more sleep than usual and you have more time for sleep, but no desire to actually sleep. It throws timing of the sleep/wake cycle off and you find your sleep/wake cycle adjusts in strange ways.

Another way to explain it would be like this. Imagine that a 24 hour cycle is 24 units of rope and you have it arranged in a circle. Half of it is black, and half of it is white, and those colors correspond to night and day respectively. Your body is designed to sleep and recharge during the night, and be active and discharge during the day.

What the program does is it allows you to not only shift a portion of the recharge time from the black half to the white half, but to significantly shorten it. So imagine that to symbolize this, we now cut say 6 units of rope from the black part and six units from the white part and swap them. Now we have a period of recharge during the discharge period and a period of discharge during the recharge period. This alone is not very good, but to make it even worse, we have actually compressed the 6 hours worth (on average) of recharge time to just 2, so we have to entirely remove 4 units of rope from that 6 of recharge time we put in the discharge period, leaving us with 4 hours more of discharge time but no balance in the recharge period we exchanged it with.

This, in other words, creates an imbalance in our cycle of sleep and wake.

Now if you only do it once a week or less, it's not hard to deal with. But do it more, and you have another on-average 4 hours to account for each time, and it adds up fast in terms of impact. Eventually your body doesn't know when to sleep or when to be awake and it causes issues.

The HyperSleep program is a tool for use on occasion only, when necessary, but there is always a cost for every action. You have to use it reasonably. It's not an excuse to stay up too late playing video games, smoking, drinking, etc. and then just hypercharge your brain in 2 hours whenever you want. It doesn't work that way.
Interesting. Thanks for the explanation