Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Do I risk becoming a jerk?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys. I am new here and must say from what I have seen, I am in for an exciting ride. It's complicated how I discovered this page but thankfully I am here now.

I started running the free ASC yesterday and I don't know what to expect as the most I have learned about subliminals apart from the dictionary is from this page. I will say, though, that I REALLY want fear dealt with in my life. That will probably be my first purchase if I am satisfied with the trial, which I expect I will based on the numerous positive feedbacks.

Ironically, I am afraid of starting a programme which will deal with my fears. I consider myself to be very compassionate to the extent of being a doormat. This has made people take advantage of me many times, but I am very quick to forgive them when they say sorry only for them to take advantage of me again. After reading some of the threads, I think the root of all this is fear. However, I love the heart of compassion I have as it is what drives my visions. I come from a very disadvantaged part of the world and really want to do my best to bring positive change in terms of infrastructures, education, portable water, etc to the very poor. Do I have the risk of becoming a jerk to my loved ones or turning a blind eye to the sufferings of people if I complete the Overcoming Fear or Alpha Male programmes? On one of the threads, the guy mentioned he thought he was callous at a point through the programme which got me a bit worried.

Thank you Shannon for creating a community like this one.
Short term experiences while doing subliminals don't determine long term results.

Honestly, sometimes we HAVE to be jerks for others to do better. Being a jerk doesn't mean you are or are not compassionate, because all a jerk is is a person that is challenging and making someone uncomfortable. You can't be a jerk to Buddha. He wouldn't care.

I'm also very compassionate and I fully intend on finishing up the alpha male program a number of times. Your ideas and behaviors will change, but that doesn't mean your heart has to or will.
When using ASC you may experience some aggression for a short while, as I did, but it will soon pass. Considering your situation though I would recommend running EPRHA before/after ASC. And don't worry about Alpha Male, if you look at the product description (the bullet points) you can see it is not about turning you into an animal or something, but it is well-balanced.

These subliminals will help clear the obstacles and help you reach your potential, but it will not make you into someone you do not want to be.

I ought to say also that I can relate to your situation a whole lot. I am very lucky to live in a rich country now and when I was a kid I could never dream of living like I do now, and I aspire to do something akin to what you describe.
You must be willing to change. You came here for a reason just like everyone else here. We didn't like something our current lives and we wanted to change it. So you have to ask yourself if you are ready to change.

You want to get rid of ALL your fears. Awesome, I respect that and that's one of my goals too. Realize that getting rid of all your fears means mentally operating from a mindset of no fear. You'll be free. The things you did out of fear, you won't be motivated to do them anymore.

And so far with AM6, everyone improves in one way or another. I haven't read anyone say "oh no, I lost x personality trait with AM and I want it back!" So as long as that compassion of yours is truly a core character trait that is a part of the true you, you're fine.

Also, look at running OGSF 5G or maybe the new EPRHA 2.0 when it releases. Shannon has said that sometimes fears are so tangled up in guilt and shame that you must address all 3 of them. So you should take a look at OGSF. EPRHA 2.0 will have OGSF inside it and much more, so it's another option.
I think you risk becoming a jerk in the short term as you learn to start setting boundaries but I think you will become a much better person in the long term as you gather the strength to make all your ambitions come true.
(03-01-2016, 02:59 PM)maxx55 Wrote: [ -> ]You must be willing to change. You came here for a reason just like everyone else here. We didn't like something our current lives and we wanted to change it. So you have to ask yourself if you are ready to change .....

Also, look at running OGSF 5G or maybe the new EPRHA 2.0 when it releases. Shannon has said that sometimes fears are so tangled up in guilt and shame that you must address all 3 of them. So you should take a look at OGSF. EPRHA 2.0 will have OGSF inside it and much more, so it's another option.

Thank you for the advice. I am on day 3 of ASC and I'm beginning to realise how irrational some of my fears are. I know I still have a long way to go but I am already noticing results which is great. More eye contact and more readiness to confront a problem. I am also beginning to become more aware of the sense of neediness I sometimes project. Good stuff this sub!

As appealing as AM is, I think the best route for me will be to go for OGSF or EPRHA 2.0. It will weed out toxic garbage and set a great foundation for AM.
(03-01-2016, 04:13 PM)ffaux Wrote: [ -> ]I think you risk becoming a jerk in the short term as you learn to start setting boundaries but I think you will become a much better person in the long term as you gather the strength to make all your ambitions come true.

I agree. I am beginning to see the difference between being assertive and being a jerk. It seems to be a fine line but I hope the difference will become obvious to me by the end of the run.