Subliminal Talk

Full Version: the rejection letter from a interview...sharing just for fun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Remember that time we all had to face the "unfortunately we are moving forward you are not qualified for this position but we will keep your resume on file" rejection letter after an interview?

Well usually I would have just read it and been like ok it is what it is with a bad after taste in the mouth sort of feeling.

This time I decided to make a reply to them whether they reply to me or not....so here it goes...the following is a letter from the hr employer:

December 28, 2015

Dear Tyler,

We appreciate your interest in furthering your career by joining the team at JPS Health Network. Despite your qualifications and experience, we have decided not to pursue for the Psych Tech position.

Please know this response is in reference to the position listed above. If you have applied for other positions in the network, those opportunities are still under review and you will be notified promptly of your standing in the process.

We strongly encourage you to continue to review and apply for positions in the network. New opportunities arise frequently and you may be the perfect candidate for one of those positions. As a reminder, you need to apply for each position you are interested in pursuing. We wish you success in securing the position that not only helps you attain your career goals, but also provides rich satisfaction for your life.

Sincerely,

JPS Talent Management Department

Now here is my response to his email above: (note that this is the expectations and anticipations of what I say becuz of what AM 6 will make me become:

That's okay. I am kind of relieved that you didn't hire me; I have had such a tough time in the mental health industry even as an intern like I have deep rooted social anxiety so I am not "comfortable" around workers. I need to grow as an alpha male and act more confident and assertive at that.

I also appreciate you letting me know about the hiring whether a yes or no.

So let me do you a favor and grow as an alpha male and come back to re interview with a better more cutting edge personality and more confident. After all, people love a man who is more confident and assertive. Heck I wasn't a people person anyways with my social anxiety.

Give me about a little over 6 months and I will be back as a new person.

Nonetheless why exactly did you not hire me I am just curious for the actual reason. This way I can work on it after 6 months and re apply as a newer personality developed person.

2016 for me will be better and hopefully more guarantees.

I am assuming I was over qualified because I want to go into LPC which is overqualified for someone in this position.

Thanks

Okay maybe it sounded a bit rude, immature, and unprofessional.....but I tried to output a "it didnt phase me" type of attitude.....kind of like "you dont own my soul" just because I got rejected. That's the first time I ever did anything like that above....I bet you I wouldve not even done that if I didnt know AM 6 or IML......kinda like "you dont know what youre in for" mwahahahha....ok but there you go. Enjoy!
(12-28-2015, 12:57 PM)hiddenalias Wrote: [ -> ]Remember that time we all had to face the "unfortunately we are moving forward you are not qualified for this position but we will keep your resume on file" rejection letter after an interview?

Well usually I would have just read it and been like ok it is what it is with a bad after taste in the mouth sort of feeling.

This time I decided to make a reply to them whether they reply to me or not....so here it goes...the following is a letter from the hr employer:

December 28, 2015

Dear Tyler,

We appreciate your interest in furthering your career by joining the team at JPS Health Network. Despite your qualifications and experience, we have decided not to pursue for the Psych Tech position.

Please know this response is in reference to the position listed above. If you have applied for other positions in the network, those opportunities are still under review and you will be notified promptly of your standing in the process.

We strongly encourage you to continue to review and apply for positions in the network. New opportunities arise frequently and you may be the perfect candidate for one of those positions. As a reminder, you need to apply for each position you are interested in pursuing. We wish you success in securing the position that not only helps you attain your career goals, but also provides rich satisfaction for your life.

Sincerely,

Now here is my response to his email above: (note that this is the expectations and anticipations of what I say becuz of what AM 6 will make me become:

That's okay. I am kind of relieved that you didn't hire me; I have had such a tough time in the mental health industry even as an intern like I have deep rooted social anxiety so I am not "comfortable" around workers. I need to grow as an alpha male and act more confident and assertive at that.

So let me do you a favor and grow as an alpha male and come back to re interview with a better more cutting edge personality and more confident. After all, people love a man who is more confident and assertive. Heck I wasn't a people person anyways with my social anxiety.

Nonetheless why exactly did you not hire me I am just curious for the actual reason. This way I can work on it after 6 months and re apply as a newer personality developed person.

I am assuming I was over qualified because I want to go into LPC which is overqualified for someone in this position.

