Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Better Results: Masked Subs OR UltraSonic Subs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TO Shannon:
TO anyone who can answer my questions below:

quick question here.

i have looked around in this forum and saw somewhat related topic but no fitting answer yet. if there is, i missed it.

so, aside from the "sound" difference between Masked and UltraSonic,
is one format better than the other in terms of getting results?

or are they both of the same quality and both will produce the same result given the same variables at play (time spent listening, etc)?

further explanation:
like if i were to ONLY use the Masked (Ocean) Subs for the succeeding days/weeks/months (so that i will not have to worry too much about finding the perfect 20kHz speakers for the UltraSonic), will that be the same as using the UltraSonic for the x amount of time that i use the Masked subs?

or is the difference ONLY to do with preference of sound:
-Masked (want an ocean sound)
-UltraSonic (want a silent atmosphere and can listen/watch media along with)

THANK YOU in advance for your input on this.

thank you, thank you, thank you.

The quality and results of each is identical (the best I can make), but the limitations of the format itself will cause one difference that must be considered.

In an ultrasonic subliminal versus a masked subliminal, the major differences are the volume and pitch of the script audio. Masked subliminals do not attempt to adjust pitch, but use volume differencing to confuse the conscious mind into ignoring the script, which is what makes it subliminal. The masked subliminal script audio is therefore much lower volume than the ultrasonic subliminal calibrated to the same volume, since the ultrasonic subliminal script audio can be played directly at the same volume as the masking audio is played for the masked subliminal, without being heard. This is because the pitch is higher.

So the result is that ultrasonic script audio (which is the meat and potatoes of the subliminal) will be audible to the subconscious mind as far away as the masking track would be for a masked subliminal, but the same will not hold true for the masked subliminal's script audio. You must be closer to the speakers for the masked version to function reliably. At normal audio, an averaged size room is fine for either format as played on speakers. If you want to go further away and still have some effect, or you want to play your masked program lower than average volume on speakers, you will get different results because the subliminal script audio is lower volume. This must be taken into account.

So: play the program at the same volume as any other audio you would play, over speakers, in a normal sized room in which you can hear the masking audio clearly anywhere in that room, and you should be fine. Otherwise, you will need to make adjustments, or get less effective results.
awesome, was waiting for an answer to thislol
haha, me too.

so, i guess, for me, UltraSonic is the best way to go.

will get my 20KHz speakers by next week.

i am going to run a poll to see which sub is being used more - Masked OR UltraSonic.

thanks Shannon for answering.
If headphones are used with masked subs at considerably low volume, is that still effective??
Keeping in mind that the voice-track in masked audios is like a whisper compared to the ultrasonic's speech level, I'd guess that listening to a very soft masked track will cause you to miss out on things, making it less effective.

In a masked track at normal volume, the voice is like a whisper. Now if you turn the volume down so that the masking audio sounds like a whisper, how soft did the voice just become? Probably too soft to hear.

Why would you want to run them at such a low volume anyway?
Meditation, and maybe sleep issues, it is often preferable to listen to a track at barely perceptible so that it is less of an anchor when you are able to go into deeper states. Especially when first starting out.
Then I would suggest combining your favorite meditation music with the ultrasonic track. If you use a computer, it's easy enough, just use 2 players, I do that all the time. Since you indicated headphone usage, 2 physical players wouldn't do the trick. If you use a portable player, you'd need to merge them very carefully into a single track or use special apps.
I'm simply saying low volume in the sense that you can still hear the sounds of the waves or tricking stream clearly, but they aren't dominating as much and you can still hear stuff around you. How low can we go is the question as sleeping with loud sounds isn't the best idea. Also, what exactly is the test for speakers? As I randomly tried ASC on my laptop and it worked wonders but my speakers failed the test from the website as it got crackly towards the end. Is it possible that it passed the test at a lower columns and failed at a higher volume?
I have found mixing both formats gives great results.