Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Speakers OK?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I played the test file on one device and this is what Frequensee can see. (No distortion for what I can hear.)

I can see that the "peaks" are becoming flatter towards the end. Is my device suitable to play ultrasonics?

Thanks!
Sounds about right. To double check, when you run the track, check with FrequenSee again. About one inch away from the speaker, the peak should be between -40dB and -30dB. Make sure it's not reaching -30dB tho, if you wanna follow instructions Smile

Also, from personal experience, I always preferred to see it around -60dB from where I was sitting or sleeping. Anything above that would hurt my ears after listening for a long time. This might be different for you, so you just have to experiment.

Also, just curious. What are your speakers? And do you hear the ultrasonic track?
I do hear it but I have high freq hearing.

It's a Samsung Galaxy tablet (stereo speakers but on one side of my bed/head) and the reason I'm asking is because I found it uncomfortable to sleep with my head between two small speakers I used to have, but ever since I switched to the tablet (past 2 months) I don't seem to observe any effects.