Thanks

Okay maybe it sounded a bit rude, immature, and unprofessional.....but I tried to output a "it didnt phase me" type of attitude.....kind of like "you dont own my soul" just because I got rejected. That's the first time I ever did anything like that above....I bet you I wouldve not even done that if I didnt know AM 6 or IML......kinda like "you dont know what youre in for" mwahahahha....ok but there you go. Enjoy!

I wouldn't be surprised if they read that and think "Maybe we should have hired that guy."
(12-28-2015, 02:03 PM)TheRealJustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2015, 12:57 PM)hiddenalias Wrote: [ -> ]Remember that time we all had to face the "unfortunately we are moving forward you are not qualified for this position but we will keep your resume on file" rejection letter after an interview?

December 28, 2015

Dear Tyler,

Sincerely,

Thanks

I wouldn't be surprised if they read that and think "Maybe we should have hired that guy."

Lol thanks for the positive feedback; I heard an audiobook once upon a time maybe a lil over a year ago about persuasion.

In it, the narrator says that even though you do not get reply or reconsidered the bittersweet story is that you will never know what kind of mark you left on their interpretation even if they go with not responding back to you but you can feel justified that you may have left them with a feeling of "maybe I made a mistake on the decision" sort of feel.

Same thing at my ex employment is that I had a similar kind of response email to an employer that gave me the boot (at the preschool). Hoping that it leaves some kind of mark on him for the rest of his life even though he won't acknowledge my justified email. Oh and between you guys and I, I still have to leave a hate message on my ex company's facebook page....mwahahhahDodgy
Let us know if they respond back!
I don't think we would be doing you any favors by saying your letter was a good way to respond. Please take this as constructive criticism, because I hope you do get a job - but what you did was a terrible way to go about it.

If you plan on writing to an employer (or frankly pretty much anyone outside of this or the PUA community), please don't talk about becoming an 'alpha male' - just comes off as weird and even dangerous.

Don't mention a deep rooted anxiety or any other fundamental flaw - no employer will believe you will go away and fix fundamental personality issues in months. They will rather assume that you might just shoot up the place if crap goes wrong.

Saying you will go away and come back with a new personality better suited to the job almost comes off schizophrenic. Employers want 'normal' people, not people who need lots of personality work or people who can totally change their personality [I know, in our context, it is for the better, but just comes off as strange to anyone outside the community]

I think if you actually wanted a job with them and were curious about the reason why the did not hire you, you could have cut out all the alpha and new personality stuff (I am pretty sure they will now never hire you because of it) and asked about why they did not hire you directly or what ways you could improve your resume or work experience in order to become a Psych Tech in the future.
(12-31-2015, 12:53 AM)coldfact Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think we would be doing you any favors by saying your letter was a good way to respond. Please take this as constructive criticism, because I hope you do get a job - but what you did was a terrible way to go about it.

If you plan on writing to an employer (or frankly pretty much anyone outside of this or the PUA community), please don't talk about becoming an 'alpha male' - just comes off as weird and even dangerous.

Don't mention a deep rooted anxiety or any other fundamental flaw - no employer will believe you will go away and fix fundamental personality issues in months. They will rather assume that you might just shoot up the place if crap goes wrong.

Saying you will go away and come back with a new personality better suited to the job almost comes off schizophrenic. Employers want 'normal' people, not people who need lots of personality work or people who can totally change their personality [I know, in our context, it is for the better, but just comes off as strange to anyone outside the community]

I think if you actually wanted a job with them and were curious about the reason why the did not hire you, you could have cut out all the alpha and new personality stuff (I am pretty sure they will now never hire you because of it) and asked about why they did not hire you directly or what ways you could improve your resume or work experience in order to become a Psych Tech in the future.

Thanks for your input sir.

Beta guys always have a weird way of expressing themselves, I being one of them -- pre AM 6, most of us have been or are in those shoes as of right now. I already set the disclaimer that it may sound immature, unprofessional etc. I also felt that it was unnecessary ranting especially to a stranger let alone HR rep.

If I do go about applying back in 6 months down the road (after running AM 6)......they will forget who I am; the emails that are sent to them usually end up getting deleted anyways. It's not like I plastered a picture of my face with the email lol.

I am sure that you already know that even going about asking them politely and professionally doesn't guarantee a 100% response that they will tell you what really made you not qualified.....

I wasnt trying to be fresh with the response either; yeah maybe an ego boost just becuz of the overwhelming joy of whats to come with AM 6. But realistically I didnt care for the job either with past experiences; my social anxiety is real so I really wouldnt have survived (yeah its THAT bad) true story that I was an intern at a psych hospital and I never went back in cuz of my uncomfort level with my peers and subordinates......to put it in a quote "I ran like hell" when there was no real threat at all; so my social anxiety and irrational fears blended together doesnt really motivate me to work at these places anyways....and then along with the fact that I keep messing up at any job I get becuz I "cant get the hang of it" according to higher management or supervisors (SMH)....all these 3 factors doesnt really make me care whether I would get the job or not, it would just make me relieved....even though I need some kinda work to make a living..

in reality if you were to be an alpha and met this guy that in particular sent you the above email, he would totaly 'respect' you even though he didnt know you.....I would believe it to be true

But dont worry I already agree with you that it was unnecessary and unprofessional but I just did it as a way of saying "you dont know what I am about to become and better me coming soon....".....Cheers Smile
(12-30-2015, 02:53 PM)dissonance Wrote: [ -> ]Let us know if they respond back!

Na they wont; I dont expect them to. everyone will either like what I had to say or not; we are all different but totally respected. I'd get the job more easily if I was more of an Alpha for some reason I believe this to be true.....I just "feel" it. Those that get the jobs are more "personable" regardless of education and experience....
Don't put AM 6 on a pedestal. It is, of course, a great sub in its own right, but it ain't a magic wand. You will not transform into another person, just a more refined version of yourself.
(01-01-2016, 09:04 PM)LeonidasXVI Wrote: [ -> ]Don't put AM 6 on a pedestal. It is, of course, a great sub in its own right, but it ain't a magic wand. You will not transform into another person, just a more refined version of yourself.

Hehehehe, but if it changes me for the better, I want to see it as "another person". Actually now that I think about it, would be nice to be "transformed into another person" and I only say that becuz if youve lived my life, you could only pray to be another identity or person.....(I think we all feel this way based on the crap life we've endeavored).

Kinda like delete the old you and start fresh "reborn" with a clean slate and start anew.
(01-01-2016, 09:19 PM)hiddenalias Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2016, 09:04 PM)LeonidasXVI Wrote: [ -> ]Don't put AM 6 on a pedestal. It is, of course, a great sub in its own right, but it ain't a magic wand. You will not transform into another person, just a more refined version of yourself.

Hehehehe, but if it changes me for the better, I want to see it as "another person". Actually now that I think about it, would be nice to be "transformed into another person" and I only say that becuz if youve lived my life, you could only pray to be another identity or person.....(I think we all feel this way based on the crap life we've endeavored).

Kinda like delete the old you and start fresh "reborn" with a clean slate and start anew.

Power is where you believe it is. If there has been circumstances and people in your life that makes you want to be an another person, well then, realize only YOU are powerful enough to provide them that power. You already are what you want to be. And that's what AM 6 do, show you your true potential and power, which you already posses.
Generally the average person doesn't have great connotations to the term "Alpha Male". It can bring up images of meat-heads, or men who think they're superior to others. Only in the self-improvement world and manosphere is Alpha Male considered a positive term, so to be blunt, I don't think they'll respond well.
(01-02-2016, 09:27 PM)robstar Wrote: [ -> ]Generally the average person doesn't have great connotations to the term "Alpha Male". It can bring up images of meat-heads, or men who think they're superior to others. Only in the self-improvement world and manosphere is Alpha Male considered a positive term, so to be blunt, I don't think they'll respond well.

I agree.....as mentioned, I dont care if they do or dont......as unprofessional as it seemed. Undecided but had to vent somehow with the rejection...
(01-01-2016, 11:44 PM)LeonidasXVI Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2016, 09:19 PM)hiddenalias Wrote: [ -> ]

Power is where you believe it is. If there has been circumstances and people in your life that makes you want to be an another person, well then, realize only YOU are powerful enough to provide them that power. You already are what you want to be. And that's what AM 6 do, show you your true potential and power, which you already posses.

You have a point I guess......for a socially anxious person, the power is NOT with these kinds of people.....if you are not comfortable with the power play between you and your boss cuz you cant confront him when you want to say something, yeah then you're generally giving him the power albeit he already has authority being your boss.....as an example. that kind of statement will not apply to the irrational people that have hardcore social anxiety. This is why for someone who was looking to find the pot o' gold, AM 6 is treated as if it should deserve to be on a pedestal.

Agreed also that we somewhere possess the power, everyone does, somehow you have to just know how to tap into it; it cannot happen alone, even after acknowleding it, but subliminals like Shannon's, it will be a powerful weapon...