Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Why did you start your journey to be Alpha?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't run the program in a while, but I intend to in the future. I'll give my reason and then a little philosophical insight to ponder. I grew up the shy sensitive kid, didn't get bullied but I was still like an outcast. Found it hard to integrate into social groups. Practically invisible to girls, except the few ones that took an interest in that quiet insecure type. Basically I felt like I had to rebuild myself from the ground up because I had so much wrong with me.

Now for the philosophical bit. At a certain point I'd say we have to be accepting of ourselves and stop trying to achieve alpha status. Think about it, there's plenty of guys out there that aren't alpha and have happy lives full of great people. I'd argue self improvement could potentially be just as toxic as those who chase material desires their whole lives in an effort to be happier.
Alpha isn't for everyone like being an entrepreneur isn't for everyone like being the alpha male in a group isn't for everyone.

If your view about being alpha is as toxic as that don't do it then. People like you said can be normal and have a great life. If your goal isn't to stand out, if you can accept to have a normal life, be a normal guy then be it.

If you want to be better than what you are right now then do it.
My first intent was to get better, healthy, otherwise my life become boring. What ever the field is I want to be better than what I used to be. To me a life being a normal guy is boring. I want the edge, the difference, the passion. Even If I have to suffer 3-10 years of pain I will do it. Sure there will be time where I want to give up but then I will get back on track.

To Be a guy that standout you have to do a lot of sacrifice in your life, like an entrepreneur. Unless you are born with the skill and even then it's not always easy. Look at Shannon what he has accomplished. I don't think his path was easy, quiet the opposite.

The term alpha male have been used so many times that sometimes it's meaning was lost or people doesn't completely grasp it or have a view completely skewed. To me being alpha is being a real man, a reliable man, worthy of trust, respect, someone that people secretly admire because he do what his heart tell him to do even when the circumstance are against him.
I recently watch a movie about a man like that "Bridge of Spies". The guy in this movie reflect to me the most important quality a man should have.

"At a certain point I'd say we have to be accepting of ourselves and stop trying to achieve alpha status"

I will never give up about that thing. Though I'm already good, I can and will do much better. And it's not really about status to me, it's more about being a man, doing my job as a man. Status is great, I like it, I want it but it's not the most important thing. Status is when people recognize you as great but sometimes people are stupid so sometimes you will go against them, against their stupidity. The movie "Bridge of Spies" reflect that perfectly.
(01-26-2016, 10:10 AM)Alpha360 Wrote: [ -> ]If your view about being alpha is as toxic as that don't do it then. People like you said can be normal and have a great life. If your goal isn't to stand out, if you can accept to have a normal life, be a normal guy then be it.

I'm just saying if someone sets their idealized vision of being alpha way too high and it never comes true, they'll be in pain. Wanting to stand out and have others admire you is a form of validation seeking. I'd argue a better goal is self expression without concern for how you appear to others. A natural result of that is standing out, without trying.

(01-26-2016, 11:56 AM)helloworld Wrote: [ -> ]Great post Alpha.

My goal in the end is to become the leader I as a human being are designed to be. To create a place of comfort for other people and make them feel safe around me. To be a safe harbor and make other people feel good about who they are. As I accept myself they will to feel accepted. To strive to become better just for the sake of the fun in it rather from a competitive standpoint, and inspire others to find their passion and bring value to the world instead of the endless competition you can see down under. I believe that to do this all fears need to be removed. Fear of being abandoned. Fear of loosing all you have. Fear of the worst possible thing. Then you start doing things from a different perspective. Whatever you do will be done out of either practical reasons, fun or passion and not fear. That is a life I would like to live.

This is awesome. I can really relate to what you've posted here